Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NorthernColt's 4 round Mock Draft

Been doing alot of research on this draft so I thought I might as well make my very first mock draft.

1st round (15th): Haason Reddick - This guy absolutely blew up the combine. Looked smooth in all the on field drills and definitely pops on his college tape. IMO he's similar to Solomon Thomas due the versatility. He can play inside or outside LB and even put his hand in the dirt in sub packages if need be. He's extremely talented and very coachable.

(Other Option: Reuben Foster)

2nd Round (46th): Malik McDowell - If he's there, I think he has too much talent to pass up. He has questionable consistency, and poor technique but that makes the numbers he put up all the more impressive. He does alot of it with just natural ability. Coach him up a bit for a year, light a fire under his butt and watch him take off. I think he has the ability to play anywhere on the line, ideally at NT.

(Other Option: Gareon Conley)

3rd Round (80th): Kevin King - He's my sleeper. I think he's incredibly underrated. Has Sherman size at CB and put up great combine numbers. Also watching the on field drills, he was one of the few guys who looked comfortable catching the ball. Not to mention CB is a huge need right now.

(Other Option: Jarrad Davis)

4th Round (122): Raekwon McMillan - If we scoop him up here it's great value. We keep talking about getting younger and faster, this pick helps both. He does miss some tackles, but his coverage would be better then any ILB we have right now.

4th Round (144): Samaje Perine - This is more personal preference, but I prefer my RB's to be powerbacks rather then speedbacks. Perine doesn't have great speed, but he can hit holes and is an absolute tank. He reminds me a bit of Blount.

(Other Option: Wayne Gallman)

4th Round (Patriots): Jake Butt - Should be another solid value pick here. Average athlete, but he catches everything. Has had great production in Michigan this past year. Likely won't be a star or anything but should always be a reliable pass catcher to help move the chains and as a redzone target.

What do y'all think?

We'd be very fortunate if the draft fell this way. All the guys in rounds 2-4 have a good chance of being drafted before you have them slotted; besides Butt. 

Love all those guys though. Reddick brings much needed speed and athleticism to the ILB position. 

McDowell is a physical freak who could be a monster if he puts it all together. 

McMillan is criminally underrated. Guys a beast. Plus he has great size. 

Perine is an instant upgrade to the RB corp and would be the punishing between the tackles runner I've wanted forever. 

Only pick I don't like is Butt. We don't need him and he's coming off an injury. I think we could grab another defender there. Maybe Daeshon Hall, Jarron Jones, or Marcus Maye. If you want a pass catcher at that pick I'd go with Ryan Switzer. 

Good job

2 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Jarrad won't be available in the 3rd and McMillan surely won't be there in the 4th. 

Some are projecting McDowell in the first but if he's there at two, it would be a great pick.  

After the combine, it will be very surprising if Raekwon makes it to our pick at 3.  

At this point I'd love adding a Hasson Reddick to take care of the ILB position after Ballard has been somewhat addressing the OLB spot. I'd prefer a trade down most, so that Ballard has an additional 2nd or 3rd before getting Reddick, but that's just me. Reddick would give the Colts a LB they haven't had in many many years. A ILB than can rush the QB, cover very well, and has incredible athleticism to hold his own in this pass happy league.

Ballard also must come out of this draft with 2 quality CBs since Davis isn't guaranteed to be back in 2018. And I still wouldn't rule out a trade of Davis if Chris is able to land some quality help at the CB position. Nothing less than an early 3rd round pick for Davis though.

19 hours ago, NorthernColt said:

Been doing alot of research on this draft so I thought I might as well make my very first mock draft.

1st round (15th): Haason Reddick - This guy absolutely blew up the combine. Looked smooth in all the on field drills and definitely pops on his college tape. IMO he's similar to Solomon Thomas due the versatility. He can play inside or outside LB and even put his hand in the dirt in sub packages if need be. He's extremely talented and very coachable.

(Other Option: Reuben Foster)

2nd Round (46th): Malik McDowell - If he's there, I think he has too much talent to pass up. He has questionable consistency, and poor technique but that makes the numbers he put up all the more impressive. He does alot of it with just natural ability. Coach him up a bit for a year, light a fire under his butt and watch him take off. I think he has the ability to play anywhere on the line, ideally at NT.

(Other Option: Gareon Conley)

3rd Round (80th): Kevin King - He's my sleeper. I think he's incredibly underrated. Has Sherman size at CB and put up great combine numbers. Also watching the on field drills, he was one of the few guys who looked comfortable catching the ball. Not to mention CB is a huge need right now.

(Other Option: Jarrad Davis)

4th Round (122): Raekwon McMillan - If we scoop him up here it's great value. We keep talking about getting younger and faster, this pick helps both. He does miss some tackles, but his coverage would be better then any ILB we have right now.

4th Round (144): Samaje Perine - This is more personal preference, but I prefer my RB's to be powerbacks rather then speedbacks. Perine doesn't have great speed, but he can hit holes and is an absolute tank. He reminds me a bit of Blount.

(Other Option: Wayne Gallman)

4th Round (Patriots): Jake Butt - Should be another solid value pick here. Average athlete, but he catches everything. Has had great production in Michigan this past year. Likely won't be a star or anything but should always be a reliable pass catcher to help move the chains and as a redzone target.

What do y'all think?

I`d make a copy of that and check your work after the draft.
 I don`t see any of your choices available in rd 2, 3, or 4. We will see. lol