Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

125-86  Victor with 25 points...9 rebounds and six assists in 24 minutes

I honestly don't think anyone thought we would be above .500 at the midway point of the season after trading PG and be a Playoff team. As of now we are 20-19, 2 more games we are 41 in = midway point. So I would take 21-20 if it happens. I had us winning 35 games before the season started so if we go like 42-40 and make the Playoffs it's all good because we have a young team that can only get better next season.

• Thanks 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly don't think anyone thought we would be above .500 at the midway point of the season after trading PG and be a Playoff team. As of now we are 20-19, 2 more games we are 41 in = midway point. So I would take 21-20 if it happens. I had us winning 35 games before the season started so if we go like 42-40 and make the Playoffs it's all good because we have a young team that can only get better next season.

I saw things from Leaf tonight that shocked me...

I know he can shoot it. But did he put the bail on the floor, take it to the hole and slam at UCLA???

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I saw things from Leaf tonight that shocked me...

I know he can shoot it. But did he put the bail on the floor, take it to the hole and slam at UCLA???

Leaf is actually a hell of an athlete but I don't recall him slamming it much in college. Much needed win tonight and Dipo being healthy is huge. Eases the mind.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Leaf is actually a hell of an athlete but I don't recall him slamming it much in college. Much needed win tonight and Dipo being healthy is huge. Eases the mind.

If he can contribute off the wing off the bench/.//./we'll be a touch better in the second half..

Eventually, he takes Bogdonavic's place...we need him to look like he did tonight

(...although the Bulls did quit)

• Like 1

Good win We have the Bucks Heat and Cavs all at home the next 3. It would be nice to get all 3 but we need to get the Bucks and Heat. 

Welcome back Vic man I'm hoping he's done missing games. Leaf had a strong game I'm glad to see Joey Buckets get some run. I've thought for a minute he could help this style suits him. 

13 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

If he can contribute off the wing off the bench/.//./we'll be a touch better in the second half..

Eventually, he takes Bogdonavic's place...we need him to look like he did tonight

(...although the Bulls did quit)

You think?  I think he's going to take Thad's spot if he continues to improve. Bogy plays the 3 he can play and we've had him as a stretch 4 but he's a 3. Leaf is 6'10 he's a 4 he just needs to get stronger He will be a handful if he does with his touch and range  

7 minutes ago, akcolt said:

You think?  I think he's going to take Thad's spot if he continues to improve. Bogy plays the 3 he can play and we've had him as a stretch 4 but he's a 3. Leaf is 6'10 he's a 4 he just needs to get stronger He will be a handful if he does with his touch and range  

He's more mobile than I thought......

I see him as a mismatch '3' on offense on the wing....

....we need a scoring bench player..Right now its Lance and that's it

.....If we could send Bogdonavic to the bench.....he'd get better shots against the opponents' second team and we don't get hurt on defense in the starting lineup because Thad Young is still our 'D' man

Great job by the Pacers tonight. :applause:So Dipo is healthy and back and his old self again I can see based on game results lol. 

Big and needed win.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we beat Bucks and Heat but beating the Cavs again would be a tall order. Reason why I say that is we have already beat them twice. If we beat them again than Dipo would be LeBron's daddy.

If you beat the Cavs again then you guys officially give those guys some serious fits. It can be done, their defense is atrocious but Lebron I think is trying to go for MVP right now. 

This always cracks me up.

o-STEPHENSON-facebook.jpg

Heat are kinda tough to figure out so I got no idea. You handled them already this year but it's a well coached team that can show up at times suprisingly.

Bucks had a big win tonight vs. the Wizards tonight but are pretty streaky. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MTC said:

Damien Wilkins waived. 

Help me with this one. I need a lot of help.

Wilkins was waived BEFORE the game but he still played? Is that a common practice?

His roster spot was not filled.  What benefit is there to cutting him loose?  Glen Robinson isn't coming back soon.

Wilkins was signed as a mentor to younger players..but let go at mid-season...

I dont understand.

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Help me with this one. I need a lot of help.

Wilkins was waived BEFORE the game but he still played? Is that a common practice?

His roster spot was not filled.  What benefit is there to cutting him loose?  Glen Robinson isn't coming back soon.

Wilkins was signed as a mentor to younger players..but let go at mid-season...

I dont understand.

He was told that they were going to waive him before the Bulls game but it wasn’t official until today.

He was waived because his contract would soon become guaranteed for the season.

It seems like a cheap move. I hesitate to use that word but his contract is cheap by NBA standards. He seemed like he was a great fit on this team (nickname is Wisdom) and the perfect end of roster guy. You need a couple veterans like Damien especially on a young team.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'd like to see the Lakers cut him Then his daddy can take Zo overseas with his brothers never to be heard from again. I suggested it when they drafted Zo his daddy is going to be free agent and coaching repellent No one is going to want to be a part of that mess not even in LA

The Pacers are working the Bucks over They seem to be on a mission with Dipo back  

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

88-65....after 3 Q

I'd like to think its all us....but the Bucks really seem to have taken the night off

Strange time to take the night off vs a division foe only 1.5 games back Whatever it is I like it 

• Thanks 1

Miami has been on fire lately. Very tough game to win without Turner. Hard to believe the season is half over after tonight. Even if we lose tonight, we will still be above .500 at 21-20 through the halfway point and in the Playoffs as an 8 Seed. Much better than I thought we would be. We won 42 games last season and would be right on pace to do so again and that is after losing PG-13. Dipo will make the All-Star team as well. He has been extremely fun to watch all season. We are a team that cant afford to have any key injuries, like too Dipo/Turner/Bogy/Sabonis, or Lance. It seems like if any of those guys are out we don't play well, especially when Dipo is out. We clearly miss Turner tonight.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Sabonis gets just killed time and time again and seems like it rarely gets called. 

You've said that before and its true....Its amazing he gets the numbers he gets because he doesnt get many calls yet.

he;s pretty strong again tonight..

...but I cant even guess why he doesn't get the calls other centers do

• Like 1