Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alshon Jeffery Vs Nick Toon Vs Joe Adams

Jeffery is the most talented of the 3, he was considered the 2nd best WR in this draft and a top 10 pick, but laziness and bad QB play really hurt his stock. It will be interesting to see what he does on his pro day.

Jeffery is the most talented of the 3, he was considered the 2nd best WR in this draft and a top 10 pick, but laziness and bad QB play really hurt his stock. It will be interesting to see what he does on his pro day.

I'm wondering what he'll actually weigh when playing a game, cause let's be honest here he only cut down to 216lbs to run faster haha

I was wondering if anyone has any found any recent pictures or videos of Alshon, did he actually get back in shape? I heard he has but I can't seem to find any pictures or videos to verify that lol. Also, does anyone know when his pro day is?

march 28

I was wondering if anyone has any found any recent pictures or videos of Alshon, did he actually get back in shape? I heard he has but I can't seem to find any pictures or videos to verify that lol. Also, does anyone know when his pro day is?

I think he did weigh in at 216. If he really did and can run a 4.5 40 he would be a tremendous pick at 34 if he's committed to working hard.

I think he did weigh in at 216. If he really did and can run a 4.5 40 he would be a tremendous pick at 34 if he's committed to working hard.

Great word, he definitely has to be committed. I was just reading this article about Andrew Luck beginning intense preparation (see article below). I think Alshon has had his stock fall to round 2, no one seems to be talking about him. Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, Sanu and Hill seem to have all taken center stage over him. Maybe even others. With Luck most likely coming to the Colts if they do proceed to find a young WR for him to develop chemistry with, he must have a great work ethic. Last thing we need are slackers on this team.

march 28

Luck Article:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story?id=7660264&_slug_=andrew-luck-help-indianapolis-colts-great-success-wait-nfl&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fstory%3fid%3d7660264%26_slug_%3dandrew-luck-help-indianapolis-colts-great-success-wait-nfl

Ashlon is deffinately too slow. Look at the tape again. He gets zero Seperation. He is so slow that Jenkins wrongly undercut a route and still caught up to Jeffrey's before the ball got to him. There was a td where Boykin was stuck to him for 60 friggin yards.

Only reason he had a td is because he is tall. This has mike Williams, Dwayne jerret written all over it. No draft for me, definitely not.

You have to seperate in this league

I mean comom guys. He had what 80yrds against Florida? Bust if drafted guaranteed.

....I'm guessing you forgot how good Florida's DBs in 2010 were. Joe Haden + Janoris Jenkins = best DB combo in college that year by lightyears haha, While I do agree his acceleration isn't that great, he does have some good top end speed. The fact he got 80 yards against Florida is impressive with them having Jenkins and Haden in the secondary that year.

Yeah he does have bust written all over him, however the guy does have that unparalleled leaping ability. If the football is thrown well, he could out leap double teams. He has great hands and has a great leap. I'm worried about his separation (as you said) and his speed out of the gate.

Personally my favorite receiver besides Blackmon in this draft is Mohamed Sanu. He has all the makings of a #1 receiver in the NFL. Good size at 6'2" 215lbs and had 115 catches for over 1200 yards last year at Rutgers. I've hear a lot of great things about him. I'd love him to wear the horse shoe on his helmet.

Personally my favorite receiver besides Blackmon in this draft is Mohamed Sanu. He has all the makings of a #1 receiver in the NFL. Good size at 6'2" 215lbs and had 115 catches for over 1200 yards last year at Rutgers. I've hear a lot of great things about him. I'd love him to wear the horse shoe on his helmet.

Same here...except I'd probably slip Floyd in there instead of Blackmon, but that's just me. If we go WR in the second, I'd prefer it to be Sanu.

Just going off these guys though, It would be Jeffery and Toon close at the top with a small drop off to Joe Adams. I know this will seem like I'm just fishing for stuff to bash Alshon with, but I have to wonder if he brought his weight down and really worked on his 40 just for the better payday or to silence the critics. Although with the new rookie cap, the former doesn't seem likely.

I like Toon a lot and would like to grab either him, Jenkins, or Givens if we go receiver in the third.

I think If Stephen Hill is gone @ 34 we go Defense....and Givens, or Adams or even Toon might be thier with our 3rd pick.

Chris Givens or Joe will be tremendous value in the 3rd.

This 2nd round pick is gonna be one of the hardest decisions if Cox and Hill are gone.

If they are gone, I think there are 1st round grade LB that can step in alongside Angerer Hughes and Conner.

I dont think Freeney and Mathis are going to be standing up.

Man, Drafting must be tough as heck...haha.

Once again, I reiterate, watch the Joe Adams videos and the Chris Givens....Look at Givens numbers and tell me you would take Alshon over those 2. Joe Adams runs a heck of a lot faster than 4.5 I can tell you that. And he is easily one of the most agile athletes i've seen in college. Kinda like Dante Hall.

i dont want jeffery im all for nick toon and joe adams..i like both but i think aj jenkins is nice also and we could grab him with our 3rd

luck

brandon thompson

jenkins

looks good to me.

heck even luck - gilmore - jenkins would be a solid 3 guys to draft.

I like Alshon then Toon then Adams. I agree Alshon could be a bust, but will be a good redzone guy at least. I like Toon's upside and I like Adams' speed and agility. But I do not like his hands.. Body catches too much and that leads to drops. I like how Alshon and reach out and grab a ball. I like his hands the best of this group. I do worry about his speed and how he has horrible accel. But I still like him the best of these 3. I receiver has to have hands IMO.

Yeah, Joe Adams career stats are deplorable compared to the other 5 players I've highlighted, but he would be kinda like a brandon lloyd without the hands, dante hall without the top end speed hybrid, which would make an excellent slot receiver.

Luck had a 4.30 flat guy to throw too, and I think we should look at a speed guy, and if Wayne and Garcon leaves...Garcon being out only top speed receiver we might be missing that 20+ yards catch that might make the difference between us loosing and winning games.

That's why I like Stephen Hill @ 34 and if he is gone we can get a WR in the 3rd like Toon, Givens or Adams, who might fall to the 4th round.