Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

Just now, oldunclemark said:

He'd average 13 rebounds for sure......I wish there was a good way to play him, Myles and Thad Young at the same time

Myles is so inconsistent it sucks..I know what he can do, but you see it 1 in 4 games and that keeps you reeled in...Sabonis will put up numbers nightly if he gets the minutes and play defense..

41 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

83-66 Pacers after 3 quarters..

....There's been talk of changing the playoff format and having the Top-16 play each other based on record rather than the Top-8 in each conference.

Does anybody really want to see The top seed play the 16th seed?

It'll never happen cause of east- west coast trips it will be unfair..

• Thanks 1

Very nice win coming out of the break. We are now tied for the 4th Spot with the Wizards at 34-25. I see no way we miss the playoffs looking at the Heat who are 30-29 and in 8th, Pistons are 9th at 28-30. I mean we would really have to go into a funk to miss the Playoffs now. I could see us finishing 7th though because of our schedule. 7th would get us either the Celtics or Raptors in Round 1.

12 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Nice to see that there was a sell out for the game today. It's one thing to sell out Banker's Life when we play teams like Cleveland and Golden State, but when we can play the worst team in the league and sell out the stadium, it shows how supportive the fans are.

There's some teams in the East that lack .....uh...lets just say......a compelling resume.

Atlanta has the worst record in the East and average fans might struggle to name anyone on their roster.

You're right.......fans Friday night had to be coming out to see the Pacers...

12 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Pacers were 48 of 101 from the field.  101 shots? 

Atlanta is really bad, arent they?

Yeah, they are. On a night when Vic had a bad night they still scored 116 points.

I thought Robinson looked pretty good considering his 1st game back. Sabonis had a great game with 6 players in double figures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/23/2018 at 12:55 PM, jshipp23 said:

He can play small forward, seems like that would actually be better position for him..

Gordon is a PF Vogel tried to play him at the 3. It didn't work. If we sign Gordon then we move Thad would be my guess unless we think Thad can play the 3. I don't see that.

It will be an interesting off season. I'd look at Evan Fournier from the Magic. He is a 25 yr old 6'7 wing who would slot in at the 3. He's under contract for 17M per year through 2020 with a player option for 2021. We send expiring contracts giving the Magic some cap relief. 

Nice win against the Hawks. The schedule gets harder from here. Oladipo only played 21 minutes, which will leave him rested.

57 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Gordon is a PF Vogel tried to play him at the 3. It didn't work. If we sign Gordon then we move Thad would be my guess unless we think Thad can play the 3. I don't see that.

It will be an interesting off season. I'd look at Evan Fournier from the Magic. He is a 25 yr old 6'7 wing who would slot in at the 3. He's under contract for 17M per year through 2020 with a player option for 2021. We send expiring contracts giving the Magic some cap relief. 

There's still Sabonis to worry about too. I want him to start eventually at PF. I wouldn't look at Fournier. I'd look at Mario Hezonja. He's played well and a change of scenery could do him wonders.

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

He is undersized for  PF he is 220 lbs..He is athletic enough to defend shooting guards..

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

He is undersized for  PF he is 220 lbs..He is athletic enough to defend shooting guards..

Watching Gordon's highlights, he can play both forward spots.  We don't seem to think Myles and Sabonis can play together.  Rotate all three.   And again..Thad Young can walk after this season....(and his contract is up after 2019)

...Fornier is another option....but they'd want a No. 1 draft choice for him, wouldnt they?.

I dont want to trade when we can see if Orlando will match our offer.  I dont think they will.

Aaron Gordon is better than any player we'll get in the draft picking in the middle of the first round

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Coach McMillan says that Darren Collison will not play on the Pacers' 4-game road trip and that his recovery is slower than expected.

Maybe that explains the 10-day signing of Trey McKinneyJones as guard depth

Smart move, I would keep Collison out as long as possible. He is older. The 1 guy we cant lose is Oladipo, I pray he stays healthy.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Smart move, I would keep Collison out as long as possible. He is older. The 1 guy we cant lose is Oladipo, I pray he stays healthy.

Good point..He's our oldest player, other than Big Al

With Joseph and Lance (who is more point guard than anything else) we can get by for awhile without him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Good point..He's our oldest player, other than Big Al

With Joseph and Lance (who is more point guard than anything else) we can get by for awhile without him.

I would rest Collison and Big AL as much as possible so they can be at full strength for the Playoffs. That is the only 2 players we have that are old but they are still Good.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would rest Collison and Big AL as much as possible so they can be at full strength for the Playoffs. That is the only 2 players we have but they are still Good.

I get a little nervous when you assume we'll be in the playoffs..but I know what you're saying

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will be there, Miami doesn't have the goods and as much as Detroit is a nightmare matchup I am not sure they get in. They are 28-30

There's a late stretch where we could lose 6 in a row...(the final 6) ..and it wouldn't be a surprise

Thank God for 2 more games with Atlanta

Edited by oldunclemark

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Warriors pouring it on now, they have too much!

I gotta turn the sound down....Mark Jackson used to coach Golden Satte...he gushes a little too much about them

And he shouldnt excuse Draymond. Draymond fouls a lot. He hits folks in the head a lot and he whines on EVERY foul

Edited by oldunclemark

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I gotta turn the sound down....Mark Jackson used to coach Golden Satte...he gushes a little too much about them

And he shouldnt excuse Draymond. Draymond fouls a lot. He hits folks in the head a lot and he whines on EVERY foul

Probably the only team that has a chance to beat them in a series is Houston. If Houston can get red hot for 1 series and make a ton of 3's and play half decent D, then they could pull the upset. Regarding the Cavs, they would get smoked again by the Warriors. Durant offsets LeBron and after that it's a joke regarding matchups. Curry would win MVP going away vs the Cavs.

I honestly don't mind the Warriors because after what I went through watching Jordan winning it every season made me sick/mad/and it was boring. If it wasn't for the Warriors, LeBron would win it every season and everyone would be on his sack calling him the GOAT. Some people still call him the GOAT despite his Finals failures. So Go Warriors if the Pacers cant win it all. I do think Houston could beat the Cavs this season too but I wouldn't bet on it or trust it haha I could see a team like Houston getting screwed by the REFS against LeBron.

They are actually putting the ball in Myles Turner's hands and he is delivering so far. Lance Stephenson needs to get out of his feelings when he thinks he deserves a foul and keep his head in the game.

I know we are on the road but this is a game we cannot afford to give up. I know some people think we are locks to make the playoffs, but we've had the 2nd easiest schedule in the league so far and 16 of our next 18 games will be against teams above .500.

If the Pistons keep losing it may not be a problem, but we need to beat the bad teams.

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Down 49-43 at the half in Dallas...to a team whose owner says he wants them to lose....  wow

Did I hear that right..30 rebounds...48 shots from the field and......  43 points?

Oladipo and Sabonis have been in foul trouble. Myles is the only one who is showing up so far. Bogdonovic, Thad, and Joe Young have just been off tonight on open shots.

Hopefully Oladipo can stay away from cheap fouls in the second because his shot looked to be falling before he had to sit the bench.

We need. 

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Oladipo and Sabonis have been in foul trouble. Myles is the only one who is showing up so far. Bogdonovic, Thad, and Joe Young have just been off tonight on open shots.

Hopefully Oladipo can stay away from cheap fouls in the second because his shot looked to be falling before he had to sit the bench.

We need to get it together. The game started fine Turner had a big 1st quarter and GR3 made a couple of plays. The 2nd quarter we looked confused and dribbled the ball too much. Vic and Sabonis both pick up 3 fouls. We need a good start to the second half from the starters.