Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

If I'm Darren Collison. I'm on the phone with my agent to open contract negotiations with the Pacers........

....we look a little disorganized without him

But they have 71 points midway in the third quarter..and our best defensive players are out there.

Down 85-65 after 3 quarters.....20 turnovers

Might as well put TJ Leaf and Big Al out there....they aren't great defenders but we haven't stopped the Hawks all night..

Myles Turner has 4 fouls and has played just 15 minutes.

Barring a quick start in the 4th quarter....We may have to just 'pull the plug' on this one

......and we don't need to burn out our starters on a game that's very close to being a lost cause.

There should not be this much difference between how we play at home and on the road.....I cant explain it

Edited by oldunclemark

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

If I'm Darren Collison. I'm on the phone with my agent to open contract negotiations with the Pacers........

....we look a little disorganized without him

But they have 71 points midway in the third quarter..and our best defensive players are out there.

I don't even know how to explain the performances in the last two games. We had won four in a row without Collison. I thought the players were locked in... maybe they are just sluggish on this road trip.

• Like 1

You may be right.....You can not be ready to play at home and save it with a miracle rally and a soaring comeback.,.

..On the road...you just get beat.

Maybe we looked at the Hawks' record and the Mavericks' record and eased up

Edited by oldunclemark

12 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I guess Charlotte isn't sure about making the playoffs..

Boston 134, Charlotte 106...

Boston rested starters in the 4th. Kyrie has been on A TEAR since the all star break.-omg-My fiance is getting jealous of me screaming Kyrie's name a lot lately. He is sort of reaching playoff intensity, slowly.......but not sure Boston can win in Houston this weekend. That might be too tough to sweep them this year.

First half looked like Kemba was going to town for the win but then it stopped in the second for him.

Pistons beat the Bucks tonight too. Pacers lost to another tanking team.

what-the-hells-going-on-out-here.jpg

Oh God, I hope I didn't jinx this Pistons thing.......come on Detroit you suck you know you do!!!!!!!!! lmao 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A bit too late on the comeback. This loss surprises me much more than the Dallas loss actually because I can see being caught off guard once but not twice against a Bad team.

I really don't think the Mavs are that bad sometimes at all this year. But the Hawks yeah, they are pretty bad.

• Like 1

Gordon Hayward returned for a Celtics team picture!

He looks fine, why can't he play?

But Brad always says stuff like "Shooting while standing still is not the same thing as hard professional basketball action." And then Brad throws cold water on fans.

Ugh.

Actually I think Gordon looks a tad bit chubbier not being in games all year round lol.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah tonight sucks! I didn't see this coming.

I didn't either. I think sometimes we have to realize a lot of players are not tanking either. 

Looking at the box score, looks like no singular player on the Hawks went nuts scoring alone. Looks like they all kinda did, balanced game.

Also I hate to say this and I might have to duck but is Victor bottoming out a tiny bit post all star break?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jules said:

I didn't either. I think sometimes we have to realize a lot of players are not tanking either. 

Looking at the box score, looks like no singular player on the Hawks went nuts scoring alone. Looks like they all kinda did, balanced game.

Also I hate to say this and I might have to duck but is Victor bottoming out a tiny bit post all star break?

He got in Foul trouble the other night is why his numbers were down, he put up 22 tonight but his shooting was off. He may be hitting a wall, he's never had to carry a team before so this is new territory for him. Coming into the season I thought we were a 35 win team (most people did) so what Victor has done by elevating the team is still pretty impressive. I still see no way we don't make the Playoffs if we stay healthy. The Pistons won tonight but still wont catch us and the Hornets showed tonight their true colors against a contending team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He got in Foul trouble the other night is why his numbers were down, he put up 22 tonight but his shooting was off. He may be hitting a wall, he's never had to carry a team before so this is new territory for him. Coming into the season I thought we were a 35 win team (most people did) so what Victor has done by elevating the team is still pretty impressive. I still see no way we don't make the Playoffs if we stay healthy. The Pistons won tonight but still wont catch us and the Hornets showed tonight their true colors against a contending team.

I agree with this. Pacers should be OK if they can get another win soon though.

I am pulling for the Pacers vs. the Bucks/Wizards coming up. I don't mind the Bucks (I like the Greek Freak)  but the Wizards really bug me something awful lol.

With the Hornets, I like Kemba quite a bit. I still can't stand Dwight Howard lol. When Dwight was with Kobe that was the most painful thing ever to watch.......

I am tough on Detroit though but it's just a weird team to get a feel for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jules said:

OKC hangs on to win by 1 point! Whew........

Sanity restored.

As Bad as it has seemed for OKC, they are only 1.5 games out of the 3rd spot currently held by the Wolves who are 38-26. OKC is now currently 36-27 which is respectable. The Wolves may not have Jimmy Butler the rest of the season either. The Spurs are just 36-26 as well. I still think OKC ends up 3rd in the West, at the beginning of the season I had them finishing 2nd so I wouldn't be too far off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

You may be right.....You can not be ready to play at home and save it with a miracle rally and a soaring comeback.,.

..On the road...you just get beat.

Maybe we looked at the Hawks' record and the Mavericks' record and eased up

Whatever the problem is they better get it fixed. This game felt like trouble before it started with the Bucks Wiz Bucks coming up. They both lost tonight too this wasn't the best time to lay an egg.   

We need to get DC back in the mix. The thing that bothered me most tonight was the boards especially on the defensive glass. I thought we had a grip on that and you know as well as I do it's very difficult to win giving up 2nd and 3rd looks.  

The Hawks out rebounded us 49-43 with 15 offensive boards. We added to our problems by turning it over 25x's not a recipe for winning  The rebounding is especially problematic because that comes down to effort and want to. We were in a daze during the middle portion of the game. I don't like getting out worked.  

It's just one game but If we are going to beat the Bucks on Friday We need to play with the fire we had in the 4th from the start and get back to winning on the glass. 

2 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Whatever the problem is they better get it fixed. This game felt like trouble before it started with the Bucks Wiz Bucks coming up. They both lost tonight too this wasn't the best time to lay an egg.   

We need to get DC back in the mix. The thing that bothered me most tonight was the boards especially on the defensive glass. I thought we had a grip on that and you know as well as I do it's very difficult to win giving up 2nd and 3rd looks.  

The Hawks out rebounded us 49-43 with 15 offensive boards. We added to our problems by turning it over 25x's not a recipe for winning  The rebounding is especially problematic because that comes down to effort and want to. We were in a daze during the middle portion of the game. I don't like getting out worked.  

It's just one game but If we are going to beat the Bucks on Friday We need to play with the fire we had in the 4th from the start and get back to winning on the glass. 

15 Offensive Rebounds is inexcusable.