Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miles Boykin would be the perfect compliment to T.Y.

And I think we could snag him early in the 2nd round.

He is a high-character guy, extremely intelligent (ND product), had a great final season in college, and just put up incredible numbers at the combine today.

4.4 speed at 6'4", 220 lbs with outstanding leaping ability (huge catch radius), quickness, and agility.  Led all WRs in the 3-cone drill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

So would D.K. Metcalf.

Both are talented.  I'm a little worried that Metcalf has maxed out his frame.  He's a little stiff when running routes, too.

If you compare Metcalf's last full season to Boykin's, Boykin outproduced him.

I don't know anything about Metcalf's leadership potential, but you see what happened with the locker room when you added ND guys like Farley and Nelson.

All you have to do is watch the current ND roster's reaction to Boykin's performance to understand what he meant to his team last year.

Character and leadership are huge, underrated intangibles when you're approaching locker room construction in the manner Ballard is.

• Like 3

In pads Boykin moves like a TE. IMO
If he can develop really good hands catching balls between the hash, he could be a stud doing what Ebron did for someone. 
 Metcalf ran much more fluid than Boykin. If Metcalf got any kind of arm bump on a DB as he get's to them/by them... oh boy.

46 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

In pads Boykin moves like a TE. IMO
If he can develop really good hands catching balls between the hash, he could be a stud doing what Ebron did for someone. 
 Metcalf ran much more fluid than Boykin. If Metcalf got any kind of arm bump on a DB as he get's to them/by them... oh boy.

That’s what profootball weekly says about him.  That he may be fast but plays like he runs a 4.6 and a move te may be his future 

Maybe with coaching and familiarity with an offense he can play to his full speed. That would be something to see. 

Is there a possibility to get both? Our wr room would be set for a while. Not sure where Boykin is projected to go but maybe in 3rd rd. Would also like to hear thoughts on Devin Bush and where he could be targeted. Geathers is good, but Bush could be a better option for our cover 2, would allow for more of a 4-2-5 look. Bush would be a beast in a rover type postion, Leonard & Walker anchor middle.

8 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Both are talented.  I'm a little worried that Metcalf has maxed out his frame.  He's a little stiff when running routes, too.

If you compare Metcalf's last full season to Boykin's, Boykin outproduced him.

I don't know anything about Metcalf's leadership potential, but you see what happened with the locker room when you added ND guys like Farley and Nelson.

All you have to do is watch the current ND roster's reaction to Boykin's performance to understand what he meant to his team last year.

Character and leadership are huge, underrated intangibles when you're approaching locker room construction in the manner Ballard is.

Good observation regarding Metcalf's frame.  He can always modify that I suppose.  It's been reported he's not a great route runner, which can be learned.  He won't be able to abuse DBs at the NFL level like he did with the college kids.  

The beauty of this draft is that there is ample WR talent, despite the fact that there are no surefire slam dunks.  Someone will be available at the right spot.

• Like 1

Would anyone compare Boykin to say Damaryius Thomas? Big body, wide wingspan with speed to find mismatches on. If its true that he runs superfast out of pads but much slower in game, that will definitely push him into the 3rd or lower. Scouts will know all about him and then some but again, from my limited fan watching scope, I loved everything I seen out of this kid. They will have to determine whether his starting point now, which is pretty solid, has room to get better with professional teaching. Can you fathom a redzone of Ebron and Boykin with the shifty speed of TY and/or Hines and Mack? That would seemingly be a scary line up on paper.