Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

32 minutes ago, Jules said:

Of course teams get blown out. Seen it with the best in the east this year several times already. Seen the Cavs look like crap several times this year. Seen the Celtics lose to the banged up Heat and a few stupid teams etc.

Seen the Wizards lose to some bad teams.

It happens. And you can't show up every night. Boston usually doesn't lose more then a couple in a row though and Lebron usually does bounce back with his team.

Problem is are the Pacers set up later to flip a switch? Nobody is expecting the Pacers this year to be a real threat. The reputation for them is simply not there yet currently. Even when asked about the east last night Lebron only mentioned the Celtics/Raptors/Wizards.

Don't overreact to a losing (or a winning) streak. Its the NBA

Victor Oladipo returns Saturday against the Bulls

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Thank you.  You make my point.

People love Stevens because he coached Butler.     That's Okay.

But it means you're biased towards him. You think he's great in Boston because he coached at Butler and you liked him. . You do see that, right?

Chuck Pagano led his team to the AFC title game (the football equivalent of the conference finals) and believe me.

No one has EVER called him great. Because hes not a 'great guy" ??   

In the real world, you and I have no idea if Brad Stevens  is, as you say,  a good guy. You want to believe he is because he coached here.You're a fan.. IT makes you see things that aren't yet there.  I'm not from Indy and have no allegiance or interest in Butler or the Boston Celtics so I don't share your love for your guy Brad. That's okay both ways

But greatness is a high standard and, to me, Brad Stevens is nowhere near it yet

Stevens took Butler to 2 straight National Title Games, that college will never sniff the Final 4 again. Had Hayward returned his senior year, Stevens would've won it all. Butler was nothing before Stevens arrived. Also he has a solid record with Boston so far. The guy is an incredible Coach so just stop the hate!

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Stevens took Butler to 2 straight National Title Games, that college will never sniff the Final 4 again. Had Hayward returned his senior year, Stevens would've won it all. Butler was nothing before Stevens arrived. Also he has a solid record with Boston so far. The guy is an incredible Coach so just stop the hate!

You are such a fan boy for Stevens...  He is kinda cute.

He is not a great NBA coach yet.   You have to wait until he wins. You know what it takes to be great in the pros

I dont have to tell you.

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tell him Cubs rule, that will drive him nuts lmao. Actually if you were a Yankees fan that would irk him. Luckily you aren't. RedSox fans hate the Yankees.

Believe it or not........my ex who I was with years ago for years was a real Yankees fan. lmao And I told my fiance about this and his eyes GOT DARK. Then he snapped back to normal a few seconds later lmao I swear I could say anything on the planet but the fact I was once with a Yankees fan is like the worst thing in the world. :lol: I could say I did this or that or thought this and thats fine. But "Yankees fan". lmao 

It's like being Drew Barrymore in Fever Pitch at times.:lol:

You aren't wrong though with your previous assessments on the Boston fanbase. Yes the other pro teams are huge.......but the Red Sox will always be "the baby" of Boston. Celtics and Bruins have fun cult followings however. The Pats thing is just well that........they win all the time and people are used to it and expect it. In fact, I saw the birth of the rabid Pats fanbase develop when the Pats beat the Rams in 2001 and I remember CLEARLY when half of Boston if not more wanted Bledsoe to start the Super Bowl. lmao 

Also as a woman I never got much hate at all. I think most have often respected that I knew my football and that for a while there we were great. Most hate I heard was more for Polian and then later for Grigson. Peyton even signed loads of autographs for Pats fans before when he has been there. 

But I will try to get maybe a bit more into baseball later on when basketball is done for the year. Maybe you all here can give me some pointers.

57 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

No. Actually, you did......Cavs have lost more than a couple by more than 15

They just lost 4 in a row........and they've been blown out

""Good teams don't lose multiple games by 15""  Why would you say something crazy like that?

Come on. Its the NBA.

Cant make absolute statements like that. They're always wrong.

The Pacers will be fine.. Its a losing streak. Not our first. Not our last

I didn't say any of that, I didn't bring up the Cavs. That's you. They're going to be in the Finals more than likely. The Pacers are rapidly falling out of contention for the playoffs and being exposed in the process. That's not fine.

