Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Starting Offense and defense Next Season

dacoltsboi1213

how do you guys think our starting O and D are gonna look next season? heres my take:

Starting Offense:

QB-Luck

WR- Hilton, Rogers

WR- FA/ DRAFT PICK

RB- Marlon Mack/ Draft

TE- Doyle, Swoope

LT- castonzo

LG- DRAFT

Center- Kelly

RG- Kallis/FA

RT- Good/Draft

Defense:

LOLB-Sheard

Rolb- simon

DT-Hankins

De- Anderson

DE- Woods

ILB-DRAFT/FA

ILB- DRAFT/FA

RCB-Melvin/FA

LCB-Wilson

Safety- Hooker

Safety- Geathers

what do you guys think?

1 hour ago, #12. said:

We have no idea who the new coach will be, and that coach will want his own guys.  Given that fact and how this team has performed, the lineup will probably look nothing like it currently does.

But who do you think we are definitely going to keep from the projected starters above?

6 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I think our DL will look the same.  Safeties will hopefully be Hooker and Geathers.  Hopefully Luck will be there.

DL, OLB's, and safeties.

Hairston will still be our nickel.

I feel that the colts are gonna go with Melvin and Wilson at corner...Unless they get Fitzpatrick in the draft.

ILB'S are gonna be gone. Hopefully Edwin Jackson can provide us with good depth.

As far as offense goes, Kelly, Kallis, Costonzo.  

What do you guys think about Good? Is he a  good starter?

its hard to say, we cant just look at an obvious need on the roster and say the draft will fix it

i dont remember one single person saying we should take a free safety in the first round last year

we did draft for need in the second and third round and those guys have barely played this season 

1 hour ago, dacoltsboi1213 said:

But who do you think we are definitely going to keep from the projected starters above?

A lot of things go into it - who the next coach will be, what our offensive and defensive schemes are moving forward, etc.  It's hard to say.

If I had to put money on it, I'd disagree with the first name on your list. I'm afraid that one is going to be Jacoby Brissett rather than Andrew Luck. I'm betting April 26th will tell the tale on 12's long term prospects, but my gut is not liking the way things are going.

I think we should sign Landry or Watkins or Robinson in FA. One of them with TY, and a draft pick(assuming Moncrief walks)? Pretty good offense. 

6 hours ago, Wes Heilman said:

If I had to put money on it, I'd disagree with the first name on your list. I'm afraid that one is going to be Jacoby Brissett rather than Andrew Luck. I'm betting April 26th will tell the tale on 12's long term prospects, but my gut is not liking the way things are going.

Disagree. Nothing points to Luck having a career-ending injury. Heck, even the local guys confirmed that wasn't the case. 

I’m just praying that Hooker is back & fully healthy next season.  Him making a full recovery will be critical to our growth & success the next couple of years. Him coming back ready to roll like Peterson did is my biggest wish for next season.  I’ll let Ballard handle the rest. 

If the Colts got new ILB's (and new DC) I think the defense would actually become pretty good. I think there's quite a bit of talent (minus ILB) but the coaching staff refuses to play to player's strengths. 

If we got a real O-Line (Kelly is good) and a true #1 WR, the offense would be pretty good as well.