Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ProFootballFocus Top 50 free agent list

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-50-nfl-free-agents-of-2017/

To be honest, Chris Baker, DL of the Redskins is interesting given that we play multiple fronts and he can provide some pass rush in the interior that Brandon Williams, who is better vs the run cannot provide. 

If you look at this grade chart (sort it by DL), you'd see Baker ahead of Williams and Poe overall:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-2017-free-agency-tracker/

25 minutes ago, Solon said:

Chandler Jones and Stephen Gilmore would be my dream signings.

I think Bruce Arians has publicly said if the Cardinals can't sign Jones to a long-term deal,  then they will put the Franchise Tag on him.      Arizona will NOT let him becomes a FA.

1 hour ago, Solon said:

Chandler Jones and Stephen Gilmore would be my dream signings.

Gilmore has had issues with inconsistent effort already (especially on run defense). That's pretty unlikely to improve after he gets his big deal.

Maybe he turns it around, kind of like Rodgers-Cromartie but I wouldn't want to give him Janoris Jenkins-level contract to bet on that.

29 minutes ago, Finball said:

Gilmore has had issues with inconsistent effort already (especially on run defense). That's pretty unlikely to improve after he gets his big deal.

Maybe he turns it around, kind of like Rodgers-Cromartie but I wouldn't want to give him Janoris Jenkins-level contract to bet on that.

I wouldn't give him that money either. Maybe he'll play the way he's suppose to if he plays on a team that's committed to winning. I just like the idea of the Davis-Gilmore tandem. 

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think Bruce Arians has publicly said if the Cardinals can't sign Jones to a long-term deal,  then they will put the Franchise Tag on him.      Arizona will NOT let him becomes a FA.

Michael Bidwell just said the same thing: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cardinals-president-confirms-theyll-use-franchise-tag-on-chandler-jones/

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-50-nfl-free-agents-of-2017/

To be honest, Chris Baker, DL of the Redskins is interesting given that we play multiple fronts and he can provide some pass rush in the interior that Brandon Williams, who is better vs the run cannot provide. 

If you look at this grade chart (sort it by DL), you'd see Baker ahead of Williams and Poe overall:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-2017-free-agency-tracker/

I think part of the reason we even play multiple fronts is because we've struggled to find personnel for our base 3-4 defense. I think Ballard will look to change that and model it after the D that KC had. I'd much rather have Williams or Poe in that regard to play a true NT. But then again, next years draft will have Lowell Loutelei and Vita Vea.

If I'm taking anyone on that list it's Melvin Ingram, Eric Berry, and/or Dre Kirkpatrick.

24 minutes ago, Superman said:

From the perspective of the Colts,  I fear this is going to happen to a number of players who are currently ranked in the top-10/15 free agents.

What that means is that the teams will be bidding on fewer talented players thereby increasing the law of supply and demand which will only drive the prices for these players up.....

Not good for the Colts.      We'll see how this plays out.      I confess to being highly curious how Ballard sees our current roster,   how he sees the FA class,   and how he sees the draft?

Right now lots of questions and very few answers......

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

From the perspective of the Colts,  I fear this is going to happen to a number of players who are currently ranked in the top-10/15 free agents.

What that means is that the teams will be bidding on fewer talented players thereby increasing the law of supply and demand which will only drive the prices for these players up.....

Not good for the Colts.      We'll see how this plays out.      I confess to being highly curious how Ballard sees our current roster,   how he sees the FA class,   and how he sees the draft?

Yup, there are only a few high quality players on defense that I think will reach free agency, and they'll be very overpaid. I think most of them will be secondary players, and I want front seven players. They'll also have some shortcomings, I think. 

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Very good point and I agree. Then we'll see many on here lose thier minds and immediately tab Ballard as an incompetent failure because we didn't go out sign the big name free agents they wanted.

16 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

It's a hell of a year for cornerbacks. In both FA and the draft. I hope we grab one from either. And Melvin of course. 

I'd be good with cutting everyone but Vontae and grabbing one from both (FA and draft). I think you could find a solid #2 in FA and a future #1 to replace Vontae in the draft.

Then maybe a 2-3 years down the road, Vontae slides to FS if we still have a need there.

When our GM looks at height, weight, speed, and AGE, i sincerely doubt he will have interest in more than 1-2 of the top 25 or so at the opening of FA.
 And can he get them to come here?
 I see it being more like a Grigson FA. A few mid-tier adds. Hopefully he is better at adding the Right ones.

He should compete pretty hard for Doyle because Doyle is someone Lucky can actually hit in the pinch.