Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TJ Green Updates

TKnight24

18 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Because we live in an instant gratification society.  I am not saying I agree with it, frankly I am with you in terms of this should be expected but for a lot of people in this world patience is a lost art.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks to 8818 for putting the hammer right on the head of the nail.

Patience is indeed a lost art.......

I enjoyed the discussion regarding Green. I believe that he will develop on the same trajectory swoope has since joining the team. Remember, Swoope was learning football from the moment he joined our team. Swoope was also just a pure athlete but not so much a good football player. He is devloping into quite the athletic TE who can run, catch, and block. His measurables are rare.

With that being said, I believe Green is in that exact same category. Once the game begins to make sense, I believe we will be seeing a more reactive and involved Green. 

And on a site note, I also enjoyed the random banter about the baseball childhood memories between two older members ;)

I enjoyed the discussion regarding Green. I believe that he will develop on the same trajectory swoope has since joining the team. Remember, Swoope was learning football from the moment he joined our team. Swoope was also just a pure athlete but not so much a good football player. He is devloping into quite the athletic TE who can run, catch, and block. His measurables are rare.

With that being said, I believe Green is in that exact same category. Once the game begins to make sense, I believe we will be seeing a more reactive and involved Green. 

And on a site note, I also enjoyed the random banter about the baseball childhood memories between two older members ;)

The difference is that safety is a much harder position to learn. Basketball players make the transition to TE rather easily. Running, catching, and using your body to shield defenders from the ball is basketball 101 and easily translates to the football field. The only thing they really have to learn is how to run routes and block. Safety requires an elite skill set to be good at. In addition to good measureables you need play recognition , zone and sometimes man coverage skills, an ability to read the QB, and tackling ability. Things like instincts and football IQ are not teachable. There's a reason Hooker was the highest ranked safety with Jamal Adams. Also Swoope was an UDFA so it's okay that he didn't know football. Green was a 2nd round pick, so it's unacceptable that he isn't even good at football.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Because we live in an instant gratification society.  I am not saying I agree with it, frankly I am with you in terms of this should be expected but for a lot of people in this world patience is a lost art.

I think colts fans have just ran out of patience which is understandable. But patience is a virtue one we will need

18 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

I hope it's not me, BR549 or RR7 that you calling old!  We're not old, it was only yesterday that we were pitching to Shoeless Joe Jackson and Wee Willy Keeler.

I like the part about him focusing on special teams....look if he ends up as good as Matthew Slater or Steve Tasker that alone would justify his 2nd round pick even if he never played a down at safety...but I think he can grow from the special team play and still help on defense in the secondary.