Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With The First Pick In The Second Round The Colts Select...

The thought of picking up Fleener in the 2nd or 3rd has been lurking around in the back of my mind for a while now. It would make a lot of sense if the 1rst pick goes as expected. The question is, can the Colts afford to take a TE over the other positions of need?

And the answer is no.

It's funny. During the season, every single fan calls for Polian's head because our defense was god awful and it had been for years. And it's the same every year. Then during March and April, people tend to forget how dreadful it was to watch our defense play last year and tend to want the exciting offensive players.

If we go offense in the first round (QB or perhaps WR if we trade down), I will be livid if we don't go defense with the 2nd round. We can get a quality player at the top of the 2nd and if we pass that up for a TE, I will not be a happy camper.

Pagano was quoted as saying he learned from the Raiders that this is a big mans game. Colts should pick the best DT available at the top of the 2nd round. This is a deep draft for DTs and the Colts could probably find a first round value at the top of the second round. A top notch DT allows the Colts to play a 3-4/4-3 combo defense.

that's a horrible mindset when it comes to drafting. what if the best available has a low 2nd round grade?

All I meant was Id prefer more LB depth. Some want D Line depth. Just my opinion. I guarantee we draft a linebacker or two, what we target first is anyones guess.

I think if Reggie is gone then we should take a WR... May be unpopular by saying that but I think WR may be an area we are hurting at this year... I also wouldn't mind seeing a big DT taken there either.

I think O-line could wait until the 3rd or 4th rounds. I think with Castanzo, Reitz, Ijalana and Saturday/ Pollak we are actually pretty set on the O-Line... just need more play time together to gel and one or two more studs to round us out. This may be where FA comes into play tho as well.

Ijalana is still an unproven commodity. Hope he's healthy and turns out to be a great player. Pollak is not starting material IMHO. We need a stud at guard and to keep Saturday until we find someone to take his place who is also capable of planting Vince Woolfork on his ample posterior (The Block).

I do not believe Baron will be there in the 2nd nor Poe.. if baron is then YES Grab Him.., but there is a DT/NT 34 .. that is coming up that we could get in the 3rd/4th unless he rocks it at the combine.. don't know if he will be there tomorrow..

He is projected around the 4th now, but he is rocketing up at a + 253 clip from Drafttek. one of the guys in the forum (sorry for not remembering his handle) has been praising him for awhile and whalah.. here he is up and coming.. few weeks ago he wasn't even on the charts..

4 (148) +253 HicksAkiem.jpgRegina

Akiem Hicks

Sr 6'5" 325

Video

N/A

He rocked it in the Shrine game.. hope he stays where he is and we can get him.

we have not been able to stop the run consistently do to UNDERSIZED linemen that wear out to fast the argument can SERIOUSLY be made Peyton hasnt been EVEN MORE successful at winning ( another superbow;) cause we cant stop the run or pass. WE NEED Dontari Poe, this will allow our linebacker to roam more freely, and at 346lbs He can run!. Luck and then Poe, then a Corner then Guard or Safety IN THAT ORDER, we need to trade Manning Hes 36 get great value for him, we wont know for sure how healthy he is till AFTER march 8th and why do we still have Injury prone wide receivers on our team (Gonzalez) hey he shown talent but isnt healthy ever, last year I forgot he was on the team hes an afterthought now, we need toughness NOT finesse this isnt ballet what happens when speed without size runs directly into a big human wall, HE GETS STUCK, I like Pagano I think he will see the light that previous coaches for the colts have not THINK PHYSICAL GET POE HES A BEAST, now watch we go out and select a wideout DEFENSE wins championships