Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock draft

Round 1: Forrest Lamp. Very strong at the POA, plays with great leverage in the run game and uses hands to fit inside, not a mauler but has a mean streak and an attitude that sends a message to the defense. I know our defense is trash, but the more I think about it our D can be built in a year or two but Andrew can't take much damage for long. IMO Lamp is a special enough talent to pass on D in round 1 and solidify our O-line and potential make it a strength. Haeg vs Clark at RT makes them both better, Costanzo in a contract year better be more consistent or he may be replaced. Lamp or bust at 15, no other OL is worth the pick.

Round 2: Chidobe Awuzie. Awuzie is a great athlete that has a smooth back pedal and can turn and run very well. Aggressive tackler, although he needs to learn to run through the ball carrier. Tends to get flat footed when pressing or breaking on a ball, but those things are coachable. Versatile to play outside but best in the slot.

Round 3: Sidney Jones/Fabian Monreau. Sidney Jones is the perfect corner for our scheme. Probably the best man cover CB in this class. Has a nice punch with long arms and great footwork to mirror WRs. If medicals seem to be positive I wouldn't hesitate. Fabian Monreau is a great athlete who can break on the ball on create turn overs. He plays better in off man, something we dont do a lot. 

Round 4: Stevie Tui'kolovatu. The ideal NT in for our 3-4. Gap eater and penetrator, very strong punch at POA, uses hands really well to get hands off, violent on almost ever rep. 25 year old rookie and not prototype height for NT is why he lasts this long, but I think he starts for us year 1.

Round 4: Jeremy McNichols. One of my favorite backs in the class. I think he can fall here because he is not the most complete of all the backs this year. Hes not a guy who can be your workhorse, but give him 10-15 carries target him 5 times in the pass game and let him return Kicks and he makes a huge impact on your team. 

Round 4: Eddie Jackson/John Johnson. Before Eddie Jackson broke his leg he was making a strong campaign to be a 1st round pick as the best FS in this years draft. The injury happened pretty early in the year and he will be looked past in such a deep S class. His Pro day will be very telling on how damaging the injury was, if he runs well this would be such a steal. Plus he gets to sit and rest another year, possibly playing sparingly. Alternative is John Johnson, former corner who has really nice ball skills for a safety. Didn't impress at the combine and  elite NFL athletes might be a problem. Could be a potential starter or solid sub package/rotational player.

5th Round: TRADE-Mychal Kendricks. Yes I Cheated!! But this is all the Eagles want, if I was Chris Ballard I would've already done it but no rush just make it happen! 

Great start to re building our D and taking advantage of the corner depth. Risky picks with Jones and Jackson, but a team like us desperate for elite talent takes the chance. Lamp fills the final piece to our O-line because competition at RT gets super intense making the winner that much better. I definitely see the Zach Martin comparison and I wouldn't pass that up. 

What I like about all these mocks is that it forces me to go back and re-look at players, especially in the later rounds.

So, I guess you like Lamp better than Robinson or Bolles?  I wouldn't be upset with any of those picks.  Not a sexy first rounder, but Andrew will sleep better.

Personally, I like the other Colorado CB, at least on paper.  I haven't studied their film.  If Jackson falls to the 4th, that would be a great pick.  I'm not crazy about any of the RBs after the big 3, except maybe Kamara in the 4th. 

The kid from USC had a great Rose Bowl, and he's a great story.  Not sure if he's an upgrade over Parry though.

JMHOs

I wouldn't mind this draft. I feel like Andrew would DEFINITELY love the first round pick. And I think after a while, everyone will be able to get behind it too. It's good to see Andrew protected and our run game improve. I like the 2nd pick too. The 3rd pick, that's where it's hard for me... Do we take someone with that sort of injury and hope he comes back to where he was before? I may be willing to take the chance in the 3rd round on it if Sidney Jones is there. Not bad.

1 hour ago, Tmoney said:

Round 1: Forrest Lamp. Very strong at the POA, plays with great leverage in the run game and uses hands to fit inside, not a mauler but has a mean streak and an attitude that sends a message to the defense. I know our defense is trash, but the more I think about it our D can be built in a year or two but Andrew can't take much damage for long. IMO Lamp is a special enough talent to pass on D in round 1 and solidify our O-line and potential make it a strength. Haeg vs Clark at RT makes them both better, Costanzo in a contract year better be more consistent or he may be replaced. Lamp or bust at 15, no other OL is worth the pick.