Do you just make up conversations in your mind that aren't happening?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You are such a fan boy for Stevens...  He is kinda cute.

He is not a great NBA coach yet.   You have to wait until he wins. You know what it takes to be great in the pros

I dont have to tell you.

He is so dreamy.......sigh.

Just a baby faced adult nerd. Happy sigh........

But he already has shown he has what it takes in the pros. lmao You act like he bumbles around clueless half the time.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Thank you.  You make my point.

People love Stevens because he coached Butler.     That's Okay.

But it means you're biased towards him. You think he's great in Boston because he coached at Butler and you liked him. . You do see that, right?

Chuck Pagano led his team to the AFC title game (the football equivalent of the conference finals) and believe me.

No one has EVER called him great. Because hes not a 'great guy" ??   

In the real world, you and I have no idea if Brad Stevens  is, as you say,  a good guy. You want to believe he is because he coached here.You're a fan.. IT makes you see things that aren't yet there.  I'm not from Indy and have no allegiance or interest in Butler or the Boston Celtics so I don't share your love for your guy Brad. That's okay both ways

But greatness is a high standard and, to me, Brad Stevens is nowhere near it yet

Yes much of it started with his time at Butler. He was like a young guy in his early 30's who was kicking butt and going head to head against powerhouses like Duke. It was infectious and still is. 

I enjoy Brad Stevens and his teams and always have. Nothing to be ashamed of. He's a top basketball mind and a great leader for young players.

And btw I do like the Pacers too, I just do not get to see them play very often so I often follow them without seeing them enough. But I want them to do well.

As for greatness, be patient too........he will be around for a while in Boston with good teams. 

Can't keep going in circles on this. Some of us here love Stevens and yes ties to Indy don't hurt, makes a Boston team more likable. But we go in circles on this a lot with Stevens but just have to deal with the fact many of us like him to some degree.

I happen to LOVE him. lmao 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I didn't say any of that, I didn't bring up the Cavs. That's you. They're going to be in the Finals more than likely. The Pacers are rapidly falling out of contention for the playoffs and being exposed in the process. That's not fine.

Do you just make up conversations in your mind that aren't happening?

The 15-point thing is a not a serious discussion point

6 minutes ago, Jules said:

Believe it or not........my ex who I was with years ago for years was a real Yankees fan. lmao And I told my fiance about this and his eyes GOT DARK. Then he snapped back to normal a few seconds later lmao I swear I could say anything on the planet but the fact I was once with a Yankees fan is like the worst thing in the world. :lol: I could say I did this or that or thought this and thats fine. But "Yankees fan". lmao 

It's like being Drew Barrymore in Fever Pitch at times.:lol:

You aren't wrong though with your previous assessments on the Boston fanbase. Yes the other pro teams are huge.......but the Red Sox will always be "the baby" of Boston. Celtics and Bruins have fun cult followings however. The Pats thing is just well that........they win all the time and people are used to it and expect it. In fact, I saw the birth of the rabid Pats fanbase develop when the Pats beat the Rams in 2001 and I remember CLEARLY when half of Boston if not more wanted Bledsoe to start the Super Bowl. lmao 

Also as a woman I never got much hate at all. I think most have often respected that I knew my football and that for a while there we were great. Most hate I heard was more for Polian and then later for Grigson. Peyton even signed loads of autographs for Pats fans before when he has been there. 

But I will try to get maybe a bit more into baseball later on when basketball is done for the year. Maybe you all here can give me some pointers.

Oh yeah Boston loves their Baseball and they hate the Yankees. If you ever want to make him mad tell him Aaron Judge rules lmao 

The funny thing is Brad's grandmother did some interview a few weeks ago and said something like "He still looks like such a little boy to me!". lmao 

Thats why we like him. We just want to pinch his cheeks and read him a bed time story.

You all should like him too. Nerds rule. lmao Nerdy men can gain cult followings.

Okay sorry maybe we should talk more about the Pacers again and how they can get back on track with our without Dipo and become an NBA level team again.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I rest my case.

