Sign in to follow this  
LJpalmbeacher2

Elway wants QB Drew Lock

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Elway also wanted Baker Mayfield.

I don't think Lock gets to No. 10 (he supposedly will be the 2nd QB taken) and Denver isn't going to trade a future No.1 to 'move up'.

He doesn't want to do that.

If he likes and thinks Lock is his next Franchise QB why wouldn't he trade up and get him?

Personally, I hate Elway amd hope he doesn't get a potential franchise QB. I hope he stays at #10 and drafts another DL.

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If he likes and thinks Lock is his next Franchise QB why wouldn't he trade up and get him?

Because they have other needs and other picks.  They badly need a corner and there are some good ones...….And because the price tp move up might be too high

They like Danny Jones, too..who could be a second rounder.

There are free agent QBs

44 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Because they have other needs and other picks.  They badly need a corner and there are some good ones...….And because the price tp move up might be too high

There are free agent QBs

I think, imo, if a team thinks a draftee is their future franchise QB that would trump other needs. It's easier to fill other needs in FA, trades, and draft than a QB. 

I guess time will tell how much Elway truly wants/feels about Lock.

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

There are free agent QBs

Hey, Elway can gladly give up two 2nd rounders and two third rounders for Daniel Jones (this year and next year) to move to our first round pick if he doesn’t want to part with a future first rounder. :) 

However, I doubt Ballard would do that trade without a future first rounder, plus a 2nd and 3rd of some fashion.

In all likelihood, Elway moves up with the Tampa Bay Bucs, I feel, giving up a second rounder this year and future second possibly.

Jags got burnt with a Big 12 QB in Blaine Gabbert, doubt Coughlin goes for a rookie, very likely Flacco or Foles is a Jaguar in 2019 season.

Just like Chubb fell into Elway’s lap last year, If the Jaguars sign Foles or Flacco, Elway will have his guy Drew Lock without contest.

7 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think, imo, if a team thinks a draftee is their future franchise QB that would trump other needs. It's easier to fill other needs in FA, trades, and draft than a QB. 

I guess time will tell how much Elway truly wants/feels about Lock.

True..and I would not buy into what you read about who likes who at this point.

There may not be a starting QB in this draft.

Its a very good year for cornerbacks and the Broncos need one (or two)

The one they call "Greedy' Williams is someone the new coach would like

Not if we get Drew Lock first!

Andrew Luck pass to Drew Lock TD Indianapolis!

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 6:42 PM, ReMeDy said:

Not if we get Drew Lock first!

Andrew Luck pass to Drew Lock TD Indianapolis!

When you have Luck....its a Lock.:thmup: