Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have never really been a Russell fan. I can see him taking a step back this upcoming year. Walker is better, JMO.

He's a mid range shooter and not a good defender....

The big positive about Russell is that he's 23 and could improve...

Cant see him leaving the Nets

I'm hoping that secret talks are going on for Walker.

But if they are...its a well kept secret

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

There is no chance of us trading Oladipo and he has almost no value due to his injury

If we're trying to get the 4th pick in the draft, its Myles Turner we're offering.

We need to get his $18 mil a year off the books so we can resign Bogdonavic and Thad Young AND pursue another free agent.

And we wont get the 4th pick in the draft for Sabonis

Ricky Rubio is better and younger than Darren Collison. Not by much. But he is.

Would you trade Turner for the 4th pick.....sign Rubio and Al Horford?

I would pack Turners bags myself, and whoever else it would take with the exception of Sabonis and Vic, for the Pacers to get that #4 pick.. 

I would be good with Rubio, but I'd pursue Julius Randle over Horford and Thad. Randle is 24 and averaged 21 and 9 and would work perfect as the 4 in the Pacers system with Sabonis. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I would pack Turners bags myself, and whoever else it would take with the exception of Sabonis and Vic, for the Pacers to get that #4 pick.. 

I would be good with Rubio, but I'd pursue Julius Randle over Horford and Thad. Randle is 24 and averaged 21 and 9 and would work perfect as the 4 in the Pacers system with Sabonis. 

Julius Randle is a good thought..He'd give us 20 a game and I dont think we'd have to pay the max.....maybe $18-$20 mil........We'd just move on from Thad Young..

….Myles is a great shot blocker..but he's probably never going to be a big scorer...and I'd love to get his $18 mil salary off the books..so we can go shopping on July 1

2 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

you wanna trade one of the cheapest and best defensive players in the league who is also only 23? he would also be better offensively if Nates system wasn't a dinosaur 

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Julius Randle is a good thought..He'd give us 20 a game and I dont think we'd have to pay the max.....maybe $18-$20 mil........We'd just move on from Thad Young..

….Myles is a great shot blocker..but he's probably never going to be a big scorer...and I'd love to get his $18 mil salary off the books..so we can go shopping on July 1

I'd like to get McDermitt's money off the books too.. 7.5M/yr is way too much for what he gave us

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Randle is a very good player, I do like him. He's a bull dog in the paint.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

you wanna trade one of the cheapest and best defensive players in the league who is also only 23? he would also be better offensively if Nates system wasn't a dinosaur 

Sabonis is cheaper and much more efficient offensively. We can't keep waiting on Turner to finally turn the corner offensively, and if he can net us a lottery pick in this draft, he's gone in my opinion.  

Sabonis is cheaper and much more efficient offensively. We can't keep waiting on Turner to finally turn the corner offensively, and if he can net us a lottery pick in this draft, he's gone in my opinion.  

we need a modern coach is what we need 

no way I could trade him for some unknown 

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

we need a modern coach is what we need 

I'm not a huge McMillan fan either, but they've done a lot to help develop Turner, and he's not much better than he was 3 years ago. He's too soft/nice. He has every bit the skill-set to be a Kevin Garnett type player (stretch 4), but he doesn't have that "dog" in him like KG had. Turner is going to be who he is for the rest of his career. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am surprised he doesn't want to be in NO? He was tough last year.

Why would he want to be there when they are drafting Zion? I'm sure he wants to be paid and to start.

I'm not a huge McMillan fan either, but they've done a lot to help develop Turner, and he's not that much better than he was 3 years ago. He's too soft/nice. He has every bit the skill set to be a Kevin Garnett type player (stretch 4), but he doesn't have that "dog" in him like KG had. Turner is going to be who his is for the rest of his career. 

Why would he want to be there when they are drafting Zion? I'm sure he wants to be paid and to start.

I'll take him at what he is now prolly the best defensive big in the nba

3 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I'm not a huge McMillan fan either, but they've done a lot to help develop Turner, and he's not much better than he was 3 years ago. He's too soft/nice. He has every bit the skill-set to be a Kevin Garnett type player (stretch 4), but he doesn't have that "dog" in him like KG had. Turner is going to be who he is for the rest of his career. 