Don't be jealous. We like you too.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh yeah Boston loves their Baseball and they hate the Yankees. If you ever want to make him mad tell him Aaron Judge rules lmao 

Is Judge that new guy who hit all the home runs last year and won the award for it? I hear about him. Is he supposed to be like the new Jeter or A Rod?

• Thanks 1

The funny thing is Brad's grandmother did some interview a few weeks ago and said something like "He still looks like such a little boy to me!". lmao 

Thats why we like him. We just want to pinch his cheeks and read him a bed time story.

You all should like him too. Nerds rule. lmao Nerdy men can gain cult followings.

The truth comes out!!! Finally!!!      Such a baby face

Mike Diantoni looks like a mafia hit man

Steve Kerr looks like the guy who fixes your transmission at car-X

but Brad is just apple pie..

........I understand

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

Okay sorry maybe we should talk more about the Pacers again and how they can get back on track with our without Dipo and become an NBA level team again.

Don't be jealous. We like you too.

Another fair heart who falls for a pretty face...and a promise of the future......Its an old story.

So many all-time greats are working at the post office

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The 15-point thing is a not a serious discussion point

Umm... There's a not serious discussion point going on here, but it's not me making it. You think there's a serious comparison to be made between the Cavs and the Pacers.

Have you watched this team and how they get blown out in the first few minutes going back weeks, but it's been especially pronounced since Victor's injury? I'm not making this up. 

It's going to happen again and again and you're going to say "it's fine" I gather. Ok. I'm 99% sure I'm spinning my wheels.

If by fine you mean, "derail the season" that's about right.

My primary point is this, so that you stop making up straw men arguments, the team isn't very good, Victor is. With him, they can win against most teams if he's playing out of his mind. There's about 5 teams that they can't touch, because they play terrible defense.

That's about it. Oh and it sucks because this team started off fun to watch and now is literally unwatchable. Makes for bad mid winter entertainment. 

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Umm... There's a not serious discussion point going on here, but it's not me making it. You think there's a serious comparison to be made between the Cavs and the Pacers.f

Have you watched this team and how they get blown out in the first few minutes going back weeks, but it's been especially pronounced since Victor's injury? I'm not making this up. 

It's going to happen again and again and you're going to say "it's fine" I gather. Ok. I'm 99% sure I'm spinning my wheels.

If by fine you mean, "derail the season" that's about right.

My primary point is this, so that you stop making up straw men arguments, the team isn't very good, Victor is. With him, they can win against most teams if he's playing out of his mind. There's about 5 teams that they can't touch, because they play terrible defense.

That's about it. Oh and it sucks because this team started off fun to watch and now is literally unwatchable. Makes for bad mid winter entertainment. 

You brought up the 15-point deal and it isn't true. You were wrong. Your ';starw man'

The wrong phrase to use, by the way

If you want to bad mouth the Pacers. Now is the time.

But if you say something like 'Good NBA teams don't lose multiple games by 15 or more' you negate much of the rest of your points.

The Pacers are .500. Where I hoped they'd be and better than you probably thought they'd be. They are not a bad team...and they get Oladipo back Saturday

The coaching logic can be flawed here though. If championships are all that matter.......it's like saying Tyronn lue is a great coach and he isn't. In fact if you went on the Cavs forums and said "Tyronn lue is a better coach than Brad Stevens" most Cavs would laugh you off the forums. Since most of them hate Lue. Lebron is the coach of the Cavs. lmao

Also thats like saying Lebron wasn't a great player BEFORE he won a title in Miami. He already was the best player. He just didn't get the rings yet.

Don't get me wrong.........a title or more does make a difference and it's one of the things that sets an MJ, Kobe or Magic apart or raises up a Popovich on his own level. But I do think eventually Brad Stevens will get a title himself with his young teams.

And for all we know, Popovich never wins another title. His time could pass him by like it did Phil Jackson. And I always sometimes cringe at ring arguments since people often used it against Peyton and we all know many losses were not his fault. You can argue Peyton was the best QB we ever even seen BEFORE we beat the Bears in the Super Bowl, but that Super Bowl had to be some sort of finishing step to prove everyone right in almost a formality.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he is pretty good.

