Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jskinnz

Ziggy Ansah - tagged

Just saw it on Twitter.

Pass rushers, even the remotely decent ones, do not hit free agency.

Hello Bradley Chubb.  Welcome to Indy.

25 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Just saw it on Twitter.

Pass rushers, the remotely decent ones, do not hit free agency.

Hello Bradley Chubb.  Welcome to Indy.

I agree. If you want one, you need to get him in the draft.

I'm wondering if Denver, NY, may jump the gun if Darnold or Rosen are still available as well.  Colts could drop to 5th, 6th, draft Chubb get an extra 2nd and get another pass rusher to develop leaving the Colts with a potential premier pass rusher and a solid developmental pass rusher in the first two rounds.  I can hope. 

11 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

I'm wondering if Denver, NY, may jump the gun if Darnold or Rosen are still available as well.  Colts could drop to 5th, 6th, draft Chubb get an extra 2nd and get another pass rusher to develop leaving the Colts with a potential premier pass rusher and a solid developmental pass rusher in the first two rounds.  I can hope. 

Definitely possible. I want the Colts to trade down. 

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, chad72 said:

I agree. If you want one, you need to get him in the draft.

You cant say that enough, Chad..

On 2/27/2018 at 5:55 PM, Malakai432 said:

We kinda already have a developmental one with Basham already. Of course I’m not against more pass rushers (look at Denver with stock piling them the past 5 years) but I’d take that 2nd and invest in OL.

The problem with the increasing cap space available is that teams rarely *have* to release players to FA, meaning the only players available are ones with character/injury/productivity questions.  With the limit of quality pass rushers available in the NFL, this translates to a real scarcity of quality pass rushers being available outwith the draft.

Running backs however, are plentiful and it a variety of skill sets to fit your scheme.

With the choice of an elite pass rusher and an elite running back, the above leads me to only one conclusion.