Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injuries

MackAttack

I’m sorry I know this has nothing to do with colts football but I didn’t know where else to turn. I’ve watched sports and played them my whole life. But I just watched Gordon Hayward break his leg a second ago in this basketball game, I saw turbo break his arm last night I watched Odell’s leg break, even and especially when 18 broke his neck against Washington and Andrews injuries. I’ve seen so many damn injuries lately that I honestly don’t think I can see it anymore. I don’t know how to continue watching sports when people just go down with horrible life changing injuries left and right. I want to cry honestly when I see an athlete breaking his leg or arm these ways. I just idk man I pray for all the players going through injuries these are people too. So incredibly sad. 

14 minutes ago, MackAttack said:

I’m sorry I know this has nothing to do with colts football but I didn’t know where else to turn. I’ve watched sports and played them my whole life. But I just watched Gordon Hayward break his leg a second ago in this basketball game, I saw turbo break his arm last night I watched Odell’s leg break, even and especially when 18 broke his neck against Washington and Andrews injuries. I’ve seen so many damn injuries lately that I honestly don’t think I can see it anymore. I don’t know how to continue watching sports when people just go down with horrible life changing injuries left and right. I want to cry honestly when I see an athlete breaking his leg or arm these ways. I just idk man I pray for all the players going through injuries these are people too. So incredibly sad. 

It's all the GMOs in the food, man

it weakens muscles and bones, making them brittle, man

Its a monsato- government conspiracy, man

:peek:

13 minutes ago, MackAttack said:

Exaggerate much

Just now, strt182 said:

I hate seeing players get hurt however they are PAID for those risks involved in playing these sports we all know the risks when we sign up for these sports. 

That’s true. I probably did exaggerate here I’m sorry. It just pains me to see it. I played football for a long time and I’ve had my injuries but I never broke anything thank god. That was always my biggest fear growing up. 

As sad as it is, it happens.  Think of all the people that break bones normally just running, falling, rough housing, exercising or playing sports, heck even just walking around.  It's pretty easy to break something, tweak or tear something.  I think the majority of people I've known personally have broken bones, if not multiple bones over their life.  

1 hour ago, MackAttack said:

That’s true. I probably did exaggerate here I’m sorry. It just pains me to see it. I played football for a long time and I’ve had my injuries but I never broke anything thank god. That was always my biggest fear growing up. 

People break bones tripping over their own two feet every day.

you can't live your life in a bubble

2 hours ago, MackAttack said:

There are many worse things happening everyday to people who are much more vulnerable than pro athletes. It's interesting that injuries to pro athletes is the thing that has you so upset.  

It is unfortunate, especially when you see someone young just starting out like Dalvin Cook or someone who makes the sport a better viewing experience like Rodgers, but am I going to cry over the fact these guys have to go through some tough rehab while continuing to earn their millions?  No.  Plenty people go through much worse.

Yes it is sad when someone gets injured. But where is your sadness for the military servicemen and women who get injured and even killed while they do Not make an average of more than a million dollars a year?! Where is your sadness for all the law enforcement and firemen who are injured and even killed every single year?!                                                                                                                                                                                                                               I am trying not to pass judgement here, but perhaps you should reexamine your priorities. Let's be honest and admit that these players are absolutely not in this profession because of their compassion for their fellow man and concern for their country. They are in this line of work for the money and the fame , and nobody can convince me that they are not aware of the risks.

I too am sad for these latest injuries , but I am not going to cry about them as long as so many others suffer for so much lesser reward.                                                          

20 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

As sad as it is, it happens.  Think of all the people that break bones normally just running, falling, rough housing, exercising or playing sports, heck even just walking around.  It's pretty easy to break something, tweak or tear something.  I think the majority of people I've known personally have broken bones, if not multiple bones over their life.  

very good points you brought up. But also to add on to that, think about the people going around doing foolish pranks or stunts that get there body parts injured as well.