Pagano - Tolzien vs Caldwell - Painter

Blue Horseshoe

Pagano - Tolzien vs Caldwell - Painter  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which duo is better

• Chuck Pagano and Scott Tolzien
    • Jim Caldwell and Curtis Painter

5 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

I went with Caldwell and Painter because the goal that year was to suck for kick and they did their job.

thats not true. they were trying to win games, the roster was just horrible

we do appreciate you thinking the colts could never be that bad naturally though 

23 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

I went with Caldwell and Painter because the goal that year was to suck for kick and they did their job.

Not true at all...... There is ZERO way you get 53 guys to buy into that nonsense plus the coaches, most of which were FIRED after the season.  Nuts.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Not true at all...... There is ZERO way you get 53 guys to buy into that nonsense plus the coaches, most of which were FIRED after the season.  Nuts.

there wouldn't have been any need to.  Think about it...you need your team to lose without looking like it's trying to lose.  As you said, there's no way you're getting that many people to buy into that.  However, you really only need one guy..just one.  And that's whoever is running the offense/calling plays.  You could have the '85 Bears defense but if your offense is completely and utterly inept, that defense is going to get worn out quickly...every game. We didn't have the '85 Bears defense that year..far from it. lol

Who was the one guy that was heldover from that regime?  Clyde Christiansen..the guy who was running the offense and calling the plays during the 2011 season.  I'm not saying that it was a tank job, but so many people have made the same claim..it's too big a conspiracy..no way you get the whole team to buy into it etc etc...but if you really think about it, this could be done with very few people actually involved.

Just now, J@son said:

there wouldn't have been any need to.  Think about it...you need your team to lose without looking like it's trying to lose.  As you said, there's no way you're getting that many people to buy into that.  However, you really only need one guy..just one.  And that's whoever is running the offense/calling plays.  You could have the '85 Bears defense but if your offense is completely and utterly inept, that defense is going to get worn out quickly...every game. We didn't have the '85 Bears defense that year..far from it. lol

Who was the one guy that was heldover from that regime?  Clyde Christiansen..the guy who was running the offense and calling the plays during the 2011 season.  I'm not saying that it was a tank job, but so many people have made the same claim..it's too big a conspiracy..no way you get the whole team to buy into it etc etc...but if you really think about it, this could be done with very few people actually involved.

I get what you're saying. but again, highly doubtful. It would mean that somehow Jim Irsay went directly to Clyde and somehow get him to tank it, while taking a demotion to QB coach? 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I get what you're saying. but again, highly doubtful. It would mean that somehow Jim Irsay went directly to Clyde and somehow get him to tank it, while taking a demotion to QB coach? 

Isn't a demotion better than getting fired?  I just never could come up with any better reason why Clyde was kept around. lol

In all seriousness, no I don't think they tanked that year.  I just think Caldwell and Christiansen at that time were simply too inept to get by without Peyton.

5 minutes ago, J@son said:

Isn't a demotion better than getting fired?  I just never could come up with any better reason why Clyde was kept around. lol

In all seriousness, no I don't think they tanked that year.  I just think Caldwell and Christiansen at that time were simply too inept to get by without Peyton.

Honestly, I think Clyde was kept due to his relationship with Peyton.  I think they had all intentions at first of keeping Manning. Now why he was kept after the fact, I think he was kept with the intention of working with Luck based on his work with Manning.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Honestly, I think Clyde was kept due to his relationship with Peyton.  I think they had all intentions at first of keeping Manning. Now why he was kept after the fact, I think he was kept with the intention of working with Luck based on his work with Manning.

that most likely was the reasoning behind it...but his complete lack of making any type of adjustments to the offense until they put Orlovsky in the game late in the season was enough for me.  I wanted him on the same plane out of town that Caldwell was on.  But...all that is over and done with.