Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

trade down involving jamal adams

This is a pipe dream but this is my wish. Maybe even throw in something else to to get this done. Idk maybe geathers would help or like a fith rd pick. I can just imagine hooker and adams wow. Allot of other things would have to fall in place and they would have to really fall in love with whatever qbs are left there. Any thoughts

i could actually see it. stupid yes but iv'e seen stupider when it comes to teams and drafting quarterbacks. Or i would love David Johnson in a heartbeat from Arizona if they traded picks. This might be a nonsense post entirely but we could come out of this whole draft smelling very good if Ballard does his due diligence. No reason why a team wouldn't get desperate enough to give up a great player. especially with some cap situations. 

I just don't see a marquee player being used as capital towards moving up to our selection. If Ballard trades down , I think it will be for a collection picks ....and maybe ,just maybe, a player. But I highly doubt it will be someone like David Johnson or Jamal Adams. 

1 hour ago, Coltivated said:

i could actually see it. stupid yes but iv'e seen stupider when it comes to teams and drafting quarterbacks. Or i would love David Johnson in a heartbeat from Arizona if they traded picks. This might be a nonsense post entirely but we could come out of this whole draft smelling very good if Ballard does his due diligence. No reason why a team wouldn't get desperate enough to give up a great player. especially with some cap situations. 

Please stop.  Teams do not just get rid of solid young talent to move up a few picks in the draft.  Adams was the 1st round pick last year and was solid.  David Johnson was injured but that does not mean they will off-load a back that lead the league in yards from scrimmage t he year prior.  Whats next, Von Miller, since Denver needs a QB as well? 

Why stop there? I am sure AZ would happily trade Reddick to move up #6 and get a shot at one of the QBs. And then I imagine BUF is annoyed that their two 1st round picks are back-to-back...so they trade us #22 and Tredavious White to move up to #15. And of course the NYG will be dying to get back into the 1st round, so here comes Evan Engram and #34 to move up to #22.

Picks #3 becomes Jamal Adams, Hasson Reddick, Tredavious White and Evan Engram. 

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

Why stop there? I am sure AZ would happily trade Reddick to move up #6 and get a shot at one of the QBs. And then I imagine BUF is annoyed that their two 1st round picks are back-to-back...so they trade us #22 and Tredavious White to move up to #15. And of course the NYG will be dying to get back into the 1st round, so here comes Evan Engram and #34 to move up to #22.

I really hope this is a joke

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

Then we trade the 34th pick for a 1st rounder next year that becomes the 3rd overall pick in 2019 and rinse and repeat! :) 

5 minutes ago, Coltivated said:

Well actually von was in my list lol do you believe Broncos would give him up to get cousins? That definitely will not happen tho. In case you guys havnt taken notice the new trend in tge nfl is trading picks for great or upside type players. See for instance new england, rams, redskins, eagles. I read an article stating that is an actual trend and we might see more and more of that to come. 

5 hours ago, Coltivated said:

5 hours ago, Coltivated said:

Well actually von was in my list lol do you believe Broncos would give him up to get cousins? That definitely will not happen tho. In case you guys havnt taken notice the new trend in tge nfl is trading picks for great or upside type players. See for instance new england, rams, redskins, eagles. I read an article stating that is an actual trend and we might see more and more of that to come. 

ya the colts have tried this member the t-rich trade worked out amazing!!!!