Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018-2019 NCAA Basketball thread

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Virginia could not lose again in the first round. It was Virginia that was defeated by the 16th seed last year. Right?

Yup it was lol. Was due to happen eventually I guess to somebody. 

BTW Reid Travis from Stanford has been awesome for my Cats this year. Hell of a player and leader.

• Like 2

There has been some big upsets and some really good games. The best may have been the University of Central Florida -- Duke game. UCF missed two shots in the final seconds that would have given them a 1 point win. Instead they miss the Sweet Sixteen, losing by one point, 77-76. Great game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

There has been some big upsets and some really good games. The best may have been the University of Central Florida -- Duke game. UCF missed two shots in the last seconds that would have given them a 1 point win. Instead they miss the Sweet Sixteen, losing by one point, 77-76. Great game. 

Best college game this year. That was fun to watch :thmup:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Best college game this year. That was fun to watch :thmup:

This is the first year that I did not even look at a bracket. I see that Kansas and Villanova lost. Syracuse also lost. 

Glad I watched that UCF -Duke game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

There has been some big upsets and some really good games. The best may have been the University of Central Florida -- Duke game. UCF missed two shots in the final seconds that would have given them a 1 point win. Instead they miss the Sweet Sixteen, losing by one point, 77-76. Great game. 

It was so close to being a great upset.    UCF place well and should be proud.   Nearly had the biggest upset in the tourney.     

• Like 2

On 3/24/2019 at 8:29 PM, NFLfan said:

I still can't believe the last 2 shots missed. Duke had some New England patriots luck right there.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2019 at 6:10 PM, PrincetonTiger said:

I am so “invested” in the Women’s Tournament that I was dyed very little of the Men’s Tournament 

Go ND

Do you watch the women's NIT too?

I can't believe such a thing exists, but it does.   It's even 64 teams.   

Jokingly a co-worker and I filled one out a couple years ago and put $5 on it.   

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Do you watch the women's NIT too?

I can't believe such a thing exists, but it does.   It's even 64 teams.   

Jokingly a co-worker and I filled one out a couple years ago and put $5 on it.   

I haven’t watched it this year but followed it last year because of IU and Tyra Buss(Her hometown is about 11 miles from Princeton and MCHS is/was a fellow member of the Big 8 with Princeton Community)

The one reason I watch the Women’s Tournament is ND and Jackie Young

Jackie is a fellow Tiger 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Purdue is going to the Elite 8 yes yes yes GIF

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Amazing what this team has done after losing 4 seniors, unbelievable!!!!

IMG_0642.GIF.96bdfb7f96ca5fa7dfe3d44cc40ad80a.GIF

I AM SUPER STOKED!!! Great day for my teams the Cubbies and Boilers!!!!

• Thanks 1

Nice to see North Carolina lose.

Nice to see Purdue win.

I don't think Michigan State will beat Duke.   Michigan State doesn't play any inside game on offense.   They look like a MAC team throwing up lots of 3 pointers.  If they hit, they could win, but I can't rely on that.  

I have Duke on my bracket, but am very bummed they won 2 close games.

• Like 1

Entire Purdue team has to go and watch the fundamentals of boxing out, what a wasted effort on the part of Edwards. Like when Kansas beat Steph Curry and Davidson while he had most points in NCAA then, I think Virginia wins it all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

Entire Purdue team has to go and watch the fundamentals of boxing out, what a wasted effort on the part of Edwards. Like when Kansas beat Steph Curry and Davidson while he had most points in NCAA then, I think Virginia wins it all.

That was driving me crazy. They knew what Virginia was about too, made no sense. And once again some “interesting” calls by the officials.  Carson Edwards will be gone after this I believe, but I saw some good things from our freshman, so there’s that:goodluck: Haarms still needs to work on imposing his will, he is so tender at times for his size, and I believe  Trevon Williams will continue to improve and become Swanigan 2.0. It was a fun season to watch, looking forward to next season, BOILER UP!!!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HOZER said:

That was driving me crazy. They knew what Virginia was about too, made no sense. And once again some “interesting” calls by the officials.  Carson Edwards will be gone after this I believe, but I saw some good things from our freshman, so there’s that:goodluck: Haarms still needs to work on imposing his will, he is so tender at times for his size, and I believe  Trevon Williams will continue to improve and become Swanigan 2.0. It was a fun season to watch, looking forward to next season, BOILER UP!!!!

I can't, for the life of me, understand why they have Haarms play around the 3 point line on almost every possession and let him handle the ball out there.   He's not a great point guard. :excited:

I'm pulling for Michigan State to win it now.    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Myles said:

I can't, for the life of me, understand why they have Haarms play around the 3 point line on almost every possession and let him handle the ball out there.   He's not a great point guard. :excited:

I'm pulling for Michigan State to win it now.    

100% agree. He needs to be inside, and I about puke every time he shoots a three. I did like when they had both him and Treyvon in there, almost like the Haas/Biggie combo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

100% agree. He needs to be inside, and I about puke every time he shoots a three. I did like when they had both him and Treyvon in there, almost like the Haas/Biggie combo.

Princeton Comunity used a offense where the bigs came out top but the Tigers had a front line of 6’3 6’6 and 6’10 but the 6’6 Dove was a 3 point threat and the 6’3 kid was a slasher

NDWBB uses a similar “Princeton” offense but they have 2 players over 6’3 and 2 slashers in Jess Shepard(6’4), Brianna Turner(6’3), Jackie Young and Arike O

• Like 1