He can play the 5 and Zion the 4.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'll take him at what he is now prolly the best defensive big in the nba

Not for 18M/yr.. He doesn't affect the game that much. If he were a consistent 20+/10 with his 3 blocks/g, we'd be getting a steal, but he scored 10 or less 26 times last year, and he gets his butt handed to him every time he plays Embiid and Drummond. I think people overrate his defense to compensate for his inconsistent offense. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Randle would be fine as a 5 IMO. I guess we disagree on that one. He is built for it and loves the physicality of it.

Well I'm sure if NO thought Randle was their best option there they wouldn't have let him walk. They had plenty of money to keep him if they wanted.  

Well I'm sure if NO thought Randle was their best option there they wouldn't have let him walk. They had plenty of money to keep him if they wanted.  

That is why it is NO, they make dumb moves. U just seen the AD trade, no way I trade AD unless Kuzma is involved. Then again it is NO haha 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

pretty sure he declined his option to become a FA not really anything NO can do about that 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is why it is NO, they make dumb moves. U just seen the AD trade, no way I trade AD unless Kuzma is involved. Then again it is NO haha 

Has nothing to do with "dumb". They obviously like what they have in Okafor and I can see why. Kuzma would be riding the bench with Zion coming in, if he were acquired. Ingram gives them a solid 3 now. Holiday, Ingram, Zion, and Okafor is solid lineup to work and build with. Plus they have some young building blocks to work with as well. They are in a pretty good spot right now.

LA is in trouble if they don't unload the salaries of Mo Wagner, Isaac Bonga and Jemerrio Jones to make room for AD. Per ESPN -  "If Davis doesn't waive his $4.1 million trade bonus, the Lakers-Pelicans trade wouldn't be allowed even if Los Angeles finds a third team for the players not included in the original deal with New Orleans." 

Oh how I would love to see that trade go down in flames. F Lebron, I hope he blows both knees out and his hairline recedes to George Jefferson levels. 

Has nothing to do with "dumb". They obviously like what they have in Okafor and I can see why. Kuzma would be riding the bench with Zion coming in, if he were acquired. Ingram gives them a solid 3 now. Holiday, Ingram, Zion, and Okafor is solid lineup to work and build with. Plus they have some young building blocks to work with as well. They are in a pretty good spot right now.

LA is in trouble if they don't unload the salaries of Mo Wagner, Isaac Bonga and Jemerrio Jones to make room for AD. Per ESPN -  "If Davis doesn't waive his $4.1 million trade bonus, the Lakers-Pelicans trade wouldn't be allowed even if Los Angeles finds a third team for the players not included in the original deal with New Orleans." 

Oh how I would love to see that trade go down in flames. F Lebron, I hope he blows both knees out and his hairline recedes to George Jefferson levels. 

I am not a huge LeBron fan but LA is in great shape with AD and plenty of cap space. We will know more once Free Agency is over. I told you LA would get AD, I knew I would be right on that one. I thought Kuzma would be a part of it though. LA even kept Kuzma lol. When Magic offered the deal Kuzma was a part of it but Demps was dumb and didn't do the trade. Kuzma is by far better than any 4th pick they will get. There are only 3 sure picks = Zion, Ja, and RJ.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not a huge LeBron fan but LA is in great shape with AD and plenty of cap space. We will know more once Free Agency is over. I told you LA would get AD, I knew I would be right on that one. I thought Kuzma would be a part of it though. LA even kept Kuzma lol. When Magic offered the deal Kuzma was a part of it but Demps was dumb and didn't do the trade. Kuzma is by far better than any 4th pick they will get. There are only 3 sure picks = Zion, Ja, and RJ.

- Again, you're still in the minute few (and LA fans) that believe those players were equal to AD. I commend Demps for not bending to LA/Lebrons nonsense. NO literally got 1 mid-level starter, and 2 average bench players for a top-5 player. Sorry, but you're lying to yourself if you think NO benefited any from this trade. However, yes, you were right about the trade. 

- What good is Kuzma when he's watching Zion eat up his minutes? There is at least some flexibility with the #4 pick that could be traded for another veteran. They could use an upgrade at SG.

- With the way LA is being built, I'd be surprised if they even make it past the Conference Finals, let alone make it to the Finals. 

