Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justin Houston released. Should we get him?!

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

What are the chiefs thinking. They are even thinking about trading Ford. There defense was already suspect and now they could be losing to pass rushers. Are they in cap space trouble? They think Mahomes can win with out any defense.

I would love to have Ford, he is young and fast. Just needs to watch going off sides :banana:

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

What are the chiefs thinking. They are even thinking about trading Ford. There defense was already suspect and now they could be losing to pass rushers. Are they in cap space trouble? They think Mahomes can win with out any defense.

The Chiefs are thinking they are going to have to sign T. Hill, Sammy Watkins, etc.....  

18 minutes ago, aavmarine said:

Didn't see it, but Bell did put out a tweet about the Chiefs the other day. Maybe they are making cap space to sign him. Kinda like what Jacksonville is doing to sign Nick Foles.

They just signed Hyde though

• Like 1

I wouldn't hate the signing as a small stop gap guy. I don't claim to be an expert on him, but I think he's been a stand-up guy and become a solid veteran presence there?? 

I don't think he would be a Simeon Rice, totally washed up player acquisition for us.

No harm even if the pricetag would seem a little high on a 2 yr deal if I was in charge. A front loaded type deal where you can cut bait if he's done in year two.

5 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

why? The Chiefs are switching to a 4-3, part of the reason they released Houston IMO, we also run a 4-3...

There is also some younger linbackers out their that fit our defense much better ie: Cj Moseley

He would be a DE here, not a LB. 

6 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

I thought Justin Houston was a 3-4 OLB. He wouldn’t fit in our scheme. I know he has ties to Ballard but considering how old he is; i’d be surprised if Ballard signs him no matter how cheap he may be. 

Just because he was an OLB in their defense doesn't automatically mean he couldn't be a DE here