Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 NFL Waiver Wire/Player Cuts Tracker Thread

LucasOilStadium

Hi, Colts Nation! :default_20smile:   2018 NFL Preseason is officially done and completed, so now the Colts and the other 31 NFL teams decide who the players are that will fill the final 53-man regular season roster.

Player transactions abound starting tomarrow morning until the NFL mandated 4:00 P.M.  Eastern Standard Time deadline on September 1. 

http://www.nfl.com/transactions

• Like 1

I expect up to 7-8 more trades before then, and that the Colts could possibly replace up to 5 players with waiver wire pickups...  IF... then Pro player department has done their homework on likely player releases and have supplied draft and pre-season tape to Ballard and Reich for review to convince them they are more valuable than the guys already on the roster that they have invested in all summer.

Transactions:

Jets waived/released LB Kevin Minter WR Charles Johnson, OT Antonio Garcia, DL Kendall Reyes, C Gino Gradkowski, DL Xavier Cooper, OLB David Bass, DL Mychealon Thomas, FB Dimitri Flowers, OLB Obum Gwacham, and OG Darius James.

Transactions:

Cardinals waived CB Christian Campbell.

Texans waived K Nick Rose TE Stephen Anderson S Treston DeCoud, OG Anthony Coyle, RB Terry Swanson, NT Kinglsey Opara, and CB Andre Chachere

Texans release Safety Corey Moore also

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I expect up to 7-8 more trades before then, and that the Colts could possibly replace up to 5 players with waiver wire pickups...  IF... then Pro player department has done their homework on likely player releases and have supplied draft and pre-season tape to Ballard and Reich for review to convince them they are more valuable than the guys already on the roster that they have invested in all summer.

I wish the Vikes would trade some of their assets rather than cut them. They are not going to be able to keep all the DL men and DBs they value. We have a few that I hope to keep but we may have no room for them like Stephen Weatherly, Ifeadi Onegdibo (spelling?), Tashawn Bower, Holton Hill, and some of our WRs like former NFL WR Don Beebe's son.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I wish the Vikes would trade some of their assets rather than cut them. They are not going to be able to keep all the DL men and DBs they value. We have a few that I hope to keep but we may have no room for them like Stephen Weatherly, Ifeadi Onegdibo (spelling?), Tashawn Bower, Holton Hill, and some of our WRs like former NFL WR Don Beebe's son.

Jacoby for... Hunter... who says no? :P

40 minutes ago, stitches said:

Jacoby for... Hunter... who says no? :P

I'll take Luck for Hunter. :D

Seriously, what do you think of our bubble guys? I love Weatherly and would hate to lose him. I like Onegdibo too. I know you liked Holton Hill. And RB Roc Thomas.

I read that we are shopping CB Mackenzie Alexander, 3rd year guy. 

51 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

With our high position in the waiver claim order, I was hoping to snag more than a couple players released by your Vikings. Without even having to trade.  But that works too...  :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Seriously, what do you think of our bubble guys? I love Weatherly and would hate to lose him. I like Onegdibo too. I know you liked Holton Hill. And RB Roc Thomas.

Who has the inside track for Backup QB Siemian or Sloter

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't know them enough to give informed opinion. I liked Holton Hill a lot in the draft... how has he been? Roc Thomas could be a RB claim for some RB deprived team 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Who has the inside track for Backup QB Siemian or Sloter

I hope it is Sloter. Love the kid.  Siemian has been awful. I think we can cut him and sign someone else or go with just Cousins and Sloter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

I don't know them enough to give informed opinion. I liked Holton Hill a lot in the draft... how has he been? Roc Thomas could be a RB claim for some RB deprived team 

Hill has looked pretty good but not as good as the veterans. He gave up a few big plays in preseason but that is expected. I think Zimmer likes him. Yesterday he returned punts and those on the game thread said he looked good. (I don't get all the Vikings games where I am.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Wouldn't mind Jo Jo at KR and PR if he cleaned some of the late ball handling issues up he had.  Kid is lightning in a bottle.  I think Quan Bray got cut as well. Wouldn't even mind having Quan back on KR and PR.

Q. Bray was released today as part of the Texan cuts.