Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 Week 1 (Chargers): Q Nelson vs J Tillery

EastStreet

This one will be interesting. 

They played opposite each other for a couple years at ND. 

Talk about an opportunity to make us feel really good or really bad about passing up on JT.

I'm sure JT will be happier in Cali than Indy, but if he did set his sights on staying in IN, this give him an opportunity to send a message.

I hate when we play teams with former ND players LOL

I think the bigger matchup for the future will be Big Q vs Jeffery Simmons who was just drafted by the Titans. 

I really wanted Simmons to last to the Colts pick, and thought he would. If Tennessee allows him to fully heal up this entire season, he could come back as a force in 2020. 

3 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I think the bigger matchup for the future will be Big Q vs Jeffery Simmons who was just drafted by the Titans. 

I really wanted Simmons to last to the Colts pick, and thought he would. If Tennessee allows him to fully heal up this entire season, he could come back as a force in 2020. 

Or could be damaged goods. ACL injuries are especially hard for linemen 

4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Simmons could be a good matchup, but I’m still more worried about Tillery, I graded him as being better than Simmons, we will see though

6 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

he was a match for Q his last year at ND. 

reports stated they always were competitive. 

not saying Q hasn't improved, or isn't much better than JT, but if anyone knows Q's moves, it's JT.

All Pro NFL lineman vs rookie 

I'm betting on Q.

14 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

This one will be interesting. 

They played opposite each other for a couple years at ND. 

Talk about an opportunity to make us feel really good or really bad about passing up on JT.

I'm sure JT will be happier in Cali than Indy, but if he did set his sights on staying in IN, this give him an opportunity to send a message.

I hate when we play teams with former ND players LOL

Or Big Q will welcome him into the league with a PANCAKE DINNER !