I gather he is. Heard rumblings on him a ton last year and the Yankees in general. Also a ton on how they fired Joe and if that was a big mistake or not.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You brought up the 15-point deal and it isn't true. Why continue

The "15 deal" as you call it is really simple stuff.. Good teams don't consistently (key word here) lose by 15 points (or lose at all).

They don't. On planet oldunclemark if they do, that's neat, but in reality.. they don't.. 

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

At least the Pacers are currently more watchable than the Lakers are.

And even worse, LaVar and his younger sons arrived in Lithuania last night and I am just........so lost......

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The "15 deal" as you call it is really simple stuff.. Good teams don't consistently (key word here) lose by 15 points (or lose at all).

That''s not what you said. You said Good teams don't lose multiple games by 15 or more.

Its a message board. Its all still here.

Lesson: If you make definitive statements, they will be challenged.

Again...3 weeks ago...you were missing in action.

A losing streak and you're back to tell us how you were right all along.

Okay lets see when Oladipo returns./

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Another fair heart who falls for a pretty face...and a promise of the future......Its an old story.

So many all-time greats are working at the post office

Reporter: "So tell us Kyrie, whats the real reason you wanted to go to Boston?".

Kyrie: "Brad Stevens is sooooo cute. So nice. I just love him!."

Reporter: "So it had nothing to do with Lebron?"

Kyrie: "Well yeah, I mean Brad is cuter then Lebron, duh. Lebron looks so scary! He scares me!"

To be fair it's not like Brad is hot or anything. lmao It's just yeah he is the baby faced adult man who looks like a nice guy.

Okay I am done........

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

That''s not what you said. You said Good teams don't lose multiple games by 15 or more.

We need a meme for Dipo saying "Please save us........you are our only hope."

maxresdefault.jpg

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think UncleMark has had 1 too many Scotch's tonight lmao 

Well that explains it. Brad Stevens sucks and is only liked due to his Butler connections and young face.

And the Pacers losing is just like the Cavs losing!

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Reporter: "So tell us Kyrie, whats the real reason you wanted to go to Boston?".

Kyrie: "Brad Stevens is sooooo cute. So nice. I just love him!."

Reporter: "So it had nothing to do with Lebron?"

Kyrie: "Well yeah, I mean Brad is cuter then Lebron, duh. Lebron looks so scary! He scares me!"

To be fair it's not like Brad is hot or anything. lmao It's just yeah he is the baby faced adult man who looks like a nice guy.

Okay I am done........

We all fall prey to a pretty face..and it takes our mind to a faraway place

At least the Pacers are currently more watchable than the Lakers are.

And even worse, LaVar and his younger sons arrived in Lithuania last night and I am just........so lost......

If the Pacers aren't good, I find the NBA to be a slog in the regular season honestly. I can get into the last 5 min of good games, but soo much of it's just not interesting to me. These last few weeks of Pacers games have been terrible. There done in the first 5 min. 

I'm old school, if my team isn't good, I care less. Lot's of people these days aren't like that. 

* & mark, stop trying to construe any of my concern as "bad mouthing", like it makes me happy that the team can't play a lick of defense. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You've gotta be kidding me. You think you've caught me in a semantics game? And for what? To prove that good teams lose multiple games in a row by 15+ points?

Is this real life?

Just now, The Fish said:

If the Pacers aren't good, I find the NBA to be a slog in the regular season honestly. I can get into the last 5 min of good games, but soo much of it's just not interesting to me. These last few weeks of Pacers games have been terrible. There done in the first 5 min. 

I'm old school, if my team isn't good, I care less. Lot's of people these days aren't like that. 

* & mark, stop trying to construe any of my concern as "bad mouthing", like it makes me happy that the team can't play a lick of defense. 

The season didn't begin 5 games ago...

Its bad mouthing when you're MIA after wins....

...Youi dont seem to understand the NBA where all teams have losing streaks..especially with the help of injuries

Just now, The Fish said:

You've gotta be kidding me. You think you've caught me in a semantics game? And for what? To prove that good teams lose multiple games in a row by 15+ points?

Is this real life?

It saves time when you simply admit you are 'caught in a semantics game'  Or simply were wrong.

Its okay.

It happens to all of us