Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players listed out Sunday

Indyfan4life

Ole Chuckles throwing the game already :)

Me too on Mack being back would help as Gore, Turbin and Jones are all similar backs in their skill set whereas Mack can be more explosive when (and I sure hope not) we go conservative and continually run it up the gut for small gains.

On the other hand if we get behind by a couple scores probably won't matter anyway.

55 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

What will the Colts other running backs do without Mack's 1.3 YPC........

Hopefully they can pump that number up to like 2.0 YPC and equal Gore's output from last week.

27 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Hopefully they can pump that number up to like 2.0 YPC and equal Gore's output from last week.

Considering the Colts ran basically the same run up the middle for the entire second half I am amazed it was that high. Everyone watching the game last week, including the Browns coaches, had a pretty good idea what play was coming on each possession. It makes it easy for the defense.

Mack is just happy he got that 24 yard run in the first game, else he would have a negative average ypc. 16 carries for 21 yards, with a long of 24, yet people complain about Gore's production. 

20 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Considering the Colts ran basically the same run up the middle for the entire second half I am amazed it was that high. Everyone watching the game last week, including the Browns coaches, had a pretty good idea what play was coming on each possession. It makes it easy for the defense.

Mack is just happy he got that 24 yard run in the first game, else he would have a negative average ypc. 16 carries for 21 yards, with a long of 24, yet people complain about Gore's production. 

It makes you wander what some people are watching or if they are 

5 hours ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Regardless if Mack is playing or not, we have along with Packers a weak RB corp. 

The reason some colt fans want to see Mack is he may give us that element of Big Play, speed, explosiveness we haven't had in a long time, and we want to see what he brings.

We know what gore brings. 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Except last week it was 2 yards and a cloud of dust.

You mentioned Mack had a 24 yard gain in the first game. So in limited carries this season he's already matched gore's 20 yard gains from all of last season.

5 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Regardless if Mack is playing or not, we have along with Packers a weak RB corp. 

The reason some colt fans want to see Mack is he may give us that element of Big Play, speed, explosiveness we haven't had in a long time, and we want to see what he brings.

We know what gore brings. 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Except last week it was 2 yards and a cloud of dust.

You mentioned Mack had a 24 yard gain in the first game. So in limited carries this season he's already matched gore's 20 yard gains from all of last season.

That 1 run is fine but you can't just ignore the results of the other 15

17 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

That must be one pretty bad shoulder injury.  A Dallas Cowboy running back once played a game with an entire arm practically immobilized.  That took some heart.

Our coaching staff being extra cautious. Davis injured his groin and was out for weeks. Meanwhile baldwin injures his and will play

2 hours ago, ClaytonColt said:

Mack hasnt had anywhere to run. Most of the time when he was in the defense was in the backfield as soon as he got the hand off. Not only that but they arent calling enough screens to him. They need to watch the chiefs and learn how to call running plays more creatively.

5 hours ago, ClaytonColt said:

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

Jones is a fumbler keep the ball in gore and turbins hands

So I guess you guys are suggesting Ballard Missed on Mack and shouldn't have signed Jones.

6 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

So I guess you guys are suggesting Ballard Missed on Mack and shouldn't have signed Jones.

Well, we could of taken Kareem Hunt in the 3rd, and I have no evidence except for my memory on this, but I believe Ballard had interest in Hunt during the draft process. Mack isn't starting his career off well, all I can say.

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

Our coaching staff being extra cautious. Davis injured his groin and was out for weeks. Meanwhile baldwin injures his and will play

There are different degrees of groin injuries Anyone who's ever tried to play with a pulled groin knows you can't run. It was feared Davis may need surgery if I recall correctly. 

On 9/30/2017 at 7:50 AM, Stephen said:

Mack hasnt had anywhere to run. Most of the time when he was in the defense was in the backfield as soon as he got the hand off. Not only that but they arent calling enough screens to him. They need to watch the chiefs and learn how to call running plays more creatively.

Im wondering to myself how much of your statement Ballard also recognizes. He has fresh eyes, and in a good position right now to have fresh eyes.