Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontaze Burfict Disappointing At Draft Combine

He ran a sub par 40 yd dash: 4.93 (for comparison Donta Hightower ran a 4.64)

And didn't participate in any drills.

Add in his widely covered discipline problems and his stock is falling. He may not be taken in the first 3 rounds.

Would you want the Colts to draft him in the later rounds?

He is no doubt talented

I knew he was going to run a slow 40, but not THAT slow. If he is there in 3rd take em.

I mean, The best Linebacker out of High School, and he Went into College and proved himself. People whould give guys like this a chance.

Remember Anquan Boldin ran a 4.8 fourty and Lee Suggs rans a sub 4.8 fourty. It didn't make a difference when they are on the field.

He ran a sub par 40 yd dash: 4.93 (for comparison Donta Hightower ran a 4.64)

And didn't participate in any drills.

Add in his widely covered discipline problems and his stock is falling. He may not be taken in the first 3 rounds.

Would you want the Colts to draft him in the later rounds?

He is no doubt talented

MAN! You don't need speed when you can time the snap like that! I would take a chance on this guy with a third!

I knew he was going to run a slow 40, but not THAT slow. If he is there in 3rd take em.

I mean, The best Linebacker out of High School, and he Went into College and proved himself. People whould give guys like this a chance.

Remember Anquan Boldin ran a 4.8 fourty and Lee Suggs rans a sub 4.8 fourty. It didn't make a difference when they are on the field.

Burfict reminds me more of a Jamarcus Russell then Boldin. He ran that slow because hes lazy. He quit on his team this year. Got in fights with team mates, disrespected coaches, showed up to camp over weight. All of the things you dont want in a player. Id take him in the 5th. No earlier.

I would gladly take him in the 3rd or 4th round if he is there. For the most part, I think it's more important to see what a guy does on film rather than at the Combine. We have seen many guys come in and light the Combine up, only to have not so great NFL careers. I want a football player on my team, not a workout warrior. Many mocks I've seen have him going to the Ravens; Ray Lewis' leadership will definitely help this dude sort out his priorities

I don't think he is coachable.

He played out of control and was a net liability to his team, such that he was benched.

Talk to his former HC Dennis Erickson.

Plus, I don't think we have the veteran leadership in the locker room to set him straight. I could see the Ravens, Steelers, or Pats taking a flyer on him in the late late rounds as a project.

this is really something i know about. Today on the local 620 am espn radio in Phoenix Arizona Gambo {one of the host of a talk show} said he was the worse athlete he ever met with the attitude and selfishness problems and he would not take him as an undrafted fa. Myself if he was there in round 5 which might happen i would take him.