Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Delaire

Colt Overseas

On 8/25/2018 at 7:30 PM, Grind Hard said:

I like what im seeing from him, Heard his 1st start in the NFL went for 3 sacks on Jameis Winston completely wrecking the game and a Win. 

HOPE HE MAKES THE TEAM!!!

He got 2 sacks and 5 tackles in the game. 

The problem is, since that game on Oct 04, 2015 he has played in 15 games and in those 15 games he got 1.5 sacks, 9 tackles and 4 asst.

Not saying, he's no good.  I know he has had issues with injuries but the minimum production after that first games shows me he is predictable with his pass rush moves and once a team has some film on him they counter him pretty easily.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

He got 2 sacks and 5 tackles in the game. 

The problem is, since that game on Oct 04, 2015 he has played in 15 games and in those 15 games he got 1.5 sacks, 9 tackles and 4 asst.

Not saying, he's no good.  I know he has had issues with injuries but the minimum production after that first games shows me he is predictable with his pass rush moves and once a team has some film on him they counter him pretty easily.

Well hopefully he has corrected those flaws and Robert helps him with some counters because he definitely has some dance moves 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

What a difference a month can make.

I was like, what is the deal with this thread.  Who the heck is Delaire?  It's kinda like that guy who was calling the naysayers bad judges of talent who didn't watch the film for that RB that the Colts signed from Tennessee and was cut within a week.  

If you dont' know the guys name, or he has never done anything of note, chances are, he'll be gone the second we want to investigate another guy who hasn't done anything of note.

5 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I was like, what is the deal with this thread.  Who the heck is Delaire?  It's kinda like that guy who was calling the naysayers bad judges of talent who didn't watch the film for that RB that the Colts signed from Tennessee and was cut within a week.  

If you dont' know the guys name, or he has never done anything of note, chances are, he'll be gone the second we want to investigate another guy who hasn't done anything of note.

This was the reason I decided to revisit this thread...

3 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

What a difference a month can make.

Yeah, but Basham is still here because he was drafted by Ballard, I just don't see any other reason at this point. Hope Turay provides a spark.

I would have liked to have seen what Delaire could bring to the table as opposed to Basham but they felt they could coach up Basham more, I guess???

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, but Basham is still here because he was drafted by Ballard, I just don't see any other reason at this point. Hope Turay provides a spark.

I would have liked to have seen what Delaire could bring to the table as opposed to Basham but they felt they could coach up Basham more, I guess???

It’s possible that’s what they’re thinking. Delaire has hit his ceiling, but Basham still has some room to grow.

There is still more time for evaluation, and I like him but as it stands right now I haven't seen the advantages of letting go of Delaire or for that matter John Simon to replace them with Al Quadin Muhammad. I'm not down on him but I haven't seen the explosiveness I thought I'd see. I will give it more time though.

58 minutes ago, krunk said:

There is still more time for evaluation, and I like him but as it stands right now I haven't seen the advantages of letting go of Delaire or for that matter John Simon to replace them with Al Quadin Muhammad. I'm not down on him but I haven't seen the explosiveness I thought I'd see. I will give it more time though.

I think Mohammad is an Eberflus guy and Basham is a Ballard guy.