Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Operation Clown Face...

Buck Showalter

2 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Baltimore choked a game away that they had a 14 point lead in....twice

Keep blaming Deflategate all you want...But they choked that game away when they had it in the bag. Deflated balls didn't make Joe Flacco throw that bad interception late in the game. 

Plus, this is Baltimore...before the deflated balls thing, John Harbaugh was going nuts over the trick play pass from Edleman...That team can't handle losing without coming up with conspiracy theories. Kinda reminds me of Brad Childress and his whiny Vikings team. Another team of sore losers that made up a big conspiracy theory rather than admitting they turned the ball over 5 times and lost it off that. 

Deflategate was one of the dumbest controversies in recent NFL history. I'm sure if it was another team and not New England, people would think different. Aaron Rodgers flat out said he likes to have a big ball over-inflated....Most of the NFL thought it was ridiculous. Outside of la la land in Indy and Baltimore, the rest of the NFL thought it was dumb as hell. 

There used to be a time when instead of blaming the refs and making up conspiracy theories, fans agreed on one thing and that was getting home field advantage for the playoffs. This theory comes from the 1981 Chargers, and how failing to get home field in the playoffs led to them having to travel to Cincinnati for the AFCCG which is known as the "freezer bowl" and played at -50 degrees. Their high powered offense became useless in a major cold weather game...Watch the Missing Rings documentary on that team and they specifically talk about the importance of having home field advantage in the playoffs to avoid something catastrophic like that. Maybe that's what Baltimore and Indy should've done in 2014 so they wouldn't have had to travel to Foxboro in the first place..

It's not a conspiracy theory tho.

They clearly tampered with the football's. The Ravens suspected it and they were right. 

You can think it's stupid if you want. But the only reason to do what they did was to gain an edge, which is the very definition of cheating.

And the only thing the Rogers statement tells me is that Qbs do have a preference and Brady likely did it. It's the exact same thing as a pitcher doctoring a baseball or a hitter corking his bat, which has always been considered cheating.

14 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Keep blaming Deflategate all you want...But they choked that game away when they had it in the bag. Deflated balls didn't make Joe Flacco throw that bad interception late in the game. 

Plus, this is Baltimore...before the deflated balls thing, John Harbaugh was going nuts over the trick play pass from Edleman...That team can't handle losing without coming up with conspiracy theories. Kinda reminds me of Brad Childress and his whiny Vikings team. Another team of sore losers that made up a big conspiracy theory rather than admitting they turned the ball over 5 times and lost it off that. 

Deflategate was one of the dumbest controversies in recent NFL history. I'm sure if it was another team and not New England, people would think different. Aaron Rodgers flat out said he likes to have a big ball over-inflated....Most of the NFL thought it was ridiculous. Outside of la la land in Indy and Baltimore, the rest of the NFL thought it was dumb as hell. 

There used to be a time when instead of blaming the refs and making up conspiracy theories, fans agreed on one thing and that was getting home field advantage for the playoffs. This theory comes from the 1981 Chargers, and how failing to get home field in the playoffs led to them having to travel to Cincinnati for the AFCCG which is known as the "freezer bowl" and played at -50 degrees. Their high powered offense became useless in a major cold weather game...Watch the Missing Rings documentary on that team and they specifically talk about the importance of having home field advantage in the playoffs to avoid something catastrophic like that. Maybe that's what Baltimore and Indy should've done in 2014 so they wouldn't have had to travel to Foxboro in the first place..

Had the balls been tested in the Ravens game, Home Field would be been in Indy's Dome, so your theory is fraudulent.

15 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Not really sure why you call it dumb, they cheated. Lets say you and I were in a FT contest regarding Basketball and you had a regulation ball to shoot but mine was a tad smaller where you couldn't notice it. Later you noticed it after shooting with it, would you consider me cheating? That would give me a huge advantage. You then reported it to the people holding contest and they just laughed it off. I think you would be pretty upset.

23 hours ago, Synthetic said:

What a stupid post lol

On 9/16/2017 at 9:47 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not really sure why you call it dumb, they cheated. Lets say you and I were in a FT contest regarding Basketball and you had a regulation ball to shoot but mine was a tad smaller where you couldn't notice it. Later you noticed it after shooting with it, would you consider me cheating? That would give me a huge advantage. You then reported it to the people holding contest and they just laughed it off. I think you would be pretty upset.

Decent analogy, one of the better ones I've heard. It touches on the slightness of the infraction, but still establishes the intent and clear breaking of the established rule...

On 9/16/2017 at 2:15 PM, Flying Elvis said:

goodell.clown.patricia.png

Ha, I'd like to see someone come up with a clown nose picture for Bellichek & Brady too...

The original shirts are pretty funny I guess, especially if you hold such a high disdain for Goodell like the Pats & Saints fan-bases do...

But I'd never wear one of those shirts, the ones that I thought were more clever, were the Fee, Fi, Fo Fum, shirts that some graphics company was selling in Indy right before the Giants-Pats Superbowl in Indy, that had a giant hand or foot squishing a 'patriot'. Those seemed more light-hearted & in the spirit of sport... 

On 9/8/2017 at 4:20 PM, Synthetic said:

Given how Goodell has screwed up so many things in recent years, the joke is still on him for being a clown that no one respects at all. 

When the day comes that he decides to screw with your team, you'll learn the hard way that the commissioner is a joke and everything is a show to protect "integrity" and all those other excuses... 

The Saints actually broke rules and were punished for it, as they should have been. Goodell was 100% right when he did that, and I'm far from a fan of Goodell.