Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano was 63-53 in 6 years

oldunclemark

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not joking or kidding here, but could someone try to explain to me how statistically we were so bad this year but were very competitive. We got abused in the 4th qtr. so often, 5 blown 4th qtr leads.. We played hard, that's a tribute to Chuck. The Bengals and raiders quit.(and Marvin Lewis gets an extension-figure that one out). Personally, I thought the defensive schemes and ofensive play calling were bad. Especially late in games. The Buffalo game after Fairly's interception, we don't try to move the ball closer. (and, I know, the 2 point conversion should have counted).

21 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

I'm not joking or kidding here, but could someone try to explain to me how statistically we were so bad this year but were very competitive. We got abused in the 4th qtr. so often, 5 blown 4th qtr leads.. We played hard, that's a tribute to Chuck. The Bengals and raiders quit.(and Marvin Lewis gets an extension-figure that one out). Personally, I thought the defensive schemes and ofensive play calling were bad. Especially late in games. The Buffalo game after Fairly's interception, we don't try to move the ball closer. (and, I know, the 2 point conversion should have counted).

Why? It's all old news that has been gone through too many times as it is.

It's like BR-549 said, time to move on. The past is the past and at this point serves no purpose.

On 01/01/2018 at 4:17 PM, oldunclemark said:

Maybe not but the locker room Sunday has to make you wonder about what fans know..

.....Apparently there was no such outpouring of emotion in the other locker rooms of fired (or to be fired) coaches

Firing a winning coach who is loved by his players is a gamble

Winning coach is a stretch of a statement. He hasn't been winning for the past 3 years.

On 1/1/2018 at 11:10 AM, oldunclemark said:

..He was celebrated after the Colts win Sunday and they gave him the game ball..

Our players loved him

Sometimes as fans we get a twisted perspective of the way things are.

Pagano was very popular and, when Andrew Luck was healthy, the team won...

We were 4-12 this year because Andrew didn't play, not because of any coaching.  

Does simply changing the coach mean we have more winning seasons.....?

If anyone thinks Pagano’s record would not have been better with the 18? guys healthy that we’re on IR, they’re not being very objective. Heck, even one guy (Andrew Luck) would have made a difference.

Hopefully, the new coaching staff will have an improved Oline, Pass rush, playmaker at ILB and healthy secondary. 

To judge Pagano without considering those factors is short-sighted.

Pagano and staff have improved the special teams, run defense and there are indications the secondary can be improved, if they can stay healthy. So, they did do some good. That being said, I trust Ballard who said Chuck did a good job considering the obstacles he had to deal with. If he, (knowing what he knows) thinks a change was needed, so be it.