Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trubisky Gets To Start.

King Colt

It was a no-brainer.  Glennon actually looked decent week one vs Falcons, but since then he has been everything but the veteran QB who looks after the ball that they were looking for.

Fox will be praying for Mitch to come in and do the business or he could be out the door.

Also, good news for those planning to watch MNF, makes for a much more interesting spectacle, as opposed to Glennon ns Keenum.

4 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

It was a no-brainer.  Glennon actually looked decent week one vs Falcons, but since then he has been everything but the veteran QB who looks after the ball that they were looking for.

Fox will be praying for Mitch to come in and do the business or he could be out the door.

Also, good news for those planning to watch MNF, makes for a much more interesting spectacle, as opposed to Glennon ns Keenum.

I think Trubisky is in for a rude awakening. This isn't the preseason...and Chicago has absolutely no recievers on that team....like no playmakers. Glennon has played bad but he had nothing to work with...forcing balls often times. I think they had to go to Trubisky to save jobs because at least they can chalk the season up to getting the kid ready but yeah...I expect a LOT of growing pains. This isn't Dallas with the best OL in football and pro bowl RB and WR. Chicago is devoid of talent on the offensive side of the ball outside a couple decent running backs.

Anyone paying attention knew this was going to to happen eventually.

Glennon wasn't going to make the Bears into winners, so Trubinski was going to be brought out eventually.

Hes' going to have a tough time though.  First he's starting his first start against a tough defense in the Vikings.  On top of that he doesn't have very good WR's or TE's.  The only positive is that he has a decent run game.  

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think Trubisky is in for a rude awakening. This isn't the preseason...and Chicago has absolutely no recievers on that team....like no playmakers. Glennon has played bad but he had nothing to work with...forcing balls often times. I think they had to go to Trubisky to save jobs because at least they can chalk the season up to getting the kid ready but yeah...I expect a LOT of growing pains. This isn't Dallas with the best OL in football and pro bowl RB and WR. Chicago is devoid of talent on the offensive side of the ball outside a couple decent running backs.

Chicago doesn't have great receivers, but they have depth and good receivers including Kendall Wright, Josh Bellamy, and Kevin White, who are solid 2/3 receivers.  They are just missing a true #1.

As far as their O-line, it's actually not bad, Glennon wasn't getting hit against the Packers, in fact he had more time than Rogers.  He just isn't a good decision maker.   Then there is the fact that they have two very good running backs to support Trubinsky and keep defenses honest. The Bears have a well rounded team and if Trubinsky is successful, it could be a completely different team.  Granted, I think he will take some time to get adjusted to the NFL, unlike Watson. 

18 minutes ago, Corndog said:

Chicago doesn't have great receivers, but they have depth and good receivers including Kendall Wright, Josh Bellamy, and Kevin White, who are solid 2/3 receivers.  They are just missing a true #1.

As far as their O-line, it's actually not bad, Glennon wasn't getting hit against the Packers, in fact he had more time than Rogers.  He just isn't a good decision maker.   Then there is the fact that they have two very good running backs to support Trubinsky and keep defenses honest. The Bears have a well rounded team and if Trubinsky is successful, it could be a completely different team.  Granted, I think he will take some time to get adjusted to the NFL, unlike Watson. 

Kevin White is on IR.  Guy is the definition of injury prone.  

While their WR talent isn't as lacking as say the Jets, they still don't have play makers there.  And that is going to make it tough for Trubinsky.  

I live in Illinois and Bears fans desperately want him to start.  I don't think they have anything to lose but Glennon isn't the only issue.  There line can't run block(which that's what they are built on) (running) and the receivers aren't getting separation.  If Trubisky gets in there and throws 2 or 3 picks, not many Bears fans are going to complain because they'd rather the team roll with the rookie.  I hope he's successful.  I think they have a good chance at beating the Vikings on Monday if Bradford is out. 

4 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Kevin White is on IR.  Guy is the definition of injury prone.  

While their WR talent isn't as lacking as say the Jets, they still don't have play makers there.  And that is going to make it tough for Trubinsky.  

Exactly...Bellamy and Wright are barely startable caliber wrs....and Kevin White while a high draft pick hasn't done squat...and yes is out for the season likely. If I remember correct their TE Miller is pretty solid but man they don't have guys that can separate and make big plays...means tighter windows and that you have to work extra hard to sustain drives...it isn't going to be easy for Mitch.

On 10/4/2017 at 4:43 PM, dgambill said:

Exactly...Bellamy and Wright are barely startable caliber wrs....and Kevin White while a high draft pick hasn't done squat...and yes is out for the season likely. If I remember correct their TE Miller is pretty solid but man they don't have guys that can separate and make big plays...means tighter windows and that you have to work extra hard to sustain drives...it isn't going to be easy for Mitch.

It is going to be the classic "RBs and TEs" need to help out the rookie QB scenario, IMO.

Howard and Cohen are going to be the key play makers. Plus, Cohen is one of the few play makers they have and if John Fox does not open his eyes and recognize it, he will be gone, just like Jeff Fisher.