Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard Press Conference

TKnight24

3 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Having Ballard talking about him being bad in OTAs and practice sure won't help his cause. Maybe's that is the truth though. Obviously, they don't like him. But do I hope he gets a chance somewhere else.

Hey,  I hope so too.

I like the kid and publicly said I'd like to see more of him during the pre-season.    I wanted to see as much of Morris as possible.

I hope he gets himself together and lands with another team.     I'm not hoping he flames out.    I'd like to see him have some success somewhere down the road...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I've been very upset about Morris being late go, I still am, but I can accept Ballard's point of view and I can see how they arrived to their decision to keep Tolzien over Morris. I remember early reports from training camp saying how the ball used to hit the ground a lot. 

This being said I don't agree with "consistency" argument. The way I understand it is Tolzien has been consistently mediocre from OTAs to TC, while Morris has evolved from subpar to better than Tolzien. Who do you keep in that case? I know who I would.

Anyway, like someone else here said this is now a moot point. Let's hope Brissett is as good as they think he is and takes over soon, or, even better, Luck comes back soon.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm sure you're right.

But I don't follow Venturi and so I didn't know that until your post.

And during the past few weeks,  when I've been speculating about Morris in thread after thread about why Morris wasn't passing Tolzein on the depth chart,  I'd be putting out my theory and I don't recall anyone chiming in with the 411 that Venturi has been sayng that for a year.     Interesting.    Or maybe someone did and I just didn't see it.     Always possible.

Wasn't trying to take any credit.    I was only offering my speculation because it was the only thing that made sense to me.

I'm rarely a big fan of the mob mentality when people start writing strange posts about how clear and obvious things are and why does't the GM, or HC, or OC know that they are wrong and the fan base is right?!?      That almost never works for me.

I didn't figure you were aware of the Venturi comments, I was more chiming in because someone else was saying they'd heard that explanation from the media, and it was likely from Venturi. He said the same thing last preseason when everyone was having a fit about Morris vs. Tolzien. 

And you're right, usually the mob mentality is fed by a refusal to acknowledge that we don't know everything the staff knows. On top of that, what we do know is more important than whatever information the staff has, even though we don't know what information the staff has. 

8 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Guess I will need a new name soon

I like your name.  Maybe you will only have to change your avatar to the new Colts lock down corner when one emerges.  Might take awhile but there will be another eventually.   Lol.   In the meantime, we will just hope Vontae can get healthy and return close to form.

On 9/4/2017 at 1:05 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I'm forecasting a cornerback with our first pick.       I don't see Vonte coming back.

Then OLB.....    then a safety.        

Yes,  defensive picks with our first three rounds.......      again.

My thoughts exactly. He may see potential in Green as a CB but that doesn't meant that he'll definitely workout at CB or that he'll even be a starter if he does successfully make the transition. I think Wilson and a draft pick are the starters next year. Plus Hairston may get the starting NB role.