Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

upgrades

OLD FAN MAN

we as fans like us to compete in our games. how many of us would like ballard to upgrade most positions this off season so we can at least compete in games. so much for building on a five year draft plan, how many of us want good entertainment each season? what is wrong with trying to win it all each season? our new coach is right on dont give up on a season try to win it all each season. comments welcome.where are the upgrades?

• Thanks 1

Most people realize that Andrew Luck's return to form this season would make the Colts at least contenders in the AFC South. If they can keep the injury bug at bay (for once) they presently have the makings of a very good team. Add to this the potential afforded by so many early draft picks and you could have a really good team right now. Hitting on the draft and reduced injuries are the two keys to a successful 2018 IMHO.

• Like 1

Wanting to win every possible game is the objective of every team. From the owner, GM and all the way down to the positional coaches and players.

There is not a head coach in the league who is going to say their objective is to lose. If so, they have no business being a head coach.

Right now the Colts don't have a clue about the coaching staff and if they are the ones we need or not.

Most all wanted a new coaching staff and the unknown is very real right now.

For those who said it couldn't get any worse than what we had could very well be wrong. Only time will have the answers.

To me, the coaches are a bigger question mark than the players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

we as fans like us to compete in our games. how many of us would like ballard to upgrade most positions this off season so we can at least compete in games. so much for building on a five year draft plan, how many of us want good entertainment each season? what is wrong with trying to win it all each season? our new coach is right on dont give up on a season try to win it all each season. comments welcome.where are the upgrades?

I believe a record of 0-16 infers we did not compete, but still...that may not be accurate. To win 4 games, and have a decent chance of winning another 3 games, says a much different thing than the above bolded. Are you exagerating because you are frustrated?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

Colts lead at halftime in multiple games. They just didn’t finish 

Competing has only been an issue recently against :flyingelvis:

Other than that, Colts usually are in a game for the most part. A few blowouts here and there, but definitely compete. Finishing is the problem 

• Like 1

Is this another thread about whining that Ballard did not spend every last dime in Free Agency on players you wanted?  Who cares.  He is being a very smart GM.  Like he said many teams that when the offseason and FA typically are back out there every two years.  They are cutting guys who do not live up to the contract two years later and trying to find someone else.  Instead, he sees a value in building a solid nucleus over the next two to three years and then allow FA to supplement a few players.  This is good strategy for a team who wants to compete every year and not just every 4 years. 

Plus many forget about the best addition possible...Andrew Luck.  He alone allows us to change games.  The new coaching staff and scheme, I think will also be a huge help for some weaknesses (mainly the o-line).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

We can throw a bunch of money at a bunch of superstars and compete for a SB for like 2-3 years like the jags and browns then have to blow up the team .... or we can build young talent with guys who want to prove themselves in FA and draft the right guys who will make this team amazing .... that with Luck coming back into form hopefully with have us competing for a long time .... with only having to worry about drafting or upgrading a couple key spots if they boot for $ in FA .... instead of having to build most key spots through the draft like we are now.

• Like 1