Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Empty Stadium Seats

Alex22

On 10/2/2018 at 6:48 AM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I'd like to go to a game. But my wife and I were looking into the Jets vs Colts game.. which is looking like a battle between a couple 1 win teams. And people are right, the prices are outrageous.. I could easily go out and buy a nice 50 inch tv and have the perfect seat and view from home. 

This is the biggest reason.  TV profits have soared and for whatever reason, the NFL thinks that tickets should keep pace with the rising profits they receive from broadcasting.  Like uhh, it's free on TV if you watch via over the air broadcasting.  You could get nosebleed seats for $30-40 a pop, but throw in parking and concessions.  2 people can very quickly rack up a hundred bucks.  For the average family, that's affordable, but expensive enough you've got to plan for it.

$200/mo cable bill or a $100 plus day to watch live from the cheapest seats when you can get it for free or under $20 if you go to a bar for the MNF/TNF games?  It's clear what casual fan will do, which is counterproductive to the fact that the NFL spent the better part of the 90s and 2000s trying to reach thta demographic.

On 10/2/2018 at 7:42 AM, Gramz said:

We don't go to as many games as we used to, but still try to make it over for at least  2 a year.  We usually just make a weekend out of it.   I understand what many are saying about the expense, but that is true with many forms of entertainment or livelihood.     Concert prices are crazy $$ nowadays too..   

For me........Nothing beats being at the game.  

indy.thumb.jpg.a1a61d21b2909ebbcd0c7ecbf14d4620.jpg

Not if you listen to heavy metal \m/

lol.  I went to a slipknot concert which at the time was the most expensive (or near it) ticket in the industry outside of Metallica - $40 in 2010.  You find some of the lesser known bands and you can pay extra for a pre-show meet and greet and walk away having paid only $25.

10 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Not if you listen to heavy metal \m/

lol.  I went to a slipknot concert which at the time was the most expensive (or near it) ticket in the industry outside of Metallica - $40 in 2010.  You find some of the lesser known bands and you can pay extra for a pre-show meet and greet and walk away having paid only $25.

How are you my friend?  

Lol I don't listen to heavy metal, so I'll take your word for it.  

I don't mind the prices, if it's something I really enjoy.  And I enjoy being at LOS for games...  Also should I mention I have some VIP passes to see Sir Paul next year.

Details later.   

29 minutes ago, Gramz said:

How are you my friend?  

I am good!  Two kids are testing my sanity like a mad scientist.

31 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Lol I don't listen to heavy metal,

You should.  You're missing out.  I remember I got my wife into it, and she'd be driving around in her cutesy outfits and hair down for work and people would look at her funny.  It's kinda cute really...but that's just me.

32 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I don't mind the prices, if it's something I really enjoy.  And I enjoy being at LOS for games...  Also should I mention I have some VIP passes to see Sir Paul next year.

Details later. 

Which is why I still find a way to make it to a Colts game if the timing and pricing is right.  I don't generally care about buying the cheap seats, especially from scalpers.  Better those seats than watching up close honestly.  

7 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I am good!  Two kids are testing my sanity like a mad scientist.

You should.  You're missing out.  I remember I got my wife into it, and she'd be driving around in her cutesy outfits and hair down for work and people would look at her funny.  It's kinda cute really...but that's just me.

Which is why I still find a way to make it to a Colts game if the timing and pricing is right.  I don't generally care about buying the cheap seats, especially from scalpers.  Better those seats than watching up close honestly.  

Lol on the kids.

The last 2 games we've gone to, had the same seats, section 129. My seat on the aisle next to the tunnel 4 or 5 rows up from the field.. I love that section.

Tickets are actually relatively cheap...and have been for the past few years. The resell market is not very good for the Colts. Once this loses a couple more games, you will be able to the cheap seats for <$20. 

But outside of taking in an NFL game, it doesn’t have the same feel. So it’s a trade off.

i think the biggest issue is the cost of everything else...food, beers and parking.

Having to buy a ticket for an infant is the sole reason I haven't attended games the past few years.  

It's always a good time and the upper deck seats are affordable.  

I live up in Bears country. Their ticket prices are ridiculous. 

18 minutes ago, King Colt said:

By what standard?

APA and even MLA allows for it (suggests one space but leaves it to instructor direction).  It's only the AP standard that says one space after period.  Also according to all, APA, MLA and AP there is a single space after a comma.

Well there will be 3 more seats filled on the 21st when we are over from Scotland for the game. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised at the ticket prices for the games (we paid $38 for the Jets v Colts tickets for the 14th) and we are hoping to take in a Pacers NBA game in Indy when we are there as well. The tickets for that were from about $24.

The one that got me was when I realised we could go to see the Rangers Ice Hockey at MSG when we are in New York next week and the cheapest ticket was $129, so need less to say we are giving that a miss.

How can they charge so much for that when the other sports NFL/NBA are much more reasonable.

To give a comparison to UK sports, an average ticket for a Rangers or Celtic game in Scotland would be £35, but in London, you could pay £90 to see Chelsea or Arsenal.

I suppose it is all about supply and demand.

As you may have guessed we are so excited about coming over for these games and hopefully getting to see 2 Colts victories.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:51 AM, deedub75 said:

If the stadium didn’t have a roof, there would be even fewer fans at the games. 

And it should stay closed based on those awful shadows from the game last Sunday. Looked terrible on tv and I'm sure even worse for the players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kcccolts said:

Well there will be 3 more seats filled on the 21st when we are over from Scotland for the game. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised at the ticket prices for the games (we paid $38 for the Jets v Colts tickets for the 14th) and we are hoping to take in a Pacers NBA game in Indy when we are there as well. The tickets for that were from about $24.

The one that got me was when I realised we could go to see the Rangers Ice Hockey at MSG when we are in New York next week and the cheapest ticket was $129, so need less to say we are giving that a miss.

How can they charge so much for that when the other sports NFL/NBA are much more reasonable.

To give a comparison to UK sports, an average ticket for a Rangers or Celtic game in Scotland would be £35, but in London, you could pay £90 to see Chelsea or Arsenal.

I suppose it is all about supply and demand.

As you may have guessed we are so excited about coming over for these games and hopefully getting to see 2 Colts victories.

New York I imagine probably is the highest priced tickets for anything I would imagine. What 12 million people vying for a few thousand tickets. NHL typically is played in smaller arenas too...so that sport probably has fewer tickets and fewer good seats to watch. Good thing about LOS and Banker's Life Fieldhouse...even bad seats are better than other stadiums. Even nosebleed are generally still watchable.

3 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

APA and even MLA allows for it (suggests one space but leaves it to instructor direction).  It's only the AP standard that says one space after period.  Also according to all, APA, MLA and AP there is a single space after a comma.

Odd that it does not appear anywhere. I spent decades getting paid to read and sign off on professional/technical documents.

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

New York I imagine probably is the highest priced tickets for anything I would imagine. What 12 million people vying for a few thousand tickets. NHL typically is played in smaller arenas too...so that sport probably has fewer tickets and fewer good seats to watch. Good thing about LOS and Banker's Life Fieldhouse...even bad seats are better than other stadiums. Even nosebleed are generally still watchable.

We are in section 302 at metlife, any idea what the view is like from there?