Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 NFL Waiver Wire/Player Cuts Tracker Thread

LucasOilStadium

7 hours ago, krunk said:

I think Bronson Kafusi is worth a look. Was a very productive sack man at BUT. He's long and quick. Just didn't quite fit the Ravens scheme. Had a pretty good preseason. He's really a 4-3 DE.

I agree. He's probably too small/thin to be 3-4DE, too big for 3-4 OLB. 6'6, 285 and had great 3-cone and short shuttle times, not every guy with that profile has enough strength to hold up in the interior but he could work against tackles in space. Dude did turn 27 though.

1 hour ago, Finball said:

I agree. He's probably too small/thin to be 3-4DE, too big for 3-4 OLB. 6'6, 285 and had great 3-cone and short shuttle times, not every guy with that profile has enough strength to hold up in the interior but he could work against tackles in space. Dude did turn 27 though.

Yeah he's a young 27. I do the PS if nothing else.

1 minute ago, Cynjin said:

I'm somewhat surprised by the Raiders cutting Martavis Bryant considering they traded a 3rd round pick for him.

I think that a lot of comes his personal/penalty issues some of which came out after the trade

The other possibility is that RM and JG thought they could change him

On 9/1/2018 at 8:40 AM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Sorry @NFLfan, I'm hoping we can steal Chad Beebe from the Vikes (if they do waive him), then stash him on our Practice Squad after a week on the 53 man roster. He could be a great Wes Welker type guy for us down the road.

To me, this is where I will determine the Pro Personnel departments strengths/abilities.  Helping Ballard claim some better talent than we currently have for depth. We have a good claim position, let's work it.

Beebe went unclaimed. We signed him to our practice squad. One of the guys I thought we would lose, Ifeadi Odenigbo (DL), was claimed by Cleveland, first team to make waiver claims. 

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Beebe went unclaimed. We signed him to our practice squad. One of the guys I thought we would lose, Ifeadi Odenigbo (DL), was claimed by Cleveland, first team to make waiver claims. 

Well, you keep Beebe anyway.  I thought we would put in a claim for both.  Since the Browns got him, I'll never know if we even put in a claim for Ifeadi Odenigbo. I feel we probably did, possibly the G-men too.  Oh well. I would have been tempted to put Beebe on the 53 man for 1 week, then slide him to the PS.  Since he is on your PS, there's a slim possibility Ballard could still take him but then Beebe has to stay on the 53 man for 3 weeks (or get 3 paychecks minimum, even if released early).  But we have who we have, and these youngsters need reps/development. So that's what we do this year, and draft some more next year.

BTW, with the Bears beefing up their D more, Trubisky finally not a rookie, and Nagy installing new scheme/culture, your division is more difficult.  If the Lions get a real running game for Stafford, that division looks nearly as tough as the AFC South appears to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

If the Lions get a real running game for Stafford, that division looks nearly as tough as the AFC South appears to me.

I thought it was a tough division even without Mack. I believe the Bears may be harder to beat than Detroit, although I like Stafford a lot. 

As for waiver wire claims, the Vikes picked up someone I don't know much about. His name is Cole Hikutini, a tight end that was waived by the 49ers. Interestingly, we play the 49ers Week 1. Seems like a Belichickian move.