Moncrief

Which Team Gives Manning The Best Ride Out In His Career  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team Gives Manning The Best Shot To Win A Super Bowl

• Denver Broncos
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • Miami Dolphins
    • Seattle Seahawks

The last contract he had with the Colts provided him an upfront guaranteed bonus of $20MM. Along with the roster bonus and salary that the Colts paid him for not playing in 2011, he received $26.4MM according to that contract.

Yes indeed, it could have been much worse, if the option bonus structure was not in place, and the $28MM was made part of the original signing bonus. But at the time of signing the original contract, the team (and I think PM also) thought that he would be back playing in the 2011 in relatively short order. That was not the case.

I do not think PM will accept a contract that did not pay him a sufficient amount (I'm guessing from $18-20MM) of guaranteed money upfront.

Well I guess I don't agree with him demanding an upfront contract I think he will agree to a performance contract like what was said a couple of weeks or so ago. I guess that's what forums are for to agree or not agree. haha

Well I guess I don't agree with him demanding an upfront contract I think he will agree to a performance contract like what was said a couple of weeks or so ago. I guess that's what forums are for to agree or not agree. haha

Yes, we can diagree. Right now, it is all opinion.

If and when PM signs on with a team, it becomes fact, and we can all look at the terms of that contract to see which of us was right. ;)

I don't think 18-20m guarenteed over 2 years is breaking the bank at all for a guy like Manning. Isn't that very similar to what Warner and Favre were receiving, and neither of which had as much potential as Manning.

I would almost expect 8-10m/yr guarenteed with escalators that could bring it to 20m.

I don't think 18-20m guarenteed over 2 years is breaking the bank at all for a guy like Manning. Isn't that very similar to what Warner and Favre were receiving, and neither of which had as much potential as Manning.

I would almost expect 8-10m/yr guarenteed with escalators that could bring it to 20m.

Yes, I see that too.

What I doubt is if any team will offer these guaranteed upfronts to him without requiring him to work out for them to satisfy them that he can make all the NFL throws at NFL accuracy and NFL velocity and for NFL frequency. It is part of good contractual due diligence practice.

Yes, I see that too.

What I doubt is if any team will offer these guaranteed upfronts to him without requiring him to work out for them to satisfy them that he can make all the NFL throws at NFL accuracy and NFL velocity and for NFL frequency. It is part of good contractual due diligence practice.

Would a failed physical nullify the contract? As far as I'm aware the process is usually sign the contract then pass the physical.

Would a failed physical nullify the contract? As far as I'm aware the process is usually sign the contract then pass the physical.

Yes, that is usually the case when the player in question is healthy.

However, we have a player with uncertain ability to play at the NFL level for his position. Wouldn't good general management require that he work out to demonstrate his ability before spending the effort in negotiating a deal?

I would.

Honestly all the teams he is looking at have risks. None are SB guarantees. If he was headed to a Baltimore or SF we might be able to talk but I also don't blame those teams for not wanting to change too much either.