Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

P. Dorsett

Anybody think Dorsett gets offered in a trade on draft day and what would be the comp? I think it's quite possible with the Aiken signing.and the supposed interest the Colts had in Jeffreys. There is probably no better time to get a 3rd or another 4th for him. After two seasons I convinced he`s not what Grigson thought he`d be. Dorsett for S. Richardson would be interesting, to say the least. Thoughts?   

I doubt it.  Player for pick trades rarely happen during the draft.  There's not enough time to review film and decide whether he'd be a fit is my guess why.  Unless they're shopping him around now, and I've seen no indication of that, a draft day trade is next to impossible.

7 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I doubt it.  Player for pick trades rarely happen during the draft.  There's not enough time to review film and decide whether he'd be a fit is my guess why.  Unless they're shopping him around now, and I've seen no indication of that, a draft day trade is next to impossible.

I doubt it too, but I`d offer Dorsett for S. Richardson all day.

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

But would you take Dorsett for Richardson?

If you're the Jets, I`d say probably so. They are handcuffed with Richardson. There are no takers and rumors are no more than a 4th rounder for him now. Dorsett has a little upside, but not much IMO. Plus, just look at the Jets roster, especially on offense. It`s god awful.

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

If you're the Jets, I`d say probably so. They are handcuffed with Richardson. There are no takers and rumors are no more than a 4th rounder for him now. Dorsett has a little upside, but not much IMO. Plus, just look at the Jets roster, especially on offense. It`s god awful.

If I were the Jets GM I wouldn't take that deal without extra compensation - maybe a 4th or possibly even 3rd if the rumors they wanted a 2nd for him were initially true and I don't know they were.  And the Colts would want a long term deal before pulling the trigger.  Just my take on the situation.

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

If I were the Jets GM I wouldn't take that deal without extra compensation - maybe a 4th or possibly even 3rd if the rumors they wanted a 2nd for him were initially true and I don't know they were.  And the Colts would want a long term deal before pulling the trigger.  Just my take on the situation.

Fair enough and probably realistic.

33 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I think you're right about that, but I'd want no part of it. Trading assets for a player that is 1 failed drug test away from a year suspension, who got arrested for racing (over 140 mph) with a kid in the car, guns on the floorboard, and the car reeking of weed a week after his suspension for a failed drug test was announced. Good player, but he's no good to us if he's suspended... Now as a FA on a cheap deal? I'd have no problem. Trading players/picks and him wanting top $$? Hell no.

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

Anybody think Dorsett gets offered in a trade on draft day and what would be the comp? I think it's quite possible with the Aiken signing.and the supposed interest the Colts had in Jeffreys. There is probably no better time to get a 3rd or another 4th for him. After two seasons I convinced he`s not what Grigson thought he`d be. Dorsett for S. Richardson would be interesting, to say the least. Thoughts?   

BR just did an article on possible players available for trade during the draft and he was mentioned. I could see it happening as a player included in a trade along with a swap of picks.  Interesting article as they also mentioned; Joe Haden, Trumaine Johnson, S. Richardson, M Ingram, M Kendrichs, J. Garoppolo, M. Butler just to name a few. 

The problem with trading Dorsett is that we'd have to replace him with another WR. Our WR depth is okay, but if we were to trade Dorsett, and then come the regular season 1 or 2 of our WRs go down with an injury, we could be in a real pickle on offense. I don't really want to use a draft pick on a WR if we don't need to, but we'd pretty much have to if Dorsett were traded.

The other thing is I just don't see us getting very much for him at this point. So I'm personally fine with letting him play through this year and if he has a breakout season, good for us, if not, we cut bait. He's cheap, it's not like he's killing our cap situation or anything, so having him on the roster for 1 more year isn't a death sentence.

I dont think Dorset has any value at all. If we put him on the trade block the best we'd get is a 6th or 7th. It doesn't matter that he was a 1st round pick he has UDFA production. For S. Richardson is dreaming brother I'd do it in a heart beat but come on, the Jets are stupid but that's down right special.