Round 2: Chidobe Awuzie. Awuzie is a great athlete that has a smooth back pedal and can turn and run very well. Aggressive tackler, although he needs to learn to run through the ball carrier. Tends to get flat footed when pressing or breaking on a ball, but those things are coachable. Versatile to play outside but best in the slot.

Round 3: Sidney Jones/Fabian Monreau. Sidney Jones is the perfect corner for our scheme. Probably the best man cover CB in this class. Has a nice punch with long arms and great footwork to mirror WRs. If medicals seem to be positive I wouldn't hesitate. Fabian Monreau is a great athlete who can break on the ball on create turn overs. He plays better in off man, something we dont do a lot. 

Round 4: Stevie Tui'kolovatu. The ideal NT in for our 3-4. Gap eater and penetrator, very strong punch at POA, uses hands really well to get hands off, violent on almost ever rep. 25 year old rookie and not prototype height for NT is why he lasts this long, but I think he starts for us year 1.

Round 4: Jeremy McNichols. One of my favorite backs in the class. I think he can fall here because he is not the most complete of all the backs this year. Hes not a guy who can be your workhorse, but give him 10-15 carries target him 5 times in the pass game and let him return Kicks and he makes a huge impact on your team. 

Round 4: Eddie Jackson/John Johnson. Before Eddie Jackson broke his leg he was making a strong campaign to be a 1st round pick as the best FS in this years draft. The injury happened pretty early in the year and he will be looked past in such a deep S class. His Pro day will be very telling on how damaging the injury was, if he runs well this would be such a steal. Plus he gets to sit and rest another year, possibly playing sparingly. Alternative is John Johnson, former corner who has really nice ball skills for a safety. Didn't impress at the combine and  elite NFL athletes might be a problem. Could be a potential starter or solid sub package/rotational player.

5th Round: TRADE-Mychal Kendricks. Yes I Cheated!! But this is all the Eagles want, if I was Chris Ballard I would've already done it but no rush just make it happen! 

Great start to re building our D and taking advantage of the corner depth. Risky picks with Jones and Jackson, but a team like us desperate for elite talent takes the chance. Lamp fills the final piece to our O-line because competition at RT gets super intense making the winner that much better. I definitely see the Zach Martin comparison and I wouldn't pass that up. 

Not crazy about a mid first round pick on a G. I feel we need a T more, our interior is fine with Mewhort,Kelly, Haeg.Like you said Constanzo is in a contract year and has been underperforming. Clark has only started and played in a few games.

Your 3rd round picks may not play/contribue this season because of injury. Maybe in the 4th, if they still there. I think we need our 3rd rounder to start and help with the rebuild day 1.

Just my opinion, good job anyway. Enjoy looking at mocks.

7 hours ago, Tmoney said:

Nice ideas.
 Jim Schwartz benched M Kendricks because of his coverage skills.
 I look at Edwin Jackson and see a guy with similar size, weight, speed, skills.

1 hour ago, rock8591 said:

Way too much secondary, not gonna lie, worst mock yet.

3 DBs - no way we do that in this draft.

Ballard is under pressure to perform, and in a draft this deep, he's gonna get a star edge rusher and MLB, while this mock does neither.

8 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Ballard is under pressure to perform, and in a draft this deep, he's gonna get a star edge rusher and MLB, while this mock does neither.

Traded for Mychal Kendricks, just added two edge rushers in FA. Vontae Davis is our only starting caliber CB and we will address that in the draft. 

4 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Nice ideas.
 Jim Schwartz benched M Kendricks because of his coverage skills.
 I look at Edwin Jackson and see a guy with similar size, weight, speed, skills.

I dont think Edwin is the same athlete but yes Mychal is not good in coverage. 2 down backer but Sean Spence compliments him well.

6 hours ago, stitches said:

I don't hate any of the picks individually... I just think it would be such a waste to not come away with a pass-rusher in this EDGE-rich class.

Fair and it is a deep edge class but I feel with our FA moves 2 cbs became a bigger need plus BPA would lean towards more corners because its the deepest of any position.

