Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Celtics vs Cavs in the ECFinals book it. Cavs will probably win because of LeBron but still making the Final 4 without Hayward is a great season.

Oh come on, we are getting Pacers/Raptors for the ECF. Oldunclemark's dream series.

Seriously though, I have no delusions that Boston can beat Cleveland in a full series right now. The Kyrie playoff factor might help them extend it but they aren't ready yet/too young and they are missing a piece or two.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Oh, yeah..Stevens is the best coach of this era.

I dont know which one of his championships is greatest....

:facepalm:

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Maybe but Boston will finish 4th in the East..behind Toronto, Washington and Cleveland

:facepalm:

Just now, oldunclemark said:

so far

True, Gordon might still come back later this year if he is up to it. I know thats not what you meant though. lmao 

Honestly, I got zero delusions about the Celtics this year, I think they can't get past Cleveland in a full series. But 2006 isn't wrong........it's almost written in the stars to have Lebron and IT play vs. Kyrie and the Celtics. It would take a lot not to make this happen. We would need major injuries again and choke jobs and other worldy performances by a few other teams in a few series to prevent this.

Gotta run though guys, it's late and brutally cold out here lately. 

This was fun though.:cheer2:

Love comebacks!! Tons of them this year too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

True, Gordon might still come back later this year if he is up to it. I know thats not what you meant though. lmao 

Honestly, I got zero delusions about the Celtics this year, I think they can't get past Cleveland in a full series. But 2006 isn't wrong........it's almost written in the stars to have Lebron and IT play vs. Kyrie and the Celtics. It would take a lot not to make this happen. We would need major injuries again and choke jobs and other worldy performances by a few other teams in a few series to prevent this.

Gotta run though guys, it's late and brutally cold out here lately. 

This was fun though.:cheer2:

Love comebacks!! Tons of them this year too.

They were down 26 and won...cant take that way from them...and Jules..its cold everywhere.......+7 up here

Okay a few more, should be sleeping but we found another tonight that cracked us up bad. lmao 

Read it all the way through.

lmaolmaolmaolmao 

Sorry like I said.........childish but this is somehow so hilarious to me for some reason.......

And one more :lol::lol: I am done after this, promise.

3 hours ago, Jules said:

Oh come on, we are getting Pacers/Raptors for the ECF. Oldunclemark's dream series.

Seriously though, I have no delusions that Boston can beat Cleveland in a full series right now. The Kyrie playoff factor might help them extend it but they aren't ready yet/too young and they are missing a piece or two.

Speaking of dreams.   If you don't think Boston is winning anything.....and they haven't won anything since Kevin McHale was alive, and they are NOT leading the conference.....then why do you lust after them so?

Oh. I forgot..Its Brad.

Why do I think that if Nate McMillan or one of those Van Gundy losers was coaching the Celtics, you wouldnt care>>>??

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Speaking of dreams.   If you don't think Boston is winning anything.....and they haven't won anything since Kevin McHale was alive, and they are NOT leading the conference.....then why do you lust after them so?

Oh. I forgot..Its Brad.

Why do I think that if Nate McMillan or one of those Van Gundy losers was coaching the Celtics, you wouldnt care>>>??

Last I looked Kevin McHale is still alive lmao. Having said that they did win it all in 2008 as well besides 86 with Bird/McHale.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Last I looked Kevin McHale is still alive lmao. Having said that they did win it all in 2008 as well besides 86 with Bird/McHale.

You may be taking me way too literally.

Kevin McHale, who played on the '86 Celtics, is on NBA TV 'Players' Only every Tuesday night.  I watch him every week.

My point is: Nobody in Indy would care about the Celtics if a certain baby-faced home boy didn't coach them.

Its Okay to admit that.

Yeah, like I said yesterday, this squad isn't good enough to compete with anyone minus Victor.

But that's just one obvious problem, the defense doesn't exist being the other.

Mid January basketball doesn't matter, but if this team is two or three games out of the playoffs, look to these efforts.

• Like 1

Bogdonavic  2-of-10   and 7 points......we need more.

He's playing well other than the shooting slumps...

Lance is not best used as a starter...it would seem...

,,again..we need depth... Leaf was a DNP and Glenn Robinson still isn't able to go

...back home Sunday....Minnesota

Edited by oldunclemark

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Bogdonavic  2-of-10   and 7 points......we need more.

He's playing well other than the shooting slumps...

Lance is not best used as a starter...it would seem...

,,again..we need depth... Leaf was a DNP and Glenn Robinson still isn't able to go

...back home Sunday....Minnesota

Cant figure out why he is struggling? He was playing really Good up until about 5 or 6 games ago. I think we get back on track but we need Dipo back clearly.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cant figure out why he is struggling? He was playing really Good up until about 5 or 6 games ago. I think we get back on track but we need Dipo back clearly.

Bogdonavic' 13-14 points a game is disappointing to me...

This is the first time he's ever started...maybe he's adjusting.

But he's capable of 17-20, to me.

15 hours ago, The Fish said:

Just here to collect my being right on the internet points, so that I can cash them in.. at the place..

The Pacers are a hot mess and lot's of positive momentum is being undone.

Hang on there., Fish..

We're .500 nearing mid-season and there's a long way to go..is we can get to full strength (big if)

...apparently Glenn Robinson isn't close to returning

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:06 PM, oldunclemark said:

Oh, yeah..Stevens is the best coach of this era.

I dont know which one of his championships is greatest....

Lol man, you just don't want to admit how good of a coach Stevens is. Dude is one of the best young coaches in the game. Its not even a debate. Saying otherwise is basically denying reality.

17 hours ago, The Fish said:

Just here to collect my being right on the internet points, so that I can cash them in.. at the place..

The Pacers are a hot mess and lot's of positive momentum is being undone.

Shocking that the Pacers are struggling with one of their best players hurt.

They'll be fine. Oladipo is one of the best players in the East. When he comes back we will be fine. Not even close to worried.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Lol man, you just don't want to admit how good of a coach Stevens is. Dude is one of the best young coaches in the game. Its not even a debate. Saying otherwise is basically denying reality.

I dont have anything against Stevens or the Celtics. I dont care abut them
He just hasn't done anything yet.

No titles..No finals....Those are facts, right?  Everything else is opinion

Since when do we crown people the undisputed best BEFORE they accomplish anything???

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

They'll be fine. Oladipo is one of the best players in the East. When he comes back we will be fine. Not even close to worried.

Fine? No, they'll be competitive with most teams again and dependent on Victor playing hero ball to have a chance at winning.

This was supposed to be a bad team this year and it is aside from the revelation that Victor has been.

Two weeks ago I was pretty sure this squad would get into the playoffs. I don't have any idea now, but if they're going to get buried in the first 5 minutes of games over and over, there's no reason to count on it.

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

We have some friends here on the board who are quick to call us out for losing four in a row...

.....We've lost a 23 ppg guy and the guy we replace him with gets maybe 10..

Of course, we're hurting..

I just hope Victor is going to be okay, soon....we're still .500 and I'd have taken that at mid-season

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Fine? No, they'll be competitive with most teams again and dependent on Victor playing hero ball to have a chance at winning.

This was supposed to be a bad team this year and it is aside from the revelation that Victor has been.

Two weeks ago I was pretty sure this squad would get into the playoffs.

Wait 2 more weeks, Fish

They'll be fine

It's totally possible they go 1-5 or 2-6 in the mean time and it's not like there's a bunch of obvious wins after that..

If by fine you mean hovering around .500 and at no point being a lock for postseason play, then I'll agree, because that's what's shaking out here.

On 12/30/2017 at 5:57 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When anyone loses their best player they are going to struggle. Dipo averages 25 a game and plays Good Defense.

I wasn't surprised at the Pacers loss to the Bulls.  The Bulls are playing much better and Victor is hurt. You are 100% right about it being tough with your best player out.  I've felt that way all year so far with LaVine being out, but the Bulls are surprisingly getting better, I am not sure how I feel about it lol. 

• Like 1