Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The curse of being "the new media darling "

HOF19

A  few weeks ago the Chiefs where "The Darlings " or "Team you don't want to play " Next game they lost. Then the Giants beat the Bears …….. Patriots start to lose...…. Then its "Watch out for Seattle " ….They lose. Everybody talking "Dynamo Cowboys "...…… Then I see NFL Network guys JUST THREE DAYS AGO putting Chargers and Super bowl in same sentence...…… Now its 'Oh what an offense the Saints have !"......So they will stink tomorrow ……. you DO NOT want to be the team everybody says is playing well...….IT IS THE KISS OF DEATH IN THIS 2018 NFL SEASON !!!!!

• Like 2

Just now, HOF19 said:

A  few weeks ago the Chiefs where "The Darlings " or "Team you don't want to play " Next game they lost. Then the Giants beat the Bears …….. Patriots start to lose...…. Then its "Watch out for Seattle " ….They lose. Everybody talking "Dynamo Cowboys "...…… Then I see NFL Network guys JUST THREE DAYS AGO putting Chargers and Super bowl in same sentence...…… Now its 'Oh what an offense the Saints have !"......So they will stink tomorrow ……. you DO NOT want to be the team everybody says is playing well...….IT IS THE KISS OF DEATH IN THIS 2018 NFL SEASON !!!!!

What games have you been watching regarding the Saints? In the last 3 games, they have scored 10 points, 28 points, and 12 points. No one is stating that about the Saints NOW. They were, 4 weeks ago. Now, they just talk about the Saints being a more complete team with their D coming around the last few weeks and during December, I'd be more confident on a rounded team that can win low scoring games, which the Saints have done 2 out of those 3 last games.

34 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

In light of that potentially costly bedcrapping at Jacksonville the other week... hopefully part of Frank Reich’s “1-0 this week” approach is to remind this exciting but young team to ignore those whiskey-soaked balconeers in the sports media. 

Ha! Well said. Yes the Colts are the flavor of the week but I don’t think the coaches will let these young guys lose perspective. Reich’s one game at a time philosophy keeps things grounded. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HOF19 said:

Exactly, thank you, I knew the Chargers would lose last night because everybody was saying they were the best team in the AFC. The worst thing to be called is the best team because players hear that and they begin to believe it and that's not good there's no give me's in the league teams are too good. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HOF19 said:

image.png.95b87183b72bfe3e33b74162e28631b1.png We have'nt cared about the media around here before its only the kiss of death if the Colts players believe the hype IMHO Eberflus has the D playing pretty good hopefully they shut down Barkley & Reich has 12 ready I believe in Mack & Luck & Ebron & Hilton its time to show New York our mid west hospitality Thank You for coming sorry about your loss come back any time .:hat: