Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lets Build an O- line Monster!!!

Shadow_Creek

On 1/25/2018 at 10:28 AM, Shadow_Creek said:

Who should we bring in to make this O-line beast like?  weather it be via trade, free agency or draft. I personality liked how Castonzo played this year however would he fit Mcdaniels scheme?

IMO the Oline coach has to be good for any sort of decent O line to happen. For my example look how horrid the Pats O line was when Scar retired. I mean Brady got hit more than a pinyata in the AFC Championship game against Denver.  He comes back and the SAME O line was a ton better.

29 minutes ago, KING. said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Solder retired after the Superbowl, but if he sticks around, here's to hoping Mcdaniels brings him to Indianapolis to play RT.

I don't know if Ballard is willing to pay 13 million a year for him. I highly doubt he will retire being he is only 29 years old.

On 1/25/2018 at 1:32 PM, TdungyW/12 said:

I say we build the O-line through FA bring in some proven vets and then draft some good pass rush, ILB, RB, and in the later rounds comp O-line.

FA is the best way. Find a quality Guard from a team that has a top 15 running game. Will improve the line greatly

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:01 AM, Southern Cal said:

The offensive line is our greatest priority.   We need to protect Luck so he can work his magic.  I like LT Costanzo and C Kelly.  I would love to see Colts sign Norwell for one of the guard positions and draft Nelson for the other guard position. I like Haeg but not sure he is the answer for right tackle.  RT Solder might be good option but if we can't get him I would use 2nd or 3rd round draft pick on a tackle.

Tell 'em,  SC

It doesn't matter what offensive players we draft if we don't get some above-average players in the line.

We have drafted linemen before but we need to draft linemen again..and bring in a veteran guard or tackle

Over 100 sacks against us the last 2 years.

What do Andrew Luck and Jacoby Brissett have in common?  

Pain.

Who should we bring in to make this O-line beast like?  weather it be via trade, free agency or draft. I personality liked how Castonzo played this year however would he fit Mcdaniels scheme?

Yes, we need a much better O-line if Luck is coming back it's a must do. 

Trade back with Arizona for their 15th. Pick up their 1st, 2nd, 4th and 2019 1st. Draft Mike McGlinchey, (OT, Notre Dame) who Walter Sports has ranked as the 17th best in the draft and the highest O-lineman.

The pundits have said that having Andrew behind center is worth at least 7 points a game. That would have given us 10 wins last season putting us in the playoffs...even with our cruddy D as-is. Can you say that about any one player/position on the team. Protecting our QB should be our #1 priority.

On 1/25/2018 at 10:57 AM, Defjamz26 said:

The best and cheapest way to build the monster on O-Line would be to draft Quenton Nelson and Will Hernandez in the first two rounds and sign Soldier to play RT.

That is what I would do.   Get Nelson and sure up the position for years to come.

We were told were gonna build a monster that term has been used at naseum , we got a cookie monster  no more Paganoism's we just need to build a solid line on both sides of the ball . Our weaknesses are glaring we suck in alot of areas as its been for many seasons .  Protect the QB establish a running game , field a defense that can stop the run & maybe we can start winning again . IMO McDaniels will fix the O but the D who's fixin that ? Our D has sucked for decades Dungy was brought in to fix it & so was Pagano . We will not be winning any more SB's with the leagues worst regular season D .