4 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

- Again, you're still in the minute few (and LA fans) that believe those players were equal to AD. I commend Demps for not bending to LA/Lebrons nonsense. NO literally got 1 mid-level starter, and 2 average bench players for a top-5 player. Sorry, but you're lying to yourself if you think NO benefited any from this trade. However, yes, you were right about the trade. 

- What good is Kuzma when he's watching Zion eat up his minutes? There is at least some flexibility with the #4 pick that could be traded for another veteran. They could use an upgrade at SG.

- With the way LA is being built, I'd be surprised if they even make it past the Conference Finals, let alone make it to the Finals. 

With AD, LeBron and keeping Kuzma it is a good start. I have to see what they put around that. Kuzma is a good player. Ingram has health problems and without Ball the Lakers have no outside nonsense with daddy Ball. He was an outside soap opera distraction. Lakers still need shooting and a PG, so we will see.  

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He led the league in Blocks. Complete bull.

It’s not complete bull there is more to playing D then going after blocks.  Myles isn’t strong enough on the glass. He will have games where he gets 3 or 4 boards for the whole game. I’m sorry but an All NBA C has to be able to rebound the ball. That’s the part of his game that frustrates me the most and the big reason I’d be fine moving him if the right deal came along 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

With AD, LeBron and keeping Kuzma it is a good start. I have to see what they put around that. Kuzma is a good player.

Considering they want to add another max contract, they aren't going to have much to work with after those 3, or 4. Lebron's window is shrinking rapidly, and it's a fact, guys like him post 35 years of age, tend to fall of a cliff production wise. I'd be skeptical of AD lasting a full season too. 

I hope Kawhi stays in Toronto. That Toronto team wouldn't have much of a problem beating the Lakers considering they have no perimeter shooting like GS had. I'd wager Toronto would probably sweep them or finish them in 5.

16 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Trading Turner would destroy the defense. We also can't tell if Turner's offense is bad because it's McMillan. Sabonis is cheaper for now. In a year, he'll want about the same amount of money as Turner. I'd much rather trade Sabonis. I'd only trade Turner for a chance at Ja, and there's no way that's happening after the #2 pick. 

6 hours ago, akcolt said:

It’s not complete bull there is more to playing D then going after blocks.  Myles isn’t strong enough on the glass. He will have games where he gets 3 or 4 boards for the whole game. I’m sorry but an All NBA C has to be able to rebound the ball. That’s the part of his game that frustrates me the most and the big reason I’d be fine moving him if the right deal came along 

Blocks aren't the end all be all, I agree, but his defense is arguably more important than rebounds. Turner doesn't get a lot because of Oladipo and other players. With Dipo out, we'll see if he can get more rebounds. 

I wouldn't hope for D'Lo too much. Several things have to go right before Pacers even have a shot at offering him a contract. Assuming the Nets sign Kyrie and decide not to match, he might not even choose the Pacers. Kemba isn't realistic either, since he'll either get the supermax from CHA or the max from the Lakers. Now that Conley is gone, the Jazz are out of the race if D'Lo does happen to become available. 

Who are you drafting at #18? I want Rui, but I don't think he'll be there. Bol Bol or Romeo, if either fall, would be good draft picks.

I think the Pacers need to make a risky/big move. A window just opened for a bunch of teams due to KD's and Klay's injury. If Kawhi moves out West and the Pacers actually add a star, I can see the Pacers making a deep run. 

8 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

I wouldn't hope for D'Lo too much. Several things have to go right before Pacers even have a shot at offering him a contract. Assuming the Nets sign Kyrie and decide not to match, he might not even choose the Pacers. Kemba isn't realistic either, since he'll either get the supermax from CHA or the max from the Lakers. Now that Conley is gone, the Jazz are out of the race if D'Lo does happen to become available. 

Who are you drafting at #18? I want Rui, but I don't think he'll be there. Bol Bol or Romeo, if either fall, would be good draft picks.

I think the Pacers need to make a risky/big move. A window just opened for a bunch of teams due to KD's and Klay's injury. If Kawhi moves out West and the Pacers actually add a star, I can see the Pacers making a deep run. 

besides us who else interested in Dlo has a better shot to win? Orlando isnt a FA hotspot and they are not nearly as good as us. and Minnesota who cant even afford him unless they move Wiggins contract and no one wants him