Moncrief

Which Team Gives Manning The Best Ride Out In His Career  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team Gives Manning The Best Shot To Win A Super Bowl

• Denver Broncos
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • Miami Dolphins
    • Seattle Seahawks

i think they would be totally "STUPID" to not look into Peyton's interest. The Niners are ready "right now" ...

Exactly. They are set at nearly every position except QB. No knock on Smith, but he is no Peyton. If Peyton joins that team, they become instant favorites in my opinion

A person doesnt work his butt off the way Manning did to be ahead of his healing schedule just to retire

It's not all about hard work and desire. The body is a complicated machine, and can't be healed by effort alone. I'm no doctor, clearly, but I fear he is not coming back......

None of the above in the poll. Can't believe you left out Arizona and Houston!

My #1 pick would be Arizona, but realistically, for Peyton to have a Super Bowl chance, oh, THIS year, the Texans have all the right poeple to get there. Good coaching, fantastic offense, solid defense > if Peyton goes there, he goes to the Super Bowl in 2013!

None of the above in the poll. Can't believe you left out Arizona and Houston!

My #1 pick would be Arizona, but realistically, for Peyton to have a Super Bowl chance, oh, THIS year, the Texans have all the right poeple to get there. Good coaching, fantastic offense, solid defense > if Peyton goes there, he goes to the Super Bowl in 2013!

I doubt he picks and AFC south team. I don't think he wants to face his former team that often.

I doubt he picks and AFC south team. I don't think he wants to face his former team that often.

Why not because most of the guys he played with are going to be gone. Right? I personally think there will be a surprise team jump in today or tomorrow morning. JMO

Why not because most of the guys he played with are going to be gone. Right? I personally think there will be a surprise team jump in today or tomorrow morning. JMO

I agree. How many offers will he get, and is one offer head and shoulders above the others? That and the prospect for success will be more important than some sense of loyalty to the Colts.

Having participated in this thread, I have to say it should be in NFL General. Otherwise, why have an NFL General that is separate from Colts Football?

Miami. SF actually has a contract offer on the table for smith. smith hasnt accepted it yet so i dont think sf is a dark horse. arizona just doesnt gave a good enough o-line but i could see fitz being very persuasive. houston hasnt been mentioned at all as one of the teams contacting manning so they are out. i think it's down to az, denver, kc, and miami. whoever does the best job of making manning feel at home is where he will go. manning's love to play qb in a comfortable environment > his desire to win sb, not saying they are mutually exclusive however.

I think Manning will be blowing "TebowMania" away when he signs with the Broncos.

Oddly enough, I think some of their fans are going to have a similar reaction to cutting Tebow that we did to cutting Manning. Talk about irony (if I'm right)

I agree. How many offers will he get, and is one offer head and shoulders above the others? That and the prospect for success will be more important than some sense of loyalty to the Colts.

Having participated in this thread, I have to say it should be in NFL General. Otherwise, why have an NFL General that is separate from Colts Football?

Well as to loyalty to the Colts I never heard Peyton say anything about being loyal he said he will always be a Colt and in a sense he will be. He wants to play and I hope and pray that he gets to for as long as he can and wants to.

Well as of the NFL General you have to remember that for 14 years Peyton Manning post have been in the Colts and it's a habit ( nice one by the way) and it's also hard for the Mods to keep up with moving the threads. Just be patient and OP will remember when they start a thread where to put it.

Oh for Pete's sake, let the Manning threads stay in the Colts forum. Technicalities be darned. (not directed at mods)

agree lol.

and to add to what i said earlier, there is a mystery team about to jump into the manning sweepstakes. It might be sf, since the deal they gave to smith is not good enough for him apparently, so if sf gets involved, id vote for sf.

agree lol.

and to add to what i said earlier, there is a mystery team about to jump into the manning sweepstakes. It might be sf, since the deal they gave to smith is not good enough for him apparently, so if sf gets involved, id vote for sf.

I think Arizona makes the most sense (this might just be that I still hate the Dolphins from the old AFC East days)

That said, if Marshawn Lynch is still in skittle induced beast mode that would bode well for a guy like Peyton

fortinately for the colts sake he has narrowed his teams down to two. it being denver and arizona. i dont really see him going to denver, as arizona will be pushing hard for him and he has a better chance at another superbowl with the cards also. Manning to fitz will be scary. Fits could have 1500 yards in 2012. ill make sure to pick him up on my fantasy team lol

It seems to me, any team that would not require him to demonstrate adequate throwing ability before signing him and paying him.

Another consideration would be any team that will acquiesce to allowing him to control and run the offense.

Well Frog I would be guess that any team he is interviewing with there will be a contract that would have an out clause or performance phrase because didn't Peyton say something to that effect ? Also he did run the offense but maybe it could be because of the coaching staff he was dealing with. Not sure on that but also any team that is in the run also knows how Peyton does his job so with that said maybe with the right coaching staff he would rather play and leave the coaching to the coach. Who knows but I'm sure all his contenders know exactly who they are trying to entice to come play for them. Again that's just my opinion for what it's worth.

I realize I am not a Mod, but I think it would be appropriate to allow posts about Peyton to stay in the Colts section for a little bit longer. Or maybe we can have a Colts Legends room where threads about the Colts historical past can be made

I agree completely for what it's worth. :thmsup:

Well Frog I would be guess that any team he is interviewing with there will be a contract that would have an out clause or performance phrase because didn't Peyton say something to that effect ? Also he did run the offense but maybe it could be because of the coaching staff he was dealing with. Not sure on that but also any team that is in the run also knows how Peyton does his job so with that said maybe with the right coaching staff he would rather play and leave the coaching to the coach. Who knows but I'm sure all his contenders know exactly who they are trying to entice to come play for them. Again that's just my opinion for what it's worth.

There is always an out for teams with player contracts. That is not what I am questioning. What I am questioning is if the team will have that out prior to becoming obligated to paying him the guaranteed monies or not.

There is always an out for teams with player contracts. That is not what I am questioning. What I am questioning is if the team will have that out prior to becoming obligated to paying him the guaranteed monies or not.

You didn't answer my question wasn't it said that he would consider a performance contract and I believe he will. If he wasn't out to >>> with anyone why did his last contract have that out option written into it at his request? I don't think he is out to >>> anyone even the colts. JMO of course.

You didn't answer my question wasn't it said that he would consider a performance contract and I believe he will. If he wasn't out to >>> with anyone why did his last contract have that out option written into it at his request? I don't think he is out to >>> anyone even the colts. JMO of course.

The last contract he had with the Colts provided him an upfront guaranteed bonus of $20MM. Along with the roster bonus and salary that the Colts paid him for not playing in 2011, he received $26.4MM according to that contract.

Yes indeed, it could have been much worse, if the option bonus structure was not in place, and the $28MM was made part of the original signing bonus. But at the time of signing the original contract, the team (and I think PM also) thought that he would be back playing in the 2011 in relatively short order. That was not the case.

I do not think PM will accept a contract that did not pay him a sufficient amount (I'm guessing from $18-20MM) of guaranteed money upfront.