Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Saturday Sticking Around For A Year - Does It Help Luck Or Not?

chad72

For a rookie to get his feet wet behind center, it is always nice to have a veteran center that has been there, seen everything and done that, IMO.

I feel it might be an advantage for the Colts to at least re-sign Jeff Saturday for a year or two to help Luck, more than anyone else.

Thoughts???

Couldn't agree more. I think Saturday might be more important than any WR or TE security blanket. Satruday has been calling out line coverages for how many years? Yes, I think having Saturday aroundd would be huge for Luck, but I really don't see it happening.

It would help overall for the most part unless a draft pick was used early on, or a younger free agent was brought in.

Face value he would help any young QB just from a schematic and conceptual basis of running a huddle/calling protections/understanding blitz picks and such.

Whether he wants anything to do with that is a question for Jeff. If 18 ends up with a team that could use a veteran center, he might following him as well.

It would help on the field with Luck getting acclimated and would be especially helpful in the locker room.

A rebuild such as the one we are undertaking should also include retaining some key veteran leaders.... and Jeff Saturday is absolutely one of them.

I think it's very helpful for Luck. Luck's style is very much like Peyton in that he reads defenses well and is very cerebral. Having Saturday out there to help with protection calls and pointing out blitzers will help take some of the pressure off of Luck. Even Peyton had Marshall Faulk to lean on when he came into the league

For a rookie to get his feet wet behind center, it is always nice to have a veteran center that has been there, seen everything and done that, IMO.

I feel it might be an advantage for the Colts to at least re-sign Jeff Saturday for a year or two to help Luck, more than anyone else.

Thoughts???

Why on Earth would Jeff Saturday want to come back if Peyton Manning doesn't come back?