Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If James Farrior Is Available In Free Agency Should We Get Him

I'd like to see us go after Dan Connor (Panthers) or someone in draft (Mychal Kendricks) if we're going ILB, which I assume we will. Don't want Jameel McClain, though the guys that run the Ravens twitter page told me Pagano is interested in him.

EDIT: Whilst we're on the topic of Steelers, LaCanfora says that Kemoeatu and one of Farrior or Foote will also leave.

I'd like to see us go after Dan Connor (Panthers) or someone in draft (Mychal Kendricks) if we're going ILB, which I assume we will. Don't want Jameel McClain, though the guys that run the Ravens twitter page told me Pagano is interested in him.

EDIT: Whilst we're on the topic of Steelers, LaCanfora says that Kemoeatu and one of Farrior or Foote will also leave.

Kendricks would be awesome, but it looks like his stock is skyrocketting. I wouldn't spend the second rounder on him, but if he's there in the 3rd, oh yeah!!!

Kendricks would be awesome, but it looks like his stock is skyrocketting. I wouldn't spend the second rounder on him, but if he's there in the 3rd, oh yeah!!!

I had him legitimately mocked to us in the 6th round. Shows what a good combine can do for you. I still think he's a 3rd/4th rounder max.

I had him legitimately mocked to us in the 6th round. Shows what a good combine can do for you. I still think he's a 3rd/4th rounder max.

So do you reckon taking him with our 3rd would be a reach?

With the other holes on our team, I could see us going with someone else, and hoping he falls to the 4th. I just don't see him making it out of round 3 especially with his combine results. Even on film, from what I can tell, he looks like a 3rd or better round prospect.

I'd rather pass on him...I've never seen him play anything but a 3-4 and we are supposedly running a hybrid. Also, if we sign him, where would Conner fit in our 3-4 scheme, which could look like Freeney/Hughes, Angerer, Conner, Mathis/Wheeler. Conner could possibly take wheelers spot but that would mean we are essentially signing Farrior and letting Wheeler walk...I don't think too many people would be happy with that.

I think we should get him because he could help stop the run.

If we had James farrior and Pat angerer we would stop the run like every time.

We could sign him two a 2-3 year contract.

If we draft a LB he could help them develop (Nigel Bradham, Keenan Robinson, Terrell Manning).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyeGfwVGXn4

Your Thoughts?

NOOOOOOOOO

An old OLB getting ready to get "kicked to the curb" by the 3-4 flagship team is not ... what we need.

2 Reasons why I don't why him:

1. You don't rebuild with a 35 year old player who's played in one system.

2. Our linebackers, especially the interior ones, are great. Angerer and Conner are great young kids with tons of potential.

This would be a last resort type guy for me. If we can not grab anything in the draft or FA, then I'd say sign him to a cheap one-year deal. He's familiar with the 3-4 and could give some knowledge to our upcoming crop of Angryman and Conner.