Seahawks Ryan Ramczyk

Chiefs Corey Davis

Cowboys Kevin King 

Packers Alvin Kamara

Steelers Adoree Jackson 

Falcons Charles Harris 

Saints Chidobe Awuzie

I'm sure I have forgotten someone please post your thoughts 

You took a RG at #15, in the worst Oline class for a decade, even though the team is lousy with young Olinemen and need at least 3 new defensive starters for next season?

Reddick all the way at #15 in that situation. I'd take him, Takk, Taco, Charles Harris, Jarrad Davis and Gareon Conley before I even looked at Lamp tbh.

I think you take Lamp if you make a trade to move back a few spots in order to pick up an additional pick. I love Lamp, but only if we trade back a little..

But we still need to protect Luck. Lamp would be the smart choice. Seems like a safe pick.

You forgot Allen...unless you are going on the premise that this injury has him slide to the 2nd round (stranger things have happened). 

Also, I think McCaffrey will be a 1st round pick.

And I think you are too low on Corey Davis. There's a good chance he goes before Williams.

3 hours ago, colts52761 said:

Don't feel like we have enough draft picks right now to draft a RB.

We have 7 picks as of now

Ballard has been open about trading back which would lead to more.

Don't understand where or why we don't have enough picks to draft one of our BIGGEST needs.

13 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

You took a RG at #15, in the worst Oline class for a decade, even though the team is lousy with young Olinemen and need at least 3 new defensive starters for next season?

Again.. An individual's value is not determined by the class as a whole.  If this class had Joe Thomas and Trent Williams available, Lamp would still be rated where he is.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Discussing the best Left Tackles in Indy history made me wonder what the best (and worst) Offensive Lines were in Indy history.  I pulled simple stats for each year:  NFL Rush Rank, Yards per Attempt, and Sacks.  Here are my top 4 Offensive Lines and bottom 4 Offensive Lines   BEST OL - 2004 - 15th in Rushing, 4.3 Y/A, 14 Sacks - Tarik Glenn (pro bowl), Ryan Lilja, Jeff Saturday, Rick DeMulling, Ryan Diem 2ND BEST - 1987 - 6th in Rushing, 4.3 Y/A, 24 Sacks - Chris Hinton (pro bowl), Ben Utt, Ray Donaldson (pro bowl), Ron Solt (pro bowl), Kevin Call (rookie) 3RD BEST - 1985 - 5th in Rushing, 5.0 Y/A, 35 Sacks - Chris Hinton (pro bowl), Ben Utt, Ray Donaldson, Ron Solt, Karl Baldischweiler 4TH BEST - 2019 - 7th in Rushing, 4.5 Y/A, 32 Sacks - Anthony Castonzo, Quenton Nelson (pro bowl), Ryan Kelly (pro bowl), Mark Glowinski, Braden Smith   WORST OL - 1991 - 28th in Rushing, 3.3 Y/A, 57 Sacks - Zefross Moss, Randy Dixon, Brian Baldinger, Chris Conlin, Kevin Call (Ray Donaldson and Ron Solt were injured) 2ND WORST - 1992 - 28th in Rushing, 2.9 Y/A, 44 Sacks - Zefross Moss, Randy Dixon, Ray Donaldson, Ron Solt, Kevin Call (amazing that 3 of these were on 2nd best OL as well) 3RD WORST - 1997 - 17th in Rushing, 3.8 Y/A, 62 Sacks - Tarik Glenn (rookie), Eugene Chung, Jay Leeuwenberg, Tony Mandarich, Jason Matthews 4TH WORST - 2017 - 22nd in Rushing, 3.7 Y/A, 56 Sacks - Anthony Castonzo, Joe Haeg, Anthony Fabiano, Mark Glowinski, Denzelle Good (Jack Mewhort and Ryan Kelly were injured)   Interesting that two of our worst OL's were situations where multiple starters were injured.  And we have a situation where one of the best and one of the worst both have 3 players in common.  Our best performing OL only had one pro bowler.  Shows just how important teamwork and cooperation is for an OL to perform well.
    • Lawson is one of those guys that isn't getting the credit he deserves because his recorded stats that people often see aren't nearly as impressive as his overall impact.   He generates pass rush and disrupts plays.   In 2020 he ranked:   - 1st in QB knockdowns (27....one more than TJ Watt and 7 more than third place Chris Jones) - 4th in QB Pressures (defined as knockdowns + sacks+ hurries)  (44 total.....TJ Watt was first with 61 but second was a tie between Joey Bosa and Aaron Donald with 45)   He also was charted with only 2 missed tackles on the year and his 5.3% missed tackle percentage would have finished 7th among the top 50 players in terms of QB pressures behind only:   Leonard Williams Aaron Donald Myles Garrett DeForest Buckner William Gholston Jonathan Allen   In summary, his sack total isn't impressive but he is a game changer who applies pressure and does so consistently. I would love to get him and add him to this front. 
    • Why do you think that? Don't we run an overwhelming majority of zone? 
    • His job is to get the best people at every position. He should be delighted to pay them their market value and watch them take care of the Oline for the next decade. However, I do agree that he will draft a LT and just pay for a rookie contract. I didn't assume anything. I just think you exposing him to hits at different angle than he is used to warding off and it could happen. It is not worth even a remove chance.
  • Members