Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Practice, Injuries, Stats, & More

TKnight24

9 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

That's a lot of beef.  Hopefully we can get the ground game going early.  Grind that defense down.

We need to get it going Early.  I don't want a situation where Jacoby has to sit back there and Chuck the ball down the field multiple times because we could not get anywhere on the ground.  On the flip side with Myles Garrett being out the Browns really won't have any pass rush so there may be some room to get aggressive.   Especially if they have to blitz to get any pressure.  I just don't want him to be forced into it.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

We need to get it going Early.  I don't want a situation where Jacoby has to sit back there and Chuck the ball down the field multiple times because we could not get anywhere on the ground.    On the flip side with Myles Garrett being out the Browns

really won't have any pass rush so there may be some room to get aggressive.  I just don't want him to be forced into it.

Agree.  Chud had a really good game plan the first half and had Arizona on their heels.  For some reason he went away from it the second and became very predictable.  Maybe caused by lack of playbook knowledge by JB?

I think I'm more concerned about our corners this week.  I don't want to see Butler out there again.  Let Green give it another shot.

4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Agree.  Chud had a really good game plan the first half and had Arizona on their heels.  For some reason he went away from it the second and became very predictable.  Maybe caused by lack of playbook knowledge by JB?

I think I'm more concerned about our corners this week.  I don't want to see Butler out there again.  Let Green give it another shot.

I'm fine with Butler as a dime or nickel corner.  I think we will see the same safety duo of Hooker and Farley.  I don't really want to see Butler back at safety unless he's playing underneath situationally as a Robber.   Vontae should be playing so he and Melvin should be okay.  Hairston will man the nickel and I assume Butler will play the Dime over Kenny Moore.  I think we should be okay.    I'm a little curious to see how the pass rush pans out.   The Browns have some good OL, although the QB is inexperienced.  Maybe he'll continue on his trend of sitting in the pocket too long and we can get a couple.

6 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

I wouldn't start Green. Play Hairston on the outside, put Butler in the slot.

If Davis is back then we are back to our projected staters Davis and Melvin. If not then I'd give Hairston or Desir the start. I don't know how he's looked in practice. We have Desir on the roster too. I'm with you I'd start with a cornerback at CB. If we planned on playing Green at corner then we should have made the position change sooner.