7 hours ago, funktacious2 said:

I think it'should pretty sensible. But I'd just go ahead and pass on Jones in the 3rd. Superb talent, but we could use a 3rd rounder who can possibly start this year. If he'said still there in the 4th, I would not hesistate.

I hear you man, I just think since we aren't competing for the Lombardi this year why not build for the future and take the most talented player. Yea the other guy plays day 1 but he's not the same talent Sidney is. I think I heard he could possibly be cleared some time through next year, idk if he falls out of the 3rd.

11 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I wouldn't mind this draft. I feel like Andrew would DEFINITELY love the first round pick. And I think after a while, everyone will be able to get behind it too. It's good to see Andrew protected and our run game improve. I like the 2nd pick too. The 3rd pick, that's where it's hard for me... Do we take someone with that sort of injury and hope he comes back to where he was before? I may be willing to take the chance in the 3rd round on it if Sidney Jones is there. Not bad.

I would but thats probably because I'm so high on him and think he's perfect for our scheme. Will he be the same player, usually young guys with today's surgical procedures can recover almost all the way if not fully. It is a risk, but were not winning the SB next year so why not build for the year after and for the future. 

11 hours ago, Smonroe said:

What I like about all these mocks is that it forces me to go back and re-look at players, especially in the later rounds.

So, I guess you like Lamp better than Robinson or Bolles?  I wouldn't be upset with any of those picks.  Not a sexy first rounder, but Andrew will sleep better.

Personally, I like the other Colorado CB, at least on paper.  I haven't studied their film.  If Jackson falls to the 4th, that would be a great pick.  I'm not crazy about any of the RBs after the big 3, except maybe Kamara in the 4th. 

The kid from USC had a great Rose Bowl, and he's a great story.  Not sure if he's an upgrade over Parry though.

JMHOs

I really do like Lamp, at first I didn't want to believe the Zach Martin comparison because IMO martin is the best G in the league rn. But I watch his film and he moves so well for a guy who packs such a strong punch. Cam Rob I do like but not at 15, he'll be a nice NFL guard but not a Pro Bowler like Lamp. Dont like Bolles at all. Ahkello is really nice, his scrawny frame scrays me in our press man scheme and he really doesn't tackle well. Awuzie can play inside and out and can guard quick twitch WRs and big bodied wide catch radius WRs. I think Stevie is a huge upgrade from Parry. He's a bigger body, 320, and he's also much better at sheding blocks. Parry gets driven back by double teams where Stevie fights to split and maintain gap integrity.

33 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

How is Ballard under pressure to preform we just hired him hahaha? If you expect Evey hole on this disgusting roster to be filled in 1 off season you'll be crying. 

5 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

How is Ballard under pressure to preform we just hired him hahaha? If you expect Evey hole on this disgusting roster to be filled in 1 off season you'll be crying. 

He's pressuring himself, with all the statements he has made about building the team. e.g. constantly talking about building the trenches, etc, etc.

Actually a great thing, not a bad thing...but you can tell he has the "I'm not here to get situated, I'm here to work and win" streak in him.

38 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

What did we just do in FA smart guy? Covered those two exact things. 

Sheard played in 16 games last year.  Started 8 of them.  Got 5 sacks.

Simon is only depth.

No real CB depth or a starter across from Davis.

I will wait and see the draft

1 hour ago, gacker65 said:

Sheard played in 16 games last year.  Started 8 of them.  Got 5 sacks.

Simon is only depth.

No real CB depth or a starter across from Davis.

I will wait and see the draft

Sheard doesn't have impressive stats throughout his career but I do expect his production to be better then anything he's shown. With his talent and being a starter all 16 he might get close to 10+. John Simon will start this year, he can set the edge and be a factor in the run game as well as rush the passer. Exactly we have nothing at corner that's why I think we should draft 2. Yes we will all wait and see, but this is the direction I would take.

1 hour ago, rock8591 said:

He's pressuring himself, with all the statements he has made about building the team. e.g. constantly talking about building the trenches, etc, etc.

Actually a great thing, not a bad thing...but you can tell he has the "I'm not here to get situated, I'm here to work and win" streak in him.

Pressuring himself and being under pressure are two different things. I love his mentality, but he's also stated this is not a 1 year re build. Every need can not be added through the draft, we added two starting caliber edge players through FA so I think Ballard is going to give them a shot and draft else where.