Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck's preparation by the athletic article

CR91

On most Friday afternoons, NFL facilities resemble a schoolyard on the last day before summer break.

No one sticks around for long.

The work is done, the game plan installed, the final practice complete. Even coaches tend to cut out relatively early because Fridays are perhaps the only day they work hours resembling a regular job.

And, yet, this is when Colts quarterback Andrew Luck gets to work.

https://theathletic.com/757067/2019/01/08/where-in-the-world-is-colts-quarterback-andrew-luck/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Love it, thanks for posting this. He’s got a routine that works and that’s all that matters. I figured he must be putting in extra time to maintain his muscle mass. He’s been jacked all season!

Amazing to think that a lot his preparation tactics are similar to my own in teaching. A lot of things are happening in the background!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That’s why I love him and I freaking adored Peyton Manning. In a world where many if not most athletes act like spoiled children you have guys like these who work so hard honing their craft and getting better, it’s very refreshing to see. I am the first to say athletes are way over paid but guys like luck and manning; if anyone deserves that kind of money they do.  

One thing I cannot stand is after a big game when they will show the losing team on the sideline and you see the guys smiling and laughing like it was no big deal and just a paycheck.  You know luck isnt going to be that guy. He is willing to put in the extra time and effort to make sure he performs his best. He plays for the love of the game and the right reasons, not just because it pays the bills.  

Oh and the thing about Peyton having a copy of the meeting room. That is something I never knew but it doesn’t surprise me. I don’t think I can think of anyone ever to play the game that loves it as much as Peyton and who was as cerebral as he was. He didn’t have the most athleticism but man that guy is a football savant. I remember hearing stories about him getting to the games early just to talk to the maintenance people and equipment managers lol. 

I am so proud that the colts have had guys like Peyton and luck represent Indiana and the horseshoe and I hope all of lucks preparation pays off this weekend and we beat the chiefs. GO COLTs!!!!!!!

• Like 1

No big deal really. I too have a weekly routine, culminating on a Sunday lunchtime. I live in a small medieval market town in South France, and every Sunday at 12.05 the church bells toll. That is my 10 minute warning to get ready to go the local bar/cafe for the traditional  Sunday liquid lunch. Like clockwork. It's what professionals do......

The best 2 things that ever happened to Luck we're his injury and Reich.  Before this season I knew he was good but didn't know if he'd ever be great. 

After watching this season...  Everyone better lookout we might be looking at the best to ever play.  He has everything you want in a QB.  He plays the game and enjoys it like Farve (has his magic too).  Is clutch and determined like Brady. And now he prepares and approaches the game like the previous greatest Manning. 

Oh boy I can't wait. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Nadine said:

It's a copyright infringement to paste an entire article here. I've shortened it to an excerpt and added a link

If you have a link without a paywall, post it here

Sorry Nadine. The link doesn't work unless you have the app which is why I copied it instead. I did give them credit in the thread title though.

20 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Sorry Nadine. The link doesn't work unless you have the app which is why I copied it instead. I did give them credit in the thread title though.

Appreciate that.  I went out and found the link for the website.

People can choose to create a temporary free account.

We just cannot have full articles from other sites here.  They deserve the traffic

• Like 2