-Marcell Dareus

-AJ Bouye

And now they’ signing:

-Norwell

-Hayden

-Moncrief

-Lee (resigned)

-Bortles (extension) 

And Hurns is making bank too. And in a few years they’ll need to re-sign Ramsey, Ngauke, Jack, and Fournette.

7 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

There’s no way the Jags have that much money. They’ve got

-Malik Jackson

-Calaius Campbell

-Marcell Dareus

-AJ Bouye

And now they’ signing:

-Norwell

-Hayden

-Moncrief

-Lee (resigned)

-Bortles (extension) 

And Hurns is making bank too. And in a few years they’ll need to re-sign Ramsey, Ngauke, Jack, and Fournette.

It seriously makes no sense to me.. They had about $27M in cap space going into the offseason.

12 minutes ago, Shive said:

It seriously makes no sense to me.. They had about $27M in cap space going into the offseason.

they had 32 counting roll over and were already 5 million OVER for next year per OTC BEFORE this signing spree.  but yeah, your point still stands.  I imagine they back loaded most of these contracts.  

Just now, PeterBowman said:

they better win the Super Bowl in the next 2 years or they're screwed.

They wont because they have Bortles. I thought I knew how the Salary Cap worked, I apparently don't. Jags spend whatever they want. The numbers don't even come close to adding up when you look at how they have went about things. I am still hopeful we can sign guys like Pugh and Pryor who are young. That would help our O.Line and WR core. Those 2 guys would be solid additions. Suh would be the cherry on top eventhough he is 31, he still is a monster.

Jaguars roster is setup in a way where they can save huge chunks of cap space if they really need to. Allen Hurns cut would save 7 million, but he likely restructures and stays while lowering his cap hit. Releasing Ivory saved around 3.5 million. Bortles extension saved 9 million, there was a cap space increase around 10 million, etc...

They are loading up for a 2 year Super Bowl window run.  After that, in 2020, the Jags can cut a (almost) 34-year old Calais Campbell and save $17.5 million or a 31-year old Malik Jackson to save another $15.5 million. Going even further they can cut an over 30’s Barry Church and Tashaun Gipson to save a combined $15.35 million. By that time, the Jags will have hoped to have drafted their replacements and that they’re ready to step in and take over. It's aslo a possibility (though not probable) that after the 2018 season they can cut Marcell Dareus and save $11.58 million in cap room.

As noted above, Tom Coughlin has been there before, and directing this ship once more. They will sign and structure things to fit.

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Jaguars roster is setup in a way where they can save huge chunks of cap space if they really need to. Allen Hurns cut would save 7 million, but he likely restructures and stays while lowering his cap hit. Releasing Ivory saved around 3.5 million. Bortles extension saved 9 million, there was a cap space increase around 10 million, etc...

They are loading up for a 2 year Super Bowl window run.  After that, in 2020, the Jags can cut a (almost) 34-year old Calais Campbell and save $17.5 million or a 31-year old Malik Jackson to save another $15.5 million. Going even further they can cut an over 30’s Barry Church and Tashaun Gipson to save a combined $15.35 million. By that time, the Jags will have hoped to have drafted their replacements and that they’re ready to step in and take over. It's aslo a possibility (though not probable) that after the 2018 season they can cut Marcell Dareus and save $11.58 million in cap room.

As noted above, Tom Coughlin has been there before, and directing this ship once more. They will sign and structure things to fit.

Exactly but people tell themselves the Jags will but hurting only to make downplay how much of a problem they will be for the division for years to come

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Exactly but people tell themselves the Jags will but hurting only to make downplay how much of a problem they will be for the division for years to come

They will not only be a problem for the Colts, and AFC South, they'll be a problem for all of the NFL for the next couple of years... or more.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

hopefully they draft well because they won't be drafting in the top 5 like they have been for the past umpteen years.