Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is The New Regime Trigger Happy Or Do They Flat Out Want To Just Totally Revamp?

chad72

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it humorous that Irsay flipped out when Manning made the comment that "everyone is walking around on egg shells" as if Manning was exaggerating. Look what happened.....darn near EVERYONE, from top to bottom, lost their jobs.

"Peyton spreads plenty of eggs shells with his competitive desire to win"......WHAT? Dude ....Irsay.....shut up, that makes no sense.

Clark had a terrible thumb injury and a terrible wrist injury. He was already a terrible blocker. Maybe the injuries have degraded his ability to the point he may need to retire. We will see how the season plays out and if a team will offer a big contract. All the cuts were good cuts.

LOL!

I forget sometimes that none of the other 31 teams in the league cut aging veterens not expected to play up to their contracts.

Query. What is it about the Patriots, Packers, and Saints that FAs want to play for them? Before answering, remember what happened last week. Then ask yourself these 2 questions:

1. Would you truly want to play for a team that did what it did last week, knowing you are only an aquired FA and not a drafted player?

2. What kind of money would you require to take that kind of chance.

If you answer truthfully, you will see why I say what I say. Also look at history of other franchises and see what they went through (i.e. Lions, Rams, Bucs and others)

LOL!

I forget sometimes that none of the other 31 teams in the league cut aging veterens not expected to play up to their contracts.

There have been instances where the Pats have cut players who were just past their prime. None of the players cut by the Colts thus far are in their prime. Not sure why this is an issue, other than the need to vent at someone.

Query. What is it about the Patriots, Packers, and Saints that FAs want to play for them? Before answering, remember what happened last week. Then ask yourself these 2 questions:

1. Would you truly want to play for a team that did what it did last week, knowing you are only an aquired FA and not a drafted player?

If you answer truthfully, you will see why I say what I say. Also look at history of other franchises and see what they went through (i.e. Lions, Rams, Bucs and others)

What did the Colts do last week?

Gutting the team. I agree some needed to be done and was expected others will hurt the team.

They didn't gut the team. You're being overly dramatic.

They released Manning, which sucks, and hurts, and will be hard to get over. But they did so for a well-intentioned reason. Only time will tell whether they did the right thing or not, but in the present, it's hard to argue for paying a currently less than 100% player $28 million. I can't convince anyone that they did the right thing, as I myself am torn. But I understand the decision, and I can get behind it.

As for the other players, you agree that some of those moves were necessary. I'm curious which ones you think were ill-fated, and why. And if you don't think any of them were problematic, then what's the issue? We're back to Manning.

Think about this: Based on the numbers as they currently stand, we'll have over $60 million in cap space in 2013. That's pending new contracts and roster moves, but we should be one of the front-runners for quality free agents in 2013. Plus, we didn't pay $28 million to a quarterback that may or may not be able to perform at a high level, so we'll have money to spend in bonuses. The business aspect of these decisions is sound. Whether it translates into success in the future or not remains to be seen, but that depends more on what they do now than what they've already done.

Gutting the team. I agree some needed to be done and was expected others will hurt the team.

I don't see it as gutting the team.

I see it as pruning the dead weight off the team.

Gutting the team would require the team to allow the dead weight to consume more of the cap then they should, to the point that the team implodes.

do you not pay attention to the nfl?

True. It would also about being a short term fit. Clark is not going to forget catching balls and might be willing to go to the Giants, who need that pass catching TE, who knows, for a short term deal :)???

Clark also due to lockout he had less time for practice with fixed hand, also with Rookie LT he was asked to do different things, it wasn't just run a route and catch, it was from day 1 for example hit mario wiliams on that OLB blitz and run & catch , In each game he was asked to block more while running routes, I am sure that threw off rhythm