Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To improve the line we must sign these guys

1st signing Ja’Wuan James RT. Was one of the better tackles this season. Should come between the $7-11 million range. We can build a good tackle tandem with James and Anthony

2nd  signing either Pugh or Norman. Norman was an AP player this year but if we cannot get him then we have to go after Pugh. $8 to $13 million range. Depends if a bidding war happens. We get a guard that will finally be reliable.

The line looks better with these signings

1 hour ago, onebad150 said:

Why don't we wait and see how the new HC, OC and offensive line coach do things. It seams we are emphasizing coaches that can teach. Hopefully that new train of thought can develop a Offensive line that is very competitive  without spending a lot of FA money.

We have 85 million in cap. It's not a worry

And I want a good offensive line not a competitive one. 

I’m really hoping we can get both Norwell and Pugh. Norwell will probably get 13 million per year but I think Pugh could be had for around 7 with his injury history. I would not play him at tackle, but getting both of those guys theoretically fixes the guard position. Haeg, Good, and Clark can battle it out for RT. 

4 hours ago, runthepost said:

1st signing Ja’Wuan James RT. Was one of the better tackles this season. Should come between the $7-11 million range. We can build a good tackle tandem with James and Anthony

2nd  signing either Pugh or Norman. Norman was an AP player this year but if we cannot get him then we have to go after Pugh. $8 to $13 million range. Depends if a bidding war happens. We get a guard that will finally be reliable.

The line looks better with these signings

So we must sign James who is already signed, you want Pugh who has a bad back, and there just isn't a guy named Norman. So what the ___?

The Colts could probably fix both the guard spots by selecting any 2 of the following players the cheap way in the draft (Nelson, Price, Hernandez).  My dream scenario is still the Colts trading back with either the Browns, Broncos, or Jets and picking up Nelson plus another 2nd round pick and somehow getting Norwell in FA.  A double trade back with the Browns and Broncos would be even better, but there is a slim chance the cards would fall so favorably for us.  If the Browns take Barkley with the 1st pick,

there may be a chance we can do the double trade back maneuver.

1 hour ago, CHUGGER33 said:

The best O line man to hit FA this year might just be Norwell. Hopefully we go after him hard because that is a very big need for us. Have the cap space to do it if we want. Any guesses on what he wants. 11-12 a yearish?  

More. He will become the highest paid guard in the league.  What are the chances Ballard will be the guy to pay him?  I'm thinking less than 50%.  I hope I'm wrong. 

16 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

More. He will become the highest paid guard in the league.  What are the chances Ballard will be the guy to pay him?  I'm thinking less than 50%.  I hope I'm wrong. 

Prob so. Ballard seems very methodical bout things and that’s a good question to think if he will pay that amount.  However it’s done we need better line play we all can agree on 

3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

So we must sign James who is already signed, you want Pugh who has a bad back, and there just isn't a guy named Norman. So what the ___?

Pugh has had one back injury, last year which landed him on IR, I dont consider 1 injury to equal a bad back.  Pugh has had a handful on other issues (quad, mcl, etc.), but I expect injuries with any player.  All things considered I think the price tag for Norwell will be too high for Ballard and Pugh will be the Ballard’s target in FA.  Further, I think Pugh’s contract will be in the $8 mil per yer range.  FA, the combine and the draft cannot get here soon enough!!!  I dont expect for the Colts to have any sexy picks or pick ups (exept for maybe Barkley), but I think we are headed toward a fun season.

1 hour ago, CHUGGER33 said:

Prob so. Ballard seems very methodical bout things and that’s a good question to think if he will pay that amount.  However it’s done we need better line play we all can agree on 

I think it's more likely we target Pugh because he can play tackle and guard.  I also think we sign Fulton from the Chiefs or Hurst from the Ravens.   Add a couple of draft picks and our line should be upgraded.  I'm still hoping for Norwell though.