Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2017-2018 thread

12 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I don't agree with that. The guy won two national championships. I don't care that he had a good defense. It's hard to win one national championship with a game manager, let alone two

Never said he was bad just not sure he was dynamic

Saban tends to recruit GM QBs 

Sabann's QBs at Michigan St./LSU/Ala rarely have success at the next level but the D stars and to a lesser extent his RBs have put their name on the NFL/CFL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Waiting on Harbaugh vs Michigan St, watching my Cubs right now.

Just saw Rizzo hit a 2 run bomb. I hate the Cubs lol. But like you, I'm ready for Michigan State at Michigan. And then Pac 12 games late night. Good thing I have plenty of beer

Just now, Luck is Good said:

Just saw Rizzo hit a 2 run bomb. I hate the Cubs lol. But like you, I'm ready for Michigan State at Michigan. And then Pac 12 games late night. Good thing I have plenty of beer

Yeah you stinkin Whitesox fan haha :sarcasm:. No I cant wait for the Michigan game either, should be a great one. Michigan St is pretty good and that is a gigantic rivalry.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Great win by MSU tonight we really should have beat ND I know we could have won had we not had so many costly plays we took down Michigan still got to play Penn St and OSU 

Great win but would the result has been the same in better weather and/or with Speight starting

17 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Sounds like hes ok. Not sure I've ever seen a player have a seizure like that on the bench.

The Minnesota Golden Gophers' former head coach would have seizures on the field frequently. He resigned last year, I think partly to take care of his health. There have been NFL players who had a history of seizure disorders. Future HoF OL Alan Fanaca and former Raven Samari Rolle had a history of seizures. 

Hope the kid is ok. If he has a history of seizures, he should be ok. If this came out of nowhere, then there is reason to be concerned.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

The Minnesota Golden Gophers' former head coach would have seizures on the field frequently. He resigned last year, I think partly to take care of his health. There have been NFL players who had a history of seizure disorders. Future HoF OL Alan Fanaca and former Raven Samare Rolle had a history of seizures. 

Hope the kid is ok. If he has a history of seizures, he should be ok. If this came out of nowhere, then there is reason to be concerned.

I think this is his first and it just depends and there could be several reasons why 

I really had to keep things in check during college so I wouldn't get sick 

11 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I think this is his first and it just depends and there could be several reasons why 

I really had to keep things in check during college so I wouldn't get sick 

It must have been difficult. How did you "keep things in check"?  You have to make sure you eat well and sleep at least 7 hours/day. Sleep deprivation is a trigger. 

I hope the kid is alright.  They have to find out what triggered his seizure. Did he sustain a head injury?

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It must have been difficult. How did you "keep things in check"?  You have to make sure you eat and sleep. Sleep deprivation is a trigger. 

I hope the kid is alright.  They have to find out what triggered his seizure. Did he sustain a head injury?

Not that I know of. He just collapsed on the sideline.

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It must have been difficult. How did you "keep things in check"?  You have to make sure you eat and sleep. Sleep deprivation is a trigger. 

He is one of the backup QBs so I am not sure 

My Story

My biggest problem during College was getting used to the medicine since I did not have my first episode as a HS Junior started on medicine as a Senior

After my Freshman Year

I never had a class before 9 my time

Would have multiple off days during the week

rarely partied

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It must have been difficult. How did you "keep things in check"?  You have to make sure you eat well and sleep at least 7 hours/day. Sleep deprivation is a trigger. 

It has been 20 plus years since my first and no one knows why I have mine or really what triggered it or why I can only take a certain kind of medicine 

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It has been 20 plus years since my first and no one knows why I have mine or really what triggered it or why I can only take a certain kind of medicine 

There could be so many reasons. Head injuries is a big cause of seizure. 

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

School Schedule(he is a Junior-so he would be in his Major classes) plus practices/travel and such plus any EC activities 

Yes that could be the case but I think it is only if he has a history of seizures or if he is predisposed to having it. "Predisposed" may not be the right word. What I mean is if he had epilepsy but the symptoms were not visible, what you describe (heavy workload, travel, etc) could certainly lead to a seizure breakthrough. However if he had no signs of having epilepsy (absent seizures, simple partials, etc), I don't think the heavy workload is enough to give him seizures. But you never know.