Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Something people are overlooking

Clearly trades with Bills Cardinals Broncos Jets have been discussed in the past but what about the Bucs?

They desperately need a Pass Rusher and wouldn't be surprised to see them trade up for Chubb.

Would you consider a trade down to 7?

Not sure what the Colts would get in return though. 

Good thought, I'm just not sure they value a pass rusher as high as some other teams would value a QB. Would they give up the farm for a pass rusher? Not sure, if they would, I would listen though, we could still get a very good player at 7 I believe. As long as we stay in the top 9-10 I think we have the chance at a game changer.

22 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Clearly trades with Bills Cardinals Broncos Jets have been discussed in the past but what about the Bucs?

They desperately need a Pass Rusher and wouldn't be surprised to see them trade up for Chubb.

As of right now I don't think Chubb has enough hype behind him for them to move up for him.  If they did though I would be fine with it unless Ballard has Chubb rated as the top guy for us. 

In return we would most likely get there 2nd and 3rd round and maybe a late round or a 2nd or 3rd next year.  Depends how much they want that pick and Chubb.

33 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Honestly, I don't think Tampa would pay the surcharge. They would have to outbid the quarterback needy teams.

If they really want an EDGE rusher then they would be better off staying at home and taking Davenport at #7. It's my opinion and I could be wrong. :D 

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Tampa would love to have Barkley as well, so there might be a couple options for them.

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

Honestly, I don't think Tampa would pay the surcharge. They would have to outbid the quarterback needy teams.

If they really want an EDGE rusher then they would be better off staying at home and taking Davenport at #7. It's my opinion and I could be wrong. :D 

Davenport isn't worth a top 10 pick

6 minutes ago, tvturner said:

Davenport isn't worth a top 10 pick

I Strongly disagree!

And so do a lot of other people. 

In fact, I just noticed that 2 out of the 3 NFL.com mocks have him going at #7 to the Buccaneers. 

It makes a ton of sense too. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/mock-drafts

What are you basing your beliefs of "Davenport isn't worth a top 10 pick" on?

20 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I Strongly disagree!

In fact, I just noticed that 2 out of the 3 NFL.com mocks have him going at #7 to the Buccaneers. 

up and down senior bowl week

13 minutes ago, tvturner said:

up and down senior bowl week

That's not a good reason.

He is small school kid coming to the Senior Bowl. His athleticism immediately popped.

Too many people expected Davenport to have his way with everyone. There was a huge learning curve. The players at the Senior Bowl are better than any he has ever faced before. They're craftier and understand football on a whole new level than he is used to. 

The fact that he took his time to digest it all (looked slow in the process) and then ultimately overcame it (owned Day 3 and the game) should be a medal of honor on how he handles adversity. He didn't back down one bit and he got better as the week went along. 

There is a certain group of websites out there that you have to take with a grain of salt. If that is where you are getting your information from then step back for a moment and think about this whole situation with an unbiased mind. Sometimes people have way too many knee jerk reactions, and many of them have a website to tell you about it. 

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

That's not a good reason.

He is small school kid coming to the Senior Bowl. His athleticism immediately popped.

Too many people expected Davenport to have his way with everyone. There was a huge learning curve. The players at the Senior Bowl are better than any he has ever faced before. They're craftier and understand football on a whole new level than he is used to. 

The fact that he took his time to digest it all (looked slow in the process) and then ultimately overcame it (owned Day 3 and the game) should be a medal of honor on how he handles adversity. He didn't back down one bit and he got better as the week went along. 

There is a certain group of websites out there that you have to take with a grain of salt. If that is where you are getting your information from then step back for a moment and think about this whole situation with an unbiased mind. Sometimes people have way too many knee jerk reactions, and many of them have a website to tell you about it. 

I still don't think he's top 10 talent. Others deserve it more. and I know reliable sources

1 hour ago, reidaj1812 said:

another thing that is being overlooked is that what if the browns take barkley and the giants take chubb?

Then my guess is that other teams will be in a bidding war for their favorite QB at 3, meaning Cleveland would then have to match.

There is much less of a price for Cleveland to pay us to move up to get Barkley than to get a QB, so I can't see them drafting Barkley #1.

Either way they are trading up one spot, but, IMO, any comparison to the standard draft value chart gets trashed when you're talking about the first QB off the board,

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Then my guess is that other teams will be in a bidding war for their favorite QB at 3, meaning Cleveland would then have to match.

There is much less of a price for Cleveland to pay us to move up to get Barkley than to get a QB, so I can't see them drafting Barkley #1.

Either way they are trading up one spot, but, IMO, any comparison to the standard draft value chart gets trashed when you're talking about the first QB off the board,

If then the browns trade to move up one spot with us for the 1st qb off the board we could also then trade that pick for the 2nd qb to come off the board. we could get a boat load of picks.

so what I would do is not trade our 3rd pick to anyone but the browns

18 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

I Strongly disagree!

I disagree as well. And go even further to say I wouldn't draft him in the first 3 rounds.  I fully expect him to go in the first but if I was GM I wouldn't.

You can be as big and strong and fast as you'd like but if you can't play football... Well you just can't play football.

For all of his athletic traits he couldn't out athlete people in a lower tier of college football? Not a good sign.  He has 0 technique but so do many of the other lineman... yet still no production.  He looks completely erratic in motion.  Almost as if he lacks basic coordination.... another bad sign.

And his bend in all honesty isn't the greatest. Imo there's going to be a team that will love the fool who drafts this kid in the first round as I think he will be a much better prospect somewhere around his 2nd contract.  But to spend a first on him?  Yea I can't get sold on that.  

I'll say this though.  That length he has wow.  He for sure has special traits just he needs time and proper coaching. 

On 2/1/2018 at 11:58 AM, reidaj1812 said:

another thing that is being overlooked is that what if the browns take barkley and the giants take chubb?

Would kind of be good for us, aside from not getting Chubb. You still have four first round QBs on the board, and now some teams that thought they wouldn't have a chance at them will be dialing like crazy while we're on the clock. I think that Jets at #6 trade becomes super attractive, and you can probably get an extra pick at that point. The Jets would jump in front of Denver and Cleveland and get the best QB on their board. 

3 hours ago, Superman said:

Would kind of be good for us, aside from not getting Chubb. You still have four first round QBs on the board, and now some teams that thought they wouldn't have a chance at them will be dialing like crazy while we're on the clock. I think that Jets at #6 trade becomes super attractive, and you can probably get an extra pick at that point. The Jets would jump in front of Denver and Cleveland and get the best QB on their board. 

I think there are only 10 minutes between picks.  We better have extra phones for Ballard.  He can only talk on one phone at a time.  Could get real crazy.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I think there are only 10 minutes between picks.  We better have extra phones for Ballard.  He can only talk on one phone at a time.  Could get real crazy.

Yea it's only 10. Teams will be swinging for the fences if all of the QB's are available at our pick.

• 3 weeks later...