Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Reich Expected to Interview

1959Colts

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At this point after getting screwed over I would be like OK, wanna play hardball let me give Jim a call. That would be a splash! Jim is loved here too.

Yep...Why I won't rule it out..If Jim could be pried away it would be to coach Luck for an owner and city that he played for and loves him..Really perfect situation for Harbaugh if he was gonna coach in NFL again, and he is so competitive I think he will be back in NFL to try and win at highest level...

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Yep...Why I won't rule it out..If Jim could be pried away it would be to coach Luck for an owner and city that he played for and loves him..Really perfect situation for Harbaugh if he was gonna coach in NFL again, and he is so competitive I think he will be back in NFL to try and win at highest level...

If we got Harbaugh I would party for a week. McTurd couldn't carry his Jock. Having said all of this, I would be happy if we end up hiring Reich after all this nonsense.

23 hours ago, DougDew said:

I mean as an organizer, coordinating other coaches and dealing with personnel matters.  Others are worried about his lack of play calling at Philly.  I think his football knowledge is very good.

Nagy got the Bears HC job with only a month of playcalling experience. Reich was also an OC for San Diego (now L.A.) Chargers.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we got Harbaugh I would party for a week. McTurd couldn't carry his Jock. Having said all of this, I would be happy if we end up hiring Reich after all this nonsense.

You don’t want Harbaugh. That’s a sinking ship. Did you see what happened to Michigan on NSD? Bunch of de-commits. NCF is going to like me saying this but he’s an overrated HC who butts heads with management and hasn’t won the big one anywhere.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Nagy got the Bears HC job with only a month of playcalling experience. Reich was also an OC for San Diego (now L.A.) Chargers.

I like Reich a lot from what research Ive done on him, how much football knowledge he has, and the type of character guy he is. Of course I have never talked to him, so Ballard will have to judge him on an interview.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like Reich a lot from what research Ive done on him, how much football knowledge he has, and the type of character guy he is. Of course I have never talked to him, so Ballard will have to judge him on an interview.

I’ve also read he’s a motivational speaker with strong faith. He’s a member of the Premier Speakers Bureau as as well. Idk if that says anything or not.

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

You don’t want Harbaugh. That’s a sinking ship. Did you see what happened to Michigan on NSD? Bunch of de-commits. NCF is going to like me saying this but he’s an overrated HC who butts heads with management and hasn’t won the big one anywhere.

NCF may think like that and I respect his opinion but Harbaugh was 1 play away from winning the SB. SF was a dumpster fire when he arrived, after he got there they were Great.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

NCF may think like that and I respect his opinion but Harbaugh was 1 play away from winning the SB. SF was a dumpster fire when he arrived, after he got there they were Great.

They were great for like 2 seasons and then quickly declined and he left before we got to see how bad it could have got. But that’s his MO. Everywhere he’s been he coaches like 4 season and then bounces. He has no history of sustained long term success. Not like guys like Dungy or Reid. Stanford is just as good without him.

16 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

That's good for COLTS chances, I didn't know that...

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'm glad McDAniels backed out I was unsure about his leadership abilities  big time...I will feel much better about Reich all around....Manning likes him too so that will help our chances to bring him back as President...

5 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I'm glad McDAniels backed out I was unsure about his  big time...I will feel much better about Reich all around....Manning likes him too so that will help our chances to bring him back as President...

I agree, this probably is the best thing that happened to us. I just hope we take Barkley too haha. You and I are on an island on that one but why pass on Bo Jackson 2.0?

I can get onboard with Reich or Defilippo. Reich has a lot of similarities with Pederson...and this is a copycat league.

But something really intrigues me about Defilippo. And I am all for the HR type hire. If there was ever a time to try it, now is that time. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, this probably is the best thing that happened to us. I just hope we take Barkley too haha. You and I are on an island on that one but why pass on Bo Jackson 2.0?

I  think we will get Ansah and Norwell , and load  up on linebackers and edge rushers rds 2-7..

6 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I  think we will get Ansah and Norwell , and load  up on linebackers and edge rushers rds 2-7..

If we Draft Barkley and put him with a healthy Andrew + all the other Defensive picks in the Draft and an O.Lineman like Norwell, then its on. Reich could do wonders with that because of TY and Doyle too. Imagine if we had Harbaugh Coaching that stuff haha I am talking 12-4.

42 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

They had 1 de-commit.  Does that equal a "bunch"?

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't understand why people don't see it but Harbaugh with a healthy Luck and Barkley at RB - we would go 10-6 in our sleep. I would bet anyone in here that would happen.

O.K., fine, but when you wake up, what do you think their chances are against mini Ditka?

2 hours ago, ad24rouse said:

Guys, we're not getting both Reich AND DeFilippo. If we hire Reich, there's a 100% chance Philly promotes DeFilippo to offensive coordinator. The only way we're getting him is if we hire him as HC.

I believe deflippos contract expired after the SB so we could wind up with both. It'd be up to deflippo as to which team he chooses

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Luck getting his serious injuries was because he played with a line backers mentality. Yes he was sacked a lot but he never played to protect himself. Big difference.

I actually agree with both you and Bott on this one. The scheme and play calling should have been altered to accommodate the porous OL butuck did also bring many of the hits on himself. 

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Shanahan was in a bad situation with Snyder in Washington..I think him and Ballard could make things happen here..

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Mike Shanahan 178-144 two Super Bowls...

Excellent points JS23. I know Mike takes a lot of criticism from people because his greatest level of success was with Elway & that a certain point fans make a determination that a coach has had their time in the spotlight, they are too old, & we need fresh coaching blood in the pipeline. But, I agree with you. Mike gets unfairly slammed because he wasn't successful at Oakland or with the Redskins. Problem there--Al Davis & Daniel Synder are too controlling & they think or thought any weakness can be solved by throwing a boatload of money at a player or coach. 

I know my friend PricetonTiger isn't fond of Shanahan's record outside of Denver & that's okay. He can think a Mike retread hire would be a horrible idea. That's fine. However, I want somebody who knows how to create running lanes & win games by pounding the rock identical to how Terrell Davis demolished the Packers in that 98 SB. JMO

Yes, I know that ariel attacks are popular now in the NFL. The Eagles won a SB using that formula. However, Philly got in the end zone early with Blount in that game too. 

I just think Mike always gets a bum wrap. I don't expect him to even be interviewed & I'll roll with whatever guy Ballard & Jimmy select naturally. I just don't think it's right to dismiss anybody because they're not a spring chicken anymore. That's all. 

On 2/7/2018 at 11:49 AM, Andrew86 said:

I hope not, he's been a complete loser everywhere he has been besides Philadelphia and he doesn't even get to call the plays there.  I really am hoping for some surprise hire because all of the likely candidates are complete trash.

How was Reich a complete loser as a backup QB in Buffalo?  

How was he a complete loser as QB coach of the Colts?

How was he a complete loser in San Diego as OC?  His offense was ranked #18 the first year (lower middle of the pack) but improved to #8 in 2015.

Oh, btw, Doug Pederson (Reich's current HC) didn't get to call the plays under Andy Reid either...does that make Pederson a complete loser also?

1 minute ago, Shive said:

I really want Reich and Defilippo, but I think if we hire Reich, Defilippo stays in Philly as OC. Why go to the bottom ranked Colts when you can stay with the defending champion Eagles with Carson Wentz coming back?

We lost 6 games by 7 points or less, what if Andrew Luck comes back 100%? Then we have something.

2 minutes ago, J@son said:

How was he a complete loser in San Diego as OC?  His offense was ranked #18 the first year (lower middle of the pack) but improved to #8 in 2015.

Oh, btw, Doug Pederson (Reich's current HC) didn't get to call the plays under Andy Reid either...does that make Pederson a complete loser also?

That guy is Trolling bigtime, thanks for calling him out.

3 minutes ago, J@son said:

You cant talk facts, it makes too much sense. :)

14 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Excellent points JS23. I know Mike takes a lot of criticism from people because his greatest level of success was with Elway & that a certain point fans make a determination that a coach has had their time in the spotlight, they are too old, & we need fresh coaching blood in the pipeline. But, I agree with you. Mike gets unfairly slammed because he wasn't successful at Oakland or with the Redskins. Problem there--Al Davis & Daniel Synder are too controlling & they think or thought any weakness can be solved by throwing a boatload of money at a player or coach. 

I know my friend PricetonTiger isn't fond of Shanahan's record outside of Denver & that's okay. He can think a Mike retread hire would be a horrible idea. That's fine. However, I want somebody who knows how to create running lanes & win games by pounding the rock identical to how Terrell Davis demolished the Packers in that 98 SB. JMO

Yes, I know that ariel attacks are popular now in the NFL. The Eagles won a SB using that formula. However, Philly got in the end zone early with Blount in that game too. 

I just think Mike always gets a bum wrap. I don't expect him to even be interviewed & I'll roll with whatever guy Ballard & Jimmy select naturally. I just don't think it's right to dismiss anybody because they're not a spring chicken anymore. That's all. 

He makes 5th round running backs look like hall of famers...Alfred Morris, Owens, Davis etc..If he had Barkley it would be scary, but with him we really wouldn't need Barkley, and could go Chubb..Just get Scarborough or Josh Adams in rd 4 or 5 to go with Mack and Turbin..

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I highly doubt either will go anywhere where they don't have 100% control. It would never happen in Indy.

Probably right, but hope is eternal..Never say never, they might like and trust Ballard, and Im sure Ballard would listen to their input on players they want..

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Friendly Reminder from TigerTown  

Any College HC who would come at this point is not a character To associate with because he just ruined the life of 100 young men

Harbaugh was a play a way from winning the SB, lets say they win the SB I wonder how people would think of him? He was like a few Yards away lmao 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I feel JH and UM have a high standard and would not do to their players at Mich and OSU

They'll still be getting a free education and playing for an elite program...No matter what when I college coach moves on to better opportunity that part is hard and inevitable. .