Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love to see a Boston/OKC Finals, just for something new but beating the Warriors for anyone is going to be a near impossible task. When IT comes back and is paired up with LeBron and Love, they will be tough to beat in the East again as well. Not sure Boston can beat them in a series. Too bad Hayward is out, they could use a guy like that vs the Cavs.

I have not heard anything new about Hayward but he is progressing great......just not sure he plays this year yet or not. I won't get my hopes up though. But it sucks since I see the Celtics A LOT on tv and so many times I am like "Imagine if they had Gordon Hayward." I feel robbed at times. Since at times yes they really need that extra experienced polished guy out there BAD. They need his leadership too but I think eventually this year he will be able to travel with the team to help out on the sideline, kinda like how IT has been a Cavs cheerleader a lot from the bench lol.

Right now to me, Boston looks a tad bit still like last years team even but with a higher level of defense over last years Celtics.

Cavs are still the team to beat in the east, EASY. Problem is.......they even know I think they are doomed vs. Golden State. lmao Lebron's face at times vs. GS just looks........pained. Like "here we go again, sigh."

And it shouldn't be this hard, IMO Cavs should have been able to have made it a longer finals this past year. I don't get it at times, I really don't. It's just a bad bad matchup for them. But there is enough talent on last years Cavs and this years IMO to do more vs. GS.

The IT thing is interesting......since the Cavs do play Boston a few times coming up. Once January 3rd I think and once February 14th or around there. I am not sure Boston right now can beat them in January but I am looking at their game in February for a better shot since thats the Paul Pierce jersey retirement game and they will be all jacked up.

IT also has to adjust to life behind Lebron once he does return. Since on the Cavs, he won't be "the man". It's not like last year in Boston where IT got so many highlight hero ball moments. 

I still like the little guy too, but I worry about him since I know his hip has healed well but I still hear he has permanent ligament damage maybe in there and arthritis and I hope like heck he don't get nailed by some big dude on the court just once and it's over.

I will be holding my breath some until I see little IT play a series of games coming out well in them health wise, since I did hear they are going to monitor him constantly.

10 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

The Pacers win tonight with Oladipo. About all I can say about this game.

They must have rested him? 

edit:

Just realized Pacers played again tonight and lost. Ouch. Dallas has been rolling lately. lmao They upset the Raptors last night.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love to see a Boston/OKC Finals, just for something new but beating the Warriors for anyone is going to be a near impossible task. When IT comes back and is paired up with LeBron and Love, they will be tough to beat in the East again as well. Not sure Boston can beat them in a series. Too bad Hayward is out, they could use a guy like that vs the Cavs.

Cavs/OKC would be intriguing too........but heck that sounds like a bad matchup for the Cavs as well right now to me on paper. lmao 

Paul George btw is someone many Cavs fans still wish they had gotten. Huge miss by them since thats a one year rental that could have paid off big time.

I see Cavs fans wanting to trade the Nets pick too now for some extra help.

In case nobody knows this, Cavs fans spend most of their time ranting about the Warriors. On the side when they get bored they rant about Kyrie Irving and nitpick him to death.

I give up tonight on sports. Cavs lost to the Kings lol. I left the room for a while to clean the bathroom too when Warriors were down to the Jazz and I come back and boom boom boom Warriors scored fast in a hurry and won.

Only good thing tonight I saw was Jayson Tatum continued to look like a freakishly polished rookie against the Hornets. That kid is still only 19 and such a joy to watch. Only positive with Hayward out for the Celtics this year is that Tatum got a ton of playing time early and often in a good situation to grow in. A ton of rookies get put on garbage teams but Tatum got lucky.

Other then that, tonight kinda sucked lol. But knowing OKC beat the Raptors was cool.......

Don't freak about the Pacers either, your best player is out and everyone goes through slumps. 

BTW Lonzo Ball bought his folks a bad aazz car for Christmas.-omg-

https://sports.yahoo.com/lakers-rookie-lonzo-ball-bought-parents-350000-car-christmas-152008210.html

12 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Our best player didn't even play lol 

LOL.. he did, against Detroit, which is what I was referring to.

And they didn't look better last night. They looked like a team that's missing their guy and can lose to anyone. If Victor doesn't play at an elite level, this is a bad team.

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

LOL.. he did, against Detroit, which is what I was referring to.

And they didn't look better last night. They looked like a team that's missing their guy and can lose to anyone. If Victor doesn't play at an elite level, this is a bad team.

This isn't a bad team at all you are just overreacting after a few losses 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Agreed and besides if the best player on any team doesn't play at an elite level they wouldn't be a good team. 

That's not true of every single team that's actually in contention aside from Cleveland and when IT get's back, even then, I'd assume Love and he can could win 40/45 games in the East.

Sorry, but my concern isn't daft, I have a pretty good idea of what I'm looking at. They dig big holes and if Victor isn't playing hero ball, they're not good enough to win consistently.

Go watch that first quarter against Detroit the other night.

4 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Very cool to see Poythress has earned a full time spot with the Pacers. 

I think he has value to us too,,a defender and rebounder.  Nate has to give him minutes

We just don't have much depth.....any injury or slump cripples up.

Wednesday would have been a great night for Glenn Robinson...but he cant play yet

Rockets get the most crap calls in the league, period. The league props up Harden unlike NOBODY else, every single game. I don't get it.......since I don't even think he is as close to being as marketable as anyone on the Warriors, or Lebron or even Kyrie Irving. 

Brad Stevens just went ballistic before on the refs and it's tough to make him lose his cool.

Sure Boston has sucked in this game but as soon as they make a big comeback the refs blew the whistle on a soft aazz call to help the Rockets.

Kyrie has been amazing tonight though bringing Boston back in this thing.

But the Rockets man.......they live at the line. It is infuriating at times since they are not as good as the Warriors.

Sometimes I honestly believe Houston is a bunch of chokers propped up by officiating and hype. They got the offense yeah but they get A LOT of help.

I don't complain about refs a lot, but I will when it comes to the Rockets lately. I remember when the Lakers beat them and Harden got the calls in the end regardless......and Harden had the nerve to even complain about the refs recently.

Getting so tired of James Harden being bailed out by the refs with wussy calls.

/rant off

9 minutes ago, Jules said:

Rockets get the most crap calls in the league, period. The league props up Harden unlike NOBODY else, every single game. I don't get it.......since I don't even think he is as close to being as marketable as anyone on the Warriors, or Lebron or even Kyrie Irving. 

Brad Stevens just went ballistic before on the refs and it's tough to make him lose his cool.

Sure Boston has sucked in this game but as soon as they make a big comeback the refs blew the whistle on a soft aazz call to help the Rockets.

Kyrie has been amazing tonight though bringing Boston back in this thing.

But the Rockets man.......they live at the line. It is infuriating at times since they are not as good as the Warriors.

Sometimes I honestly believe Houston is a bunch of chokers propped up by officiating and hype. They got the offense yeah but they get A LOT of help.

I don't complain about refs a lot, but I will when it comes to the Rockets lately. I remember when the Lakers beat them and Harden got the calls in the end regardless......and Harden had the nerve to even complain about the refs recently.

Getting so tired of James Harden being bailed out by the refs with wussy calls.

/rant off

I cant stand James Harden. He shoots like at least 10 FT's a game and has had games where he has shot 20 lmao and he complains about calls. When he just throws his body into players and gets the call, he did it when he played for OKC too. He is the worse flopper I have ever seen. I don't get how he gets the calls he gets??

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I cant stand James Harden. He shoots like at least 10 FT's a game and has had games where he has shot 20 lmao and he complains about calls. When he just throws his body into players and gets the call, he did it when he played for OKC too. He is the worse flopper I have ever seen. I don't get how he gets the calls he gets??

Celtics came back from down a zillion and have a shot now in the 4th, but I fear the calls will keep going the Rockets way. They LIVE at the line and it infuriates me.

You know it's bad when Brad Stevens gets in rage over a call, he rarely shows emotion.

I have seen analysis on Harden before by some who think he is a very good player yes, but also a manufactured player by the league too in a way.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

When I had left the room before I came back and a Rockets player was shooting FTs, SHOCKER.

James Harden btw to me is not the MVP the way they push it all the time. 

Celtics only down 1, holy crap! Westbrook is better than flopper. LeBron actually deserves MVP this season, yeah I actually said that haha 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Celtics only down 1, holy crap! Westbrook is better than flopper. LeBron actually deserves MVP this season, yeah I actually said that haha 

Yeah so far this year it's for sure a Lebron MVP season, his numbers have been off the charts. Unless he rests half the season later on but he might be more careful with it this year since last year the Cavs got too lazy.

Oh Celtics down one and Kyrie missed a FT.......but he brought them back in this one. I think they are tired too, back to back games again. But the home crowd can get you going at times for a comeback as you all know with the Pacers.

Hope the Celtics can win so I don't hear AND JAMES HARDEN WON AGAIN WITHOUT CHRIS PAUL, MVP!!!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LeBron is the best player in the league and is MVP so far this season and is Top 10 all-time, if not Top 5. He wins 1 more Championship he is Top 5 without argument IMO. Harden is a flopper and didn't even start in OKC when Westbrook and Durant was ruling the roost.

I just think harden is an example of what I was talking about...the 'Easy 3'

He just walks into 3s where no play is run. No passing, No moving without the ball. Just a shooting contest.

If you move that 3-line back 5 feet, they have to run an offense other than screening for a jump shot.

..and maybe he plays some defense other than going for a steal...

22 hours ago, Jules said:

Cavs/OKC would be intriguing too........but heck that sounds like a bad matchup for the Cavs as well right now to me on paper. lmao 

Paul George btw is someone many Cavs fans still wish they had gotten. Huge miss by them since thats a one year rental that could have paid off big time.

I see Cavs fans wanting to trade the Nets pick too now for some extra help.

In case nobody knows this, Cavs fans spend most of their time ranting about the Warriors. On the side when they get bored they rant about Kyrie Irving and nitpick him to death.

Paul George is someone I wish the Pacers still had...(with Oladipo and Sabonis, of course)

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

COACHING :scoregood:

I've come to understand thst up here (Lake County) we don't have the love for Butler that you guys have.

The Butler run to the Final-4 was a much beloved hometown thing for you guys ..and up here it was a team from someplace else.  Translation: I just don't love Brad Stevens like you do

Hence..the idea that Brad Stevens is a combination Red Aurebach-Vince Lombardi is very foreign to me.

But those were two good flops by Marcus.....I'm a big believer in doing what you have to do at home and daring the ref to make calls (aka Durant on Xmas Day)

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I've come to understand thst up here (Lake County) we don't have the love for Butler that you guys have.

The Butler run to the Final-4 was a much beloved hometown thing for you guys ..and up here it was a team from someplace else.  Translation: I just don't love Brad Stevens like you do

Hence..the idea that Brad Stevens is a combination Red Aurebach-Vince Lombardi is very foreign to me.

But those were two good flops by Marcus.....I'm a big believer in doing what you have to do at home and daring the ref to make calls (aka Durant on Xmas Day)

Brad rules, I honesty think he's the best Coach in the league along with Kerr. A young POP

• Like 1

That was pretty cool. lmao WTG Celtics!!!

13 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Give Smart credit...Two flops won the game for the Celtics

Al Horford once called Marcus Smart this year, "The soul of the Boston Celtics."

lmaolmaolmao 

12 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Smart play by Horford to miss the second free throw..up one...when Houston had no time outs

That's 2 games Boston ha s stolen this year.

You do what you have to do to win.

I think Boston has stolen more then a few this year......but they seem good in those crunch time wth situations when everyone is going insane.

Celtics have also had some stinkers this past month too but tonights energy there looked to be WILD in the second half. This was a playoff type atmosphere.

Okay I admit, Boston played this well at the end and so did Smart. lmao But serves Harden right!!!!!! He finally realized for once the refs were gonna go against him. How very Pittsburgh Steelers of him. lmao 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brad rules, I honesty think he's the best Coach in the league along with Kerr. A young POP

What Brad is doing without Gordon Hayward astounds me, since word is the offense was geared AROUND Gordon in the offseason. Since they picked him up before they knew they were getting Kyrie Irving and planned on Gordon for quite a while to work around.

And Jaylen Brown/Marcus Morris etc. have been in and out and stuff and it's been interesting how many facial bones this team has broken along the way too.

Going to be tough in the end though since IMO the east has some pretty strong competition overall. I don't even think getting to the ECFs this year will be as easy as people make it sound. Several lower seeds will be really brutal this year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jules said:

That was pretty cool. lmao WTG Celtics!!!

Al Horford once called Marcus Smart this year, "The soul of the Boston Celtics."

lmaolmaolmao 

I think Boston has stolen more then a few this year......but they seem good in those crunch time wth situations when everyone is going insane.

Celtics have also had some stinkers this past month too but tonights energy there looked to be WILD in the second half. This was a playoff type atmosphere.

Okay I admit, Boston played this well at the end and so did Smart. lmao But serves Harden right!!!!!! He finally realized for once the refs were gonna go against him. How very Pittsburgh Steelers of him. lmao 

Smart did what you have to do..

Harden's step-back 3 is traveling...you cant stop it..So attack him in the backcourt and make him beat you on the dribble in a spot on the floor where a shot is not an option.

Teams are going to start to play Victor Oladipo that way

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

What Brad is doing without Gordon Hayward astounds me, since word is the offense was geared AROUND Gordon in the offseason. Since they picked him up before they knew they were getting Kyrie Irving and planned on Gordon for quite a while to work around.

And Jaylen Brown/Marcus Morris etc. have been in and out and stuff and it's been interesting how many facial bones this team has broken along the way too.

Going to be tough in the end though since IMO the east has some pretty strong competition overall. I don't even think getting to the ECFs this year will be as easy as people make it sound. Several lower seeds will be really brutal this year.

Celtics vs Cavs in the ECFinals book it. Cavs will probably win because of LeBron but still making the Final 4 without Hayward